Topic: The Millenium Trilogy - Stieg Larsson

Otherwise known as The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, Playing with Fire whilst Kicking a Hornets Nest.

The books cover the tale of a girl who is the victim of a  bent clique of  senior security blokes who are running their own organisation with the apparatus of the sweddish security services. A few parts  in it which are hard to swallow, but overrall a good read

Re: The Millenium Trilogy - Stieg Larsson

Good films too. It's a yes from sunny Cheshire.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Good films too. It's a yes from sunny Cheshire.

You've forgotten the golden rule. People who live in Cheshire always name the pseudo exclusive town/village/hamlet in which they live.

For instance on tv/radio Mr X will introduce himself as Mr X from Wilmslow etc

If he said he was  Mr X from Cheshire, everyone would know that he was from Warrington, Winsford or Runcorn and trying to create the illusion that somehow his drive had enough room for two Porshes with personalised number plates!

Very entertaining films though

It's a yes from cloudy Winsford...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Just finished the second book. Cracking read. Will watch the film and then buy the third book.

No doubt Hollwood will be remaking the films for people who can't read subtitles.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Two R's wrote:

No doubt Hollwood will be remaking the films for people who can't read subtitles.

Carey Mulligan earmarked for the Lisbeth role that Noomi Rapace has made impossible for anyone to follow

"... as I was only saying to Duncan Revie on the phone the other night, it all ultimately hinges around the price structure of chicken and mushroom pie, chips and gravy in a tray as to whether Ken Bates will consider selling ..." - anonymous

Read the first one and was disappointed. The hype led me to expect something special, and it was just like any other thriller. Good. But not that good. Haven't bothered with the other two or the fillums.

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

Got the first one on audio,eighteen cd's,brilliant.

76 Goals

That  Noomi Rapace is something else