Topic: Best Iphone apps

Thought it was about time we started sharing some of these in the right place. There's millions out there so it's always nice to get a little guidance!

Here's a few that have stayed on my phone after a recent cull. Most of them are free or have free versions. Some I bought after too many ales.

Real Racing GTI - This was the first app I downloaded. Nice graphics, Tilt to steer and you can add your own music. Ace of Spades works well.

TV Catchup - Watch TV on the go. Not used it a great deal as there's not much on tv!

Moron Test -  Annoying, but insanely addictive and quite funny.

Shazam - Tis witch craft. Point your phone at music. Tells you what it is with a link to buy it from itunes etc.

Remote - Had a right laugh with this at a NYE party at mine. Control your stereo from the phone.  Very impressive.

Paper Toss - Throw paper balls in a bin. Good fun

Around Me - Wherever you are - tells you pubs, banks, food, what to see, petrol, parking etc

Fling - Brilliant. Simple idea, tricky game and addictive.

Doodle Jump - See above

Snow Lite - Cool snowboarding game.

Waterslide - err.. slide down the waterslide!

Para Panic - Land the parachutes on the boat - avoid clouds and choppers. Ace!

Traffic Rush - Again - simple and addctive.

Red Laser - Bar code checker. Used this in HMV the other day on The Wire3. Found it five quid cheaper... on HMV on line!!

Pocket Guitar - One to impress the unbelievers. Pull a guitar out of your pocket and play Stairway to Heaven.

TV Guide - Whats on the box - Now and next with full details on progs. No more Radio Times!

Free Lyrics+ - Doesn't always work, but when it does it's cool. Pick a tune from your itunes library - get the lyrics in seconds.

Spikey Lite - Nice little game I still haven't got past level five.

Alarm Clock - Turns your phone in to a big digital alarm clock!

Lets Golf -  Cracking little game. Superb graphics, sound etc.

Action Bowling - Pretty good bowling game.

Shrek Kart - Nice graphics. Good gameplay. Make him fart to go faster.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Seems a lot harder than the telly version! Not played it much, but haven't got past a thousand yet!

Virtuoso Piano Lite - Turns your phone in to a piano. You can play aloung with your own music. Sounds great.

Unblock Me - Great little puzzle. Move the wooden blocks to free the little red block. Simple - except it isnt.

Snow Moto - Great racing game... on snow.

iVerse - Download comics. Read very well on the phone display.

Racer - Superb game. Use your finger to swerve your car in and out of traffic.

Post em up!

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Re: Best Iphone apps

any chance of marking the ones that cost & showing how much?

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Most apps seem to have a "Lite" version which is free. This is my spends so far!

Real Racing GTI - free

TV Catchup - free

Moron Test -  59p

Shazam - Free version gets you six searches. Paid 2.99 for unlimited. (Shazam Encore)

Remote - Free

Paper Toss - Free

Around Me - Free

Fling - Free, but liked it so got the full version for 59p

Doodle Jump - 59p

Snow Lite - Free

Waterslide - Free

Para Panic - Free

Traffic Rush - Free

Red Laser - £1.19

Pocket Guitar - 59p

TV Guide - Free

Free Lyrics+ - Free

Spikey Lite - Free

Alarm Clock - Free

Lets Golf -  Free (with 12 days of Xmas Itunes app)

Action Bowling - Free

Shrek Kart - Free

Who Wants to be a Millionaire - £2.99

Virtuoso Piano Lite - Free

Unblock Me - Free

Snow Moto - Free

iVerse - Free

Racer - Free

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Sky Sports centre - live commentary, scores and tables - free
The Good Beer Guide - indispensable real ale pub guide that uses LBS via GPS - £9.99 subscription per year. Worth getting the iphone for alone!!
Twitteriffic - Twitter app, pretty hand - Free
My O2 - account info - free
The Tranline - train timetable using LBS - so you'll always know when the next train home is - free
My Convert - converts weights, measures, temperature etc, again, another handy app - free
TV Guide - everything that's on every channel, rated and description - free
Sky News - sky news, text and video - free
BBC iPlayer - free
TV Catchup - watch live tv for free!
Remote - controls your itunes on your PC or mac from your phone, and if you link it up as I have through your stereo, you'll have all your music through your stereo at your fingertips - free
Shazam - handy for identifying songs in the pub or radio - free
Paper toss - addictive game - free

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

audio boo

cooliris

iCasz

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

http://s1.b3ta.com/host/creative/15246/1245258613/woodwardapps.gif

Bought the Top Gun game.

Whoa - it rocks dude... seriously mental... and you get that cheesy 80's anthem soundtrack too... Danger Zone.... aviators down.. fry those Ruskies!

Trapped in rubble of Haiti app...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … -that.html

The fertility app !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic … ceive.html

harbour master, only got the lite version but its quite good

toobz , also good

RJDJ

I read a review saying it was the nearest app to simulate doing mushrooms.  There's something in that.  It's a music app. Free, of course, or I wouldn't have it.  Various 'scenes' of music and you can get loads more for knack all.  The clever bit is thety're all interactive in one way or another.  Sounds from the mic get sampled in to the music on most scenes.  Shake the phone or turn it and it does stuff with some scenes. Some are better than others but generally quite a strange experience on headphones walking around town.  Got quite a nice percussive effect when havving a piss the other day. 

