Re: Best Iphone apps

Bought it this aft. Good in theory, but I seem to be cursed by poor streaming. Too many stops for buffering to make it an easy listen. Even at home on wifi it's stuttered. Am just testing Ustream. Live video streaming! That could really throttle the speed on this thing.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

really???  mine works fine on 3G

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j-DGrWry6k

WOO-HOO!

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:

really???  mine works fine on 3G

Been listening to Radio 5 live. It stopped - forgot it was on and it suddenly kicked back in fifteen minutes later.

Something not right.

That TV catch up is worse.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Two R's wrote:

That TV catch up is worse.

Again, I've yet to have a problem with that, although it's patchy on 3G but great on WiFi

orange v O2 perhaps?

Well my wi-fi is rubbish. Sky basic - and apart from the iphone there's two macs throttling it. Give it five years and the entire country will be one big wi-fi hotspot. Till then streaming content will always be a bit flakey in parts.

Works grand here on Wi-Fi. Not bad for a quid and a half.

It has improved after a few more goes. Varies by station and location.... all across the nation.

Scanner 911... http://scanner911.appspot.com/

Picks up police & emergency services radio mainly in the US but other countries too. I was listening to Los Angeles PD last night; numerous pursuits of hooded youths, a liquor store robbery, a lost bike and a 4 year old girl who was found after being reported missing! Remember they’re hours behind us so that was probably early afternoon. Checked in again this morning whilst I had me breakfast (midnightish their time) and all hell was breaking loose. Looking forward to a busy weekend.

Think it cost € 0.79 off iTunes.

Also "Unblock Me" - free puzzle game re shuffling wooden blocks around - kills time if that's what you need.

Mr Laird do you own a big gun and have a lot of canned food?

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:

Mr Laird do you own a big gun and have a lot of canned food?

http://amysrobot.com/files/zombie_small.jpg

Rag Doll Blaster.

Similar kind of physics game play to Angry Birds featuring a cannon and an endless supply of ammo in the form of rag dolls. These people must be tripping to come up with this stuff, but it works. Can't stop playing the thing.

Two R's wrote:

Angry Birds.

Catapult small birds at fortresses concealing green pigs.

Lots of shreiking, grunting and breaking glass.

It's a total winner. More addicitive than heroin.

nearly finished it - best value game ever

I have finished it.. Except for the golden egg section which has five icons around the edge.. What's that all about?
Ace game by the way. I recommend gamebox as well, 28 games for 59p..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

I finished it at the weekend.

It's left a big empty hole in my life.

Guess I'll just have to play it all over again.

http://hipstamaticapp.com/

One for you photographers.

Football Manager - scaled down version of the PC game - I'm going to get Dagenham and Redbridge to the CL final within 10 seasons, you mark my words.

There's the one app I heard of, it lets you, this is great, talk with someone who's in another place, provided they have one with the same app.

Well that was fun.

Got Doom Classic at the weekend for a bit of shoot em up nostalgia.

Plays very well on the iphone and is still a great game, although the graphics look a bit dated.  The sound effects are still great - especially the grunting apes and the shotgun.

Problem is - even though it was over ten years ago - I played it so much I still know my way around all the levels too easily.

Quake 1 would be nice.

proper addicted to this angry birds thing, done level 6 now just playing them all over again while waiting for 7 to be released

best app ever?

Me too. Hate games normally but worth 59p of anyone's money.

Site stalwart.

Those boomerang birds are ace. Has my lad in fits of giggles.

I like the Time Machine App that comes free with Angry Birds. You start playing at 9 at night and next thing you know it's 2 in the morning. Genius.

Site stalwart.

ObL69 wrote:

I have finished it.. Except for the golden egg section which has five icons around the edge.. What's that all about?

any of you lot done this one in the golden egg section

it can't be done I'm telling you

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4376/phototdi.jpg

Just done it. It's those ones along the bottom. Trial and error. I think I sent the red one into the top corner first and then the yellow one into the middle. The doms topple to the left and then along the bottom and roll the pig over. This was on about the 100th attempt like I'd worn it down or something. This is the very last level isn't it?

Site stalwart.