Re: Graphic Novels

fulmine wrote:
albert herbert hawkins wrote:
fulmine wrote:

Dylan Dog.

Now that's a blast from the past. My partner in crime at Film School in Leeds put on the Dylan Dog Horror Film Festival in Milan in the early nineties. Mrs AHH used to read the comics to improve her Italian when were first together and she was living in Milan in the late nineties.

Were are you Fulmine? Verona?

Was in Florence, am back in London at the moment (work)... that's so funny, I used to do exactly the same thing as Mrs AHH. Actually a really good way to pick up a language (and some archaic swear words). Apparently they're making a Hollywood film version, which sounds a bit depressing. Wasn't the character based on Rupert Everett?!

Not sure on Everett, my mate who put on the film festivals died in 2001, he'd have known. I'll ask mrs AHH, but I'll be duly amazed if she knows, she's shite at trivia. She's back from NYK tomorrow night.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

fulmine wrote:

Now that's a blast from the past. My partner in crime at Film School in Leeds put on the Dylan Dog Horror Film Festival in Milan in the early nineties. Mrs AHH used to read the comics to improve her Italian when were first together and she was living in Milan in the late nineties.

Were are you Fulmine? Verona?

Was in Florence, am back in London at the moment (work)... that's so funny, I used to do exactly the same thing as Mrs AHH. Actually a really good way to pick up a language (and some archaic swear words). Apparently they're making a Hollywood film version, which sounds a bit depressing. Wasn't the character based on Rupert Everett?!

Not sure on Everett, my mate who put on the film festivals died in 2001, he'd have known. I'll ask mrs AHH, but I'll be duly amazed if she knows, she's shite at trivia. She's back from NYK tomorrow night.

Thanks - could be completely wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere. Certainly looks a bit like him, thinking about it. I always used to pick up copies of the books at the airport, have to buy some again next time I'm over.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

fulmine wrote:
fulmine wrote:

Thanks - could be completely wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere. Certainly looks a bit like him, thinking about it. I always used to pick up copies of the books at the airport, have to buy some again next time I'm over.

There's half a fucking barn full of them at my father in laws in Shropshire. Mr's AHH grew up with outbuildings. She's never got used living in two bed apartments and throwing stuff away. roll We have to repatriate stuff to the family estate periodically.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push