Most of the games I've looked at are shit so appreciate any tips.  Stuff I find useful, many already mentioned, ALL FREE:
- SOS Torch (it's a torch well sort of)
- AroundMe (find a petrol staion or a bank till)
- Diana (stop arguments about what the moon is up to)
- Errands (list things etc)
- AccuWeather (amazing detailed hourly forecasts which are occasionally
right)
- AllRecipes (scran based app)
-LondonMapo (that there guidance)
- CameraPlus (make snaps a tad better)
- PapertOSS (only game I tried that is simple enough for me to work)
- Waze (satnav which is new to UK ish but will become good in time)
- BBC Reader (newsish)

For those that remember my antipathy towards all things Apple smile work bought this thing for me.  On O2.  Thing refised to recieve calls for 3 weeks.  They tried this and that and eventually fixed. O2's fault but I like to blame Apple anyway. Apps graet and touchness much better than WindowsMobile devices.  But battery life is a joke.  Everything turned off or down and it is still a dog.  Charge it 2 or 3 times a day off laptop to scrape by if you actually need to use it for like phone calls a bit.  I know, I should be moaning about this on a different thread but, really, phones need to workj as phones as well don';t they?  All icing no cake.

I don't really struggle with my battery. Bluetooth is off until I'm in the car, brightness is down, other things adjusted.

Mine's been really solid apart from a few crossed lines and people not hearing me but me hearing them once in a while.

Touch wood... but not in a Chelsea way...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Maybe my battery is erked.  Can't understand how bad it is.  Charged/discharged full couple of times when got it.  Bluetooth off.  Screen down.  G3 off most of the time. Location stuff off.  *shrugs*

Does the latest versions of the software have any bearing on battery performance?

onandoff wrote:

Maybe my battery is erked.  Can't understand how bad it is.  Charged/discharged full couple of times when got it.  Bluetooth off.  Screen down.  G3 off most of the time. Location stuff off.  *shrugs*

think you've got  dud dude

Ditched the old Sky+ app as it was slow and clunky and TVGuide was loads better.

Just seen it's been redesigned though, downloaded it and it's spot on. Being able to set the video when you're out and about is brilliant if you've forgotten about something.

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

Mines okay, but I leave it plugged in when I'm at work. I watch a lot of video on it so it needs to be kep topped up. I like the sound of that RJDJ thing. Sounds a bit like Bloom which is an app Brian Eno has put together. Rave reviews but not cheap enough for me to try!

have they got an app that lets you use your O2 iPhone near Elland Road yet roll:rolleyes:

Had RJDJ on at work the other day and couldn't stop laughing. It's truly trippy.

Have a look at Table Tennis Lite. Ping Pong without scrabbling under the table looking for the ball.

Pocket Storys are good if you have kids. The Smelly Sprout is very well animated.

For the star gazer...check out "Planets" - it's a freebie. You bang in your long and latitude and it displays the night sky viewable from where you are. A load of other astrological info for the space buff. It'll have you wondering around at night gazing at the stars like a nutter in no time!

Wake Me Shake Me

works off GPS, sounds the the alarm when you're near your station. Could of done with this in the eighties, I've only ever been to Epping asleep on the last central line train.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Sounds good. Might use that for when I've got luggage to forget.

Have a look at Face Fighter. Very funny in a cartoon violent kinda way and you get to beat your mates to a pulp.

Angry Birds.

Catapult small birds at fortresses concealing green pigs.

Lots of shreiking, grunting and breaking glass.

It's a total winner. More addicitive than heroin.

Get in there quick lads...

iPhone developers angry as Apple purges adult apps 

Developers have expressed anger at Apple's decision to ban some adult-themed applications from its iPhone.
Thousands of apps with adult-themed content have been removed from the store since Friday although some, such as one from Playboy, remain.
Apple has said that certain apps were removed following customer complaints. Developer Jon Atherton is angry that previously-approved apps have been pulled, and accuses Apple of "experimenting with our livelihoods".
Apple said it had to respond to its customers. "It came to the point where we were getting customer complaints from women who found the content getting too degrading and objectionable, as well as parents who were upset with what their kids were able to see," Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of product marketing, told the New York Times.

When asked why some apps with adult content had remained intact he said that Apple took into consideration how "well-known" companies were as well as whether they had "previously published material".
ChilliFresh is an Australian company that creates apps for the iPhone, including the recently banned Wobble, which allows users to add 'wobble' functionality to pictures of women's breasts. "I'm now worried the eco-system is run by puritans and is not fair to all players," developer Jon Atherton said on its website. "And worst of all it is not a secure source of income. It can drop to close to zero if they decide to change the rules," he added. The firm was making £320 a day out of its apps, a figure which has dropped to £5 since the ban, he said. "On Friday evening we got an e-mail out of the blue which basically said, thanks very much but we don't want you any more. Apple said it was removing all overtly sexual apps," he told the BBC. He said that if Apple was serious about protecting young customers it should allow parents to set controls for devices. He called on Apple to publish its new guidelines so that developers were clear on what they could and could not do as well as to clarify why not all sex-related apps are affected by the ban. "My view is that this is a knee-jerk reaction. Apple is very controlling. These apps are getting popular but the apps store doesn't have an adult section," he said.

"I'd have thought there was a technological way of fixing the problem rather than pulling the rug out from under people's feet," he added.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Tuneln

All the radio you need for £1.19

http://www.reviewmyiphoneapp.com/music/ … ioin-music