Topic: Grow Your Own

Been watching a bit of River Cottage and started thinking I might have a go at growing a few vegetables in the garden.
Anyone out there had any experience of this, or have any advice?

Being a bit green (!) about all of this, I am especially interested in knowing what are the easiest things to grow - and what will bring the quickest results.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

People say I'm bonkers - just because I've been sectioned under the Mental Health Act of 1983
http://www.feltham-made-me.com

Re: Grow Your Own

Postman Not Letterbox wrote:

Been watching a bit of River Cottage and started thinking I might have a go at growing a few vegetables in the garden.

Being a bit green (!) about all of this, I am especially interested in knowing what are the easiest things to grow - and what will bring the quickest results.

Wait for HeyHo - he has an allotment and has been doing it a few years. He'll sort you out.

Depends what your soil is like.

Eating tofu and hating it.

http://www.grow-our-own.co.uk/

Also....  you might want to think about growing your own herbs - this can be done in pots or tubs.  Then use them in your cooking.  This has one big advantage.  People who grow their own vegetables are not seen as sexy and interesting, but if you grow your own herbs and cook with them then it's actually a good skirt loosener.

Postman Not Letterbox wrote:

I'll pm you

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

The Priory of Soil?

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

spacecadetdave wrote:

Also....  you might want to think about growing your own herbs - this can be done in pots or tubs.  Then use them in your cooking.  This has one big advantage.  People who grow their own vegetables are not seen as sexy and interesting, but if you grow your own herbs and cook with them then it's actually a good skirt loosener.

Much in line with my learning to cook in my early twenties. I worked out that if I was cooking for them they were generally going to be at my place so the deal would be half closed to begin with.  big_smile

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push