Re: Yorkshire Dales

He got in from Ingleborough an hour ago.

'How was it?'
'Pretty good'
'How long did it take then?'
'About three hours. What's for tea?'

I reckon he needs drug testing. Far too much energy.

Site stalwart.

Just back from Middleham near Leyburn.
Took the grandson to that Forbidden Corner yesterday and stayed overnight in the digs next door.
Ace place,well worth a trip up,think we enjoyed it as much as he did.

Drove back down via Aysgarth and took in the Falls before heading home via Hawes and Ribblehead viaduct.

Stunning part of the world.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Took the grandson to that Forbidden Corner yesterday and stayed overnight in the digs next door.

Drove back down via Aysgarth and took in the Falls before heading home via Hawes and Ribblehead viaduct.

You could have called at ours for a coffee

Little Billy Bremner wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

You could have called at ours for a coffee

lol

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

We did something similar - Forbidden Corner and Aysgarth in the day

FC very good,  as you say,  good fun for adults as well as kids

Spent the first 15 mins thinking "what the f*ck have we done" and the next 2 hours having a right old giggle

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Off to Layburn today until Friday with mrs dragon an the old dog . Hope the weather picks up .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Bolton Abbey today. Great yomp up to the Valley of Desolation. Ace place for kids. Very chilled, so scenic.

Site stalwart.

white dragon wrote:

Off to Layburn today until Friday with mrs dragon an the old dog . Hope the weather picks up .

It certainly has.

Shit day at work but now sat in my garden in Redmire, in the sun, feet up, with a bottle of Old Peculier.

Little Billy Bremner wrote:
white dragon wrote:

It certainly has.

Shit day at work but now sat in my garden in Redmire, in the sun, feet up, with a bottle of Old Peculier.

Went through your place today, nice spot . On the way back from aysgarth falls .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Brimham Rocks again today. Good fun.

Site stalwart.

Lad did Whernside today, his third peak. Not done any yet.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Lad did Whernside today, his third peak. Not done any yet.

Good stuff.
Whernside is the better of the 3 IMO.

Decent day so imagine the views would have been spectacular.

Just booked a place for Easter - some of you might remember we make an annual thing of it

Booked a place in Crackpot (which is pretty ironic) which is between Gunnerside and Reeth

Best bit is that I saw it on HomeAway and went ahead to book.  As I went to type in my credit card number I noticed it said "payment will be made to cottages.com" which piqued my interest

Quick look on cottages.com and it was £91 cheaper - no HomeAway 'assistance fee' to pay

You can have that for free Reg  big_smile

Last edited by Ray Hankin's shorts (Tue 28 Nov 2017 4:47 pm)

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.