Topic: Hockey

Not the best fight ever, but considering Sydney Crosby is the equivalent of a Yohann Gourcouff and the golden boy of canadian hockey its great viewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhChpdqdRWY

Cuts has far better knowledge of this and who the good enforcers/ scrappers are

Take off hosers ...

Re: Hockey

The Hansons.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

The Hansons.

"Those guys are fucking disgrace!"

"YEAH!" big_smile:D:lol:

Oof Marone!

Cosby gets away with murder. We've got Boogard at the minute but I'm a big fan of Colton Orr.

Human kindness is overflowing

The whole Philly team still band a bit. Only club to really keep their identity. If you get a chance catch HBO's documentary  The Broad Street Bullies.

Do they put anything on at the old Maple Leaf Gardens, it looked all boarded up the other year. Shame, it was a beautiful place.

The New York Iron League.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Cutsyke wrote:

The whole Philly team still band a bit. Only club to really keep their identity. If you get a chance catch HBO's documentary  The Broad Street Bullies.

Do they put anything on at the old Maple Leaf Gardens, it looked all boarded up the other year. Shame, it was a beautiful place.

not guilty

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc … nhl-288290

mate, you probably no more about Toronto than i do. no idea where the old Maple Leaf Gardens are but I suspect they're close to me.
got round to visiting the Hall of Fame eventually, really enjoyed it. thats whats missing in Toronto, history...

thanks for the tip, it will help next time Im at at family do ... Mrs YP/TT's cousin plays for Munich, ex NHL couple of games

Take off hosers ...

uppercut wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

The Hansons.

"Those guys are fucking disgrace!"

"YEAH!" big_smile:D:lol:

Reggie Dunlop: What are you guys doing?
Steve Hanson: Puttin' on the foil!
Jeff Hanson: Every game!
Jack Hanson: Yeah, you want some?
Reggie Dunlop:  Jesus Christ, those guys don't leave the bench!

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Cutsyke wrote:

A supermarket chain bought it for development but some of it is still going to be kept for sports to be used by one of the universities. Some ice skating TV show was filmed there recently with ex-hockey stars. Battle of The Blades I think it was called...

‘I held Suzannah’s hand and told her, “I have to save Leeds United”

I had a pint over the road the last time I was up there in that plastic Irish bar. Seems a shame to leave all that history behind.

Well in Sid.

Pride of Nova Scotia.

NNC - did you see that Keiths are moving some of their production into Ontario. regional outcry, 39 job losses yikes

Take off hosers ...

That's a diabolical liberty.   You bleedin Ontarians are all the same wink

I'm trying to wangle a trip back to NS next year once this merger goes through.  I'll  need to schedule a stop off in Toronto along the way.

fuck hockey, the Iron bowl - Auburn at Bama college football is where its at

no fighting at 'football' - its shit

Take off hosers ...

Rangers playing fucking Florida. Only ice in Florida is in a fucking drink. Not right is it?

Was briefly infatuated with hockey when I first moved over here but not too bothered these days; the novelty has worn off - not just because the Leafs are crap - that's the norm! My lad has played since he was 5 (now 9) and I enjoy his games once a week (house league) but that's about it...

‘I held Suzannah’s hand and told her, “I have to save Leeds United”

Sorry for my ignorance - can someone just quickly point out a few things as I know nothing about Hockey;

1. Why did they start knocking the shit out of each other?
2. Whats the point of it in the game?
3. Why is it allowed?

Great video, just wondering what it all means.

LUFC442, it's the only sport I've really taken to since moving over. The Leafs and Rangers are pretty much neck and neck in the let's see just how crap we can be stakes aren't they? I went to six games with Gretzky playing for the Rangers before I saw him on a winning side - 1-0 over Carolina. That must be some kind of record. How hard is it to get tickets for Leaf's games? Pretty expensive aren't they also? Do you still get up for a Leafs Habs game or has that worn off too?

LL No idea when it started, think it's always been there. The point, some say to give your team a lift when they are been out played and the obvious one is to protect your star players from the goons on the other team you need a goon or two yourself. Why is it allowed? It puts bums on seats. One of the human race's great failings, a lot of us like seeing two guys, or more, knock seven bells out of each other.

Cuts, great result last night. Im going to have to google to find out where Florida play, as odd as the Coyotes in Phoenix ...

LUFC442, the lack of real football coverage here, the dire level of the MLS and the fact that the mob over the road play in red ... hockey seems to be the Canadian equivalent to football. Toronto seem to be bad at everything lol

LL - no idea mate, but its entertaining. Cuts is infinitely more knowledgeable on hockey, pure novice me.

Take off hosers ...

Ok. Got you. But they must have built rules around it other wise the refs would have got involved earlier right?

So you can hit anyone at any point? Can anyone else join in - seemed to me everyone else just watched until it was over?

Loose Lips wrote:

Ok. Got you. But they must have built rules around it other wise the refs would have got involved earlier right?

So you can hit anyone at any point? Can anyone else join in - seemed to me everyone else just watched until it was over?

I'm only a very occasional viewer, but I assumed that it was simply accepted as being ""part of the game", like in rugby.

As Bill McLaren might have described the situation, "A little bit of argy-bargy there", as two 20 stone blokes start hammering shit out of each other.

Its not the same without Dickie Davis introducing it and the wrestling after.

See Gore that's how I got into it. Me and the old man when the ITV seven got rained off. USSR v Canada. I thought it was great before I came out here and was desperate to go to see games. They fuck it up with TV time outs and shite for adds and that but the game itself, though, diluted talent wise due to over expansion, is still good.
Florida Panthers play in Sunrise, just outside Fort Lauderdale. They played the Reggie Dunlop market to spectacular failure. Retirees from NY only show up when they play the Rangers. Brother inlaw has gotten tickets for $10s in the past. Just about buy you a warm beer in Madison Square Garden.

Line in an MC Serch song, Back to the Grill 'Got crazy game, so no one can stop me, but, hey yo, I'm white, I guess my game is hockey' wink

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...