Re: Brookside

I remember Alan Partridge's wife was a bit of a stunner. I'll search her out and report back.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

The Last Waltz wrote:

44 posts and no mention of

http://christhedon.com/index_files/SNN2 … 10969a.jpg

Thought someone did mention her as she got replaced by a less fit version?  I really liked this lass's gazongas, and of course Heather Haversham is a great call earlier.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

I'm gonna repeat it cos you set of heartless cunts take no notice of me.  I cried when Damon Grant died, as did Debbie.  It was in York supposedly too, not a great advert for ye olde capital..

Pedants corner

Wasn't brookie thought was it?? (wasn't it some spinoff called Damon & Debbie??)

old codger wrote:

I'm gonna repeat it cos you set of heartless cunts take no notice of me.  I cried when Damon Grant died, as did Debbie.  It was in York supposedly too, not a great advert for ye olde capital..

Think its legal within the walls to take scousers out with a long bow,or is it scots?

Throw those curtains wide,just one day like this a year would see me right.

Bobdobalina wrote:
old codger wrote:

Think its legal within the walls to take scousers out with a long bow,or is it scots?

And non-whites big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

CBDS wrote:
old codger wrote:

Pedants corner

Wasn't brookie thought was it?? (wasn't it some spinoff called Damon & Debbie??)

Think you're right though they were still in Brookie, it was like one of those Corrie only on video specials - Jack and Vera Get Bikini Waxed in Vegas sort of thing.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Terry's bird Michelle. she was rather saucy.

Anyone remember that bald headed loon who superglued his face to Terry's taxi window?

The twins.

Anvil faced moody twat Jamie. Was he Karen Grant's bf? Went off to be a bizzie.

Not only was it filmed at the interchange but Damon had a job sweeping the terraces at VP and even knocked one in. Sure he mentioned the fire too.

Matt the Bat wrote:
Rudi wrote:

Bu Sammy Rodgers I was utterly smitten with for years.

The pissed up doe eyed strumpet.

Me too
I stood near her once in the Mardi Gras in Liverpool
I told everyone

She used to drink all the time in Casa's. And Karen would always be in the Phil. Used to serve her all the time. She started chatting to me once, but I had to bottle up, so was crouched down with my back to her, fiddling around with bottles of Holsten Pils and going "right... yeah, right." Didn't think she was too impressed.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Didn't Tracy's teacher have a bit of a fling with her once? Remember Billy shouting "Montague, you're dead!!" at a parent's evening.

The Collins lad used to wear a China Crisis t-shirt. I remember his dad (can't remember the names, but I remember them showing him in bed with his missus - crapping nora) saying to him once "Oh yes, I know all about your Echo and the Bunnymen!"

2+1

Doreen Corkhill  - probably the first woman i knew it was wrong to fancy, but there was something about her.

hey-ho, let's go!

"Freeeee George Jackson..."

2+1

Smutty Lips wrote:

Doreen Corkhill  - probably the first woman i knew it was wrong to fancy, but there was something about her.

Probably confused a lot round your way, not having a tail and wet nose. Well a tail.

Last edited by gorefidel (Fri 05 Mar 2010 8:22 am)

Smutty Lips wrote:

it was them jumpers that she wore with a big belt round her waist

accentuated her tits

not that I paid loads of attention or owt ....

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

gorefidel wrote:

Haven't watched it since the early 80's - when Rod was the token Blue and the rest were Reds with Barry doing the European robbing trips.

Social realism for a while. Oh yeah, and the Lezzies.

'Rod' works in a barbers 2 mins walk from my office.

It's called 'Ben Hair'.

True story.

The siege with that annoying cockney cunt Pat. Did he get shot? I can't remember. I fucking hope so. Cunt.

The Moby

The sign outside Ron and Bev Dicko's house 'Casa Bevron'

Jimmy Corkhill's shutters.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Did it have something to do with shagging the Dentist(where she worked)for money:o

Matt the Bat wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

Did it have something to do with shagging the Dentist(where she worked)for money:o

it was for me wink;);)

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

fulmine wrote:
Matt the Bat wrote:
Rudi wrote:

Bu Sammy Rodgers I was utterly smitten with for years.

The pissed up doe eyed strumpet.

Me too
I stood near her once in the Mardi Gras in Liverpool
I told everyone

She used to drink all the time in Casa's. And Karen would always be in the Phil. Used to serve her all the time. She started chatting to me once, but I had to bottle up, so was crouched down with my back to her, fiddling around with bottles of Holsten Pils and going "right... yeah, right." Didn't think she was too impressed.

My 'pad' was in the Hardman House Hotel so Casa's was my regular last chance saloon. It was run on a 'membership' basis by Somalis if I recall. I remember walking behind Karen Grant on Hope Street and was put off as she carried some chunk in the calf department   
I stood next to Sinbad in the Everyman bar and when the barmaid asked what he wanted he pointed to me and said 'this lad was next'
I've wished him well in his career ever since

Not forgetting.

http://i3.digiguide.com/p/0808/1340-ClaireSweeney-12199231670.jpg

And.

http://www.brooksidesoapbox.co.uk/ROD-DI.jpg

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

fulmine wrote:

Didn't Tracy's teacher have a bit of a fling with her once? Remember Billy shouting "Montague, you're dead!!" at a parent's evening.

Changing room grafitti Tracy Corkhill gave Monty a Swiss Roll

fulmine wrote:

The Collins lad used to wear a China Crisis t-shirt. I remember his dad (can't remember the names, but I remember them showing him in bed with his missus - crapping nora) saying to him once "Oh yes, I know all about your Echo and the Bunnymen!"

Paul Collins.

Didn't Paul once walk in on Gordon & his boyfriend in flagrante?

... It's just Wishful Thinking...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Second Skin wrote:
fulmine wrote:

Changing room grafitti Tracy Corkhill gave Monty a Swiss Roll

fulmine wrote:

Paul Collins.

Didn't Paul once walk in on Gordon & his boyfriend in flagrante?

Blimey, yeah, I think he may well have done... I remember when Gordon had a job interview at a shop (I think) and was worried that he might be prejudiced against because he was wearing a pink triangle badge to say he was out and proud or somesuch. Turned out - wouldn't you know it! - that the shopkeeper was colourblind. Always challenging conventions and people's perceptions, Brookie.

2+1

Rod looked like Randall from Clerks.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.