Re: Best Iphone apps

Harvest wrote:

Just done it. It's those ones along the bottom. Trial and error. I think I sent the red one into the top corner first and then the yellow one into the middle. The doms topple to the left and then along the bottom and roll the pig over. This was on about the 100th attempt like I'd worn it down or something. This is the very last level isn't it?

Cracked it yesterday.  More levels are being written & released I think mate

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Just done that one with just the red one. Fired it down at the bottom row and when they toppled and lifted the pig it croaked without any TNT. Ace game. Hope they hurry up with some more.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

I'm still stuck on the boomerang bird / balloon scenario

I can barely get that piece of wood out of the exit hole...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Rudi wrote:

Fire the first boomerang bird over the lot and 'boom' it back to take out the pig bottom right

next two yellow birds turbo charge them into the bottom left of the structure

next up the egg layer - this one drop the egg so that when the bird shoots off it goes into the structure and takes most of that down

last boomer - use that to mop up whats left

That worked for me after days of struggling. The second step seemed to sort it. I'd been firing them at the other side.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:
Rudi wrote:

Fire the first boomerang bird over the lot and 'boom' it back to take out the pig bottom right

next two yellow birds turbo charge them into the bottom left of the structure

next up the egg layer - this one drop the egg so that when the bird shoots off it goes into the structure and takes most of that down

last boomer - use that to mop up whats left

Job's a good un BLB wink

But hang on! Next level! What fresh balloon lunacy is this??!?!

This has got to be the most addictive game ever. I'm even dreaming of the bastard now.

The bomb birds are my favourite, closely followed by the tri-partite bluebirds

The Jamie Oliver app is ace. Brilliant design and some cracking recipes. They're supposed to take 20 minutes, but I think that's pushing it a bit. It takes me that long to peel and chop a couple of onions! A great feature is that it lists the ingredients for each meal and you can swipe em off as you go round the supermarket whacking em in your trolley. (Still not found any red snapper yet for the spicy fish noodles.) Theres some good videos with general cooking tips and regular updates with new recipes. It's all step by step with the option of photos and apart from having to wipe the screen a lot it's excellent for working from in the kitchen.

not an app but webcams from BBC springwatch are now available on your mobile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/springwatch/webcams/

Kes Cam is ace

The Deep

Very realistic pin ball - it's even got tilt. Superb graphics and sound and lots of replay appeal. If you were going to show off the iphone's full capabilites this would be the app.

I-Force - I'm not saying too much about this as it's worth keeping the trick quiet, but so far it's impressed a lot of people. Basically - you and your iphone become Derron Brown.

A must for those nights in watching the World Cup....

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vuvuzela … 30627?mt=8

I was shaking that one during the Brazil game last night!

Have a look at Skobbler Lite - the first GPS by turn app for free on the iphone. Tested it out on the way home the other night and it seemed pretty good.

Bank Run and N.Y Zombies are great for violent shoot em ups.

Flick kick is great. Retro 'Roy Of The Rovers' type graphics and a very simple but addictive football game.. 36 is my record on arcade, 61 on the timed version. Oh and only 59p.

Formica is a nice bit of wood

worse than crack this thread wink

40 on the arcade now... 62 on the timed... MUST STOP PLAYING(or I might crash the car..)

I'm on 39 on the arcade and 51 on time attack.

Got the rugby version as well, but it's not as good.

Get on High Noon. Wild West shoot em up against other people online. It's free. Works best on wi-fi.

My number is 383650285 (Jukejoint Johnny) Stick me on your shit list and come n draw yer pistol pardner!!

For photographers, a few good (free) apps:
Camera Plus
Dash of Color
Photoshop.com Mobile

A game I think is annoyingly addictive - Bounce Bullet (also free)
Tap Tap Revenge (for those who like Guitar Hero-type games)

Saw Beckford start his first game for Everton down under in Brisbane - he won't last long...

The BBC News app is very slick - and unlike a lot of it's rivals - it works! Has a FB and twitter link too which is useful and an option for you to take photos or send storys in. That must be a fun job looking through those.

Sickipedia...

It's free and a constant source of jokes.

Hipstomatic - a great camera app. Makes all your photos look like they were taken in 1973.

Tap DJ...

Costs 1.19. Bloody great. I've got an early start in the AM, but can't stop scratching..!

LCA10 to offer real critique but I've had great fun just with the samples provided.

Bought this last night. I'm sat here in the office pretending to work whilst I drop beats tween the Boo Ya Tribe with The Clash. Impressed, but I think I need a crash course in this mixing lark.

You know you can put your own voice on it? I had one going last week with my vocal and my daughter's vocal.. I think it may be a big hit, it's called, "I've been to build-a-bear".

Here's another belter.. La-di-da. You make up a song, sing it and it puts a backing track to it.. It has that voice improvement gizmo on it, sounds a bit like a vocoder..

Ha! Yes  - tried to record little Lucas this morning, but he got stage fright.

I've been trying to sample tiny snippets of tracks. I can just about do it, but it's not easy.

I've got a James Brown grunt and the snare drum roll on Tommy Gun.

First Touch Football. 59p.

It's brilliant. It's almost as good as Subbutteo!

Although I need to practice it a bit more.  As LUFC, I lost to Middlesboro 7-0 and had three men sent off. O'Bryan scored an own goal too so it's certainly very realistic.