Re: BBQ

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Am I imagining this or was there more than 1 page to this thread?  Or is there just another one???

Am looking to do a bbq for the little 'uns 1st birthday this weekend

http://www.onemickjones.com/forum/viewt … p?id=13246

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Mol wrote:

One page.

If you want people to come and drink your beer I'm free on Sunday.  big_smile

You're more than welcome Mol - trains to Twickenham go from Waterloo - main line,  none of your East shite....

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

For those of you with a need when travelling round the US... this man is sorted

http://heavenisabuffet.wordpress.com/

just bought one of these it arrives on saturday http://www.bbqworld.co.uk/bbqworld/prod … me=toscana

will it stop raining ?

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

hendersonjones wrote:

just bought one of these it arrives on saturday http://www.bbqworld.co.uk/bbqworld/prod … me=toscana

will it stop raining ?

I'd keep that copper covered up H

A month of rain to fall as more floods expected
Up to a month of rain could fall on Friday and Saturday across the North, Midlands and South East threatening to cause more widespread floods.

The rain will start today (Thursday) across northern England with a severe weather warning from the south of Scotland down to Norfolk. Potentially there could be up 30mm (1.2 inches) in two hours during the outbursts of rain.
The worst rain will sweep across northern and central England on Friday with downpours in East Anglia as far south as London. The deluge could affect the men's semi-finals at Wimbledon which are scheduled to take place on Friday. There could also be heavy rain in the South West.
The Met Office said up to 100mm (3.9 inches) of rain could fall on Friday during the downpours. The average UK rainfall for July is just 69.9mm (2.8 inches).

gorefidel wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

will it stop raining ?

Up to a month of rain could fall on Friday and Saturday across the North, Midlands and South East threatening to cause more widespread floods.

The rain will start today (Thursday) across northern England with a severe weather warning from the south of Scotland down to Norfolk. Potentially there could be up 30mm (1.2 inches) in two hours during the outbursts of rain.
The worst rain will sweep across northern and central England on Friday with downpours in East Anglia as far south as London. The deluge could affect the men's semi-finals at Wimbledon which are scheduled to take place on Friday. There could also be heavy rain in the South West.
The Met Office said up to 100mm (3.9 inches) of rain could fall on Friday during the downpours. The average UK rainfall for July is just 69.9mm (2.8 inches).

the one im getting has,nt the copper front its all precast , used them on holidays in portugal there great very efficent and look the part .
worked hard over the last few weeks inc weekends/bank holidays so i thought id treat myself

Mol wrote:

dobber

hendersonjones wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

will it stop raining ?

the one im getting has,nt the copper front its all precast , used them on holidays in portugal there great very efficent and look the part .
worked hard over the last few weeks inc weekends/bank holidays so i thought id treat myself

I've seen them, they work really well. Has your's got the pizza shelf thingy?

gorefidel wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

no not that rich , but we have a pizza stone that we could place over the grill ?

hendersonjones wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

no not that rich , but we have a pizza stone that we could place over the grill ?

Yeah, same thing.  Not that I am an expert. We got a gas one, can't arsed with all the wood and charcoal.

Great for grilling meat. Not great for slow roast.

hendersonjones wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

Top tip: Substitute that pizza stone for a piece of stone or a lump of old paving slab. Cheaper and readily available in your local thoroughfare.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Top tip: Substitute that pizza stone for a piece of stone or a lump of old paving slab. Cheaper and readily available in your local thoroughfare.

Or alternatively just phone Dominos up...no fuss...my kind of barbecue!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

old yeadonian wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

We're talking about Pizza. When did Dominos start doing Pizza then?

worked hard over the last few weeks inc weekends/bank holidays

It had to happen sooner or later pal.

http://realmansbbq.wordpress.com/

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

gorefidel wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:

Fuck me its only glorified cheese on toast,even Dominos manage that.......just!!

You just like putting your apron on and playing the Ramsey bit in front of the barbie,admit it! lol

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Brilliant

old yeadonian wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

Fuck me its only glorified cheese on toast,even Dominos manage that.......just!!

You just like putting your apron on and playing the Ramsey bit in front of the barbie,admit it! lol

big_smile got me. As long as I don;t have to do the washing up

Possibly last weekend of Barbecuing this weekend. I will be getting a leg of lamb butterflied by the butcher. Will trim all the fat and sinew off cut into sizeable but cookable pieces, marinade in romsemery, garlic, salt, pepper and a touch of chilli flakes for 24hrs.

Stick on the grill and cook to how you like it. Me a little pink. Take it off and slice, plate up and eat with pitta breads, home made chilli sauce, slaw and some cold beers.

Hot or cold?

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Mol wrote:

Hot or cold?

Good God man! He's just returned. Don't start another schism!

I don't see people who eat lamb hot or cold. I just see people. Who eat lamb.

gorefidel wrote:

For those of you with a need when travelling round the US... this man is sorted

http://heavenisabuffet.wordpress.com/

What an ace site. Like his acerbic writing:

it's as if an interior designer from Manhattan had spent a week or a month in the Mississippi Delta and couldn’t shake the memory.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Agreed, this review from Madison, Wisconsin brought back good memories
http://heavenisabuffet.wordpress.com/20 … /#more-258 

Dotty Dumpling's Dowry - superb burgers, fried cheese curds (a Wisco specialty), well-fed college girls, ice-cold beers in a frosty mug straight from the freezer - and all you can drink for free on your birthday. Happy days...

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

placidcasual wrote:

Possibly last weekend of Barbecuing this weekend. I will be getting a leg of lamb butterflied by the butcher. Will trim all the fat and sinew off cut into sizeable but cookable pieces, marinade in romsemery, garlic, salt, pepper and a touch of chilli flakes for 24hrs.

Stick on the grill and cook to how you like it. Me a little pink. Take it off and slice, plate up and eat with pitta breads, home made chilli sauce, slaw and some cold beers.

I'm back up this weekend and at a loose end............