Topic: Forest Green

When are you lot at Forest Green, been promising to go to a Wrexham game for ages and a Leeds ne'erdowell who ended up doing very nicely owns FG so I fancy this one

listen up at the back

Re: Forest Green

Tursday 24th Jan at the New Lawn, 24th March at the Theatre of Dreams.. Their owner's into Eco-energy isn't he? They only have organic sausages on sale at the ground, no pies. He's pumping some bloody cash in as well, they could be in the mix up top. It's a bit annoying because Fleetwood get rubbish crowds but they're being bankrolled by another energy 'tycoon'. We might be skint but at least we've got a crowd and a history..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Decent crowds and history fortunately mean F all in our league cos Luton would shade it on crowds and top tier football once upon a time.

Thankfully we've got a fantastic set of supporters who own the club and seem to have inspired the team to the top of our league, we don't have Fleetwoods money but our passion is built on the history of our club.  It's this ingrained feeling of belonging, and now owning our club that can overcome the likes of the Fleetwoods and Crawleys of last year.

Time to step up to the mark and make our club work.

Work away most weekdays, if I happen to be 30 miles radius of FG on the night I'll deffo have an organic sausage butty on the 24th.

“A little dab'll do ya.”  Brylcreem getting in to the 21st century.

That's what annoys me about the Forest Greens, Fleetwoods and Crawleys of this world, they've always been non-league for a reason. Low crowds, little local interest. All the non-league clubs with decent history, support and infrastructure have now been promoted, only the football league clubs in exile and these nouveau riche playthings remain. I hope all the proper ex-FL clubs get back in, dominating the Conf for the next few seasons. Starting with us this season natch.

Plenty of passion on display at Griffin Park today.

Any United away please Santa.

Did you go? Good day out?

Fantastic day out despite nursing a 3 bottles of wine hangover.

Glad we had a driver and didn't go on the Shreds bus that was trashed by a puky, poo-ie, pissed up prat who managed to soil the bus after 3 cans of lager.

We got there without incident and after a couple of beers to wash the hangover away it was in to the ground with roughly 700 odd other Wrexham fans. 

I was suprised at how poor Brentford were in the first half, we played them off the park, Fowler was sublime in the middle and we deservedly went in 1-0 up at half time after another Jamie Tolley thunderbolt.

Brentford rallied in the second half, we started playing a little too deep for my liking but Brentford were still looking like the lower league side, anxious last 4 mins of added time but we kept our heads and rightfully go in to the pot for round 3.

We played with passion, style and determination.  Thoroughly prfessional job well done.

More detail about the pooey, puky prat please tongue

Great result for you boys, hope you get a big bastard Prem club at your place next.  And beat them too.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Big prem away=more money.

Probably get a shite non league team like Crawley or Stevenage away.

Going to Brighton then?

Yep 41.50GBP booked in advance on Trainline.  Saving of around 135GBP.

Booked the the train before the date and time of the game had been announced, found out after we'd booked that S4C wanted it for 18:00 on the Sunday but Brighton thankfully knocked them back.

Stayed in Brighton many moons ago after one of our games and it was gash, couldn't get in most bars and the ones we could get in were fuity to say the least so we're heading back to 'that there' and stopping the night.  Did the 'Quadrophenia' rounds and even found the alley where Leslie Ash (Steph) got rucked by Jimmy during the riot, loads of graffitti and used jonnies are my only recollection of it.

Probably get stuffed but looking forward to the Amex Stadium.

I think I'm going to go via London, stay Friday night then head back afterwards on Saturday.

ObL69 wrote:

I think I'm going to go via London, stay Friday night then head back afterwards on Saturday.

'Pleasure!!!' or work?

If you've got a day off we'll catch up with you for a beer en route to the Amex.

Day off mate, not much work around for us mob on 3rd round day.. Scheduled for a hernia op for a few days before so I'll be the bandy legged bloke walking into the pub.

Last time I was in Brighton there seemed to be more than the average quota of bandy legged blokes shuffling around the streets.

Will look out for you at Victoria, better chance of spotting you there.

Jones the Steamed wrote:

Last time I was in Brighton there seemed to be more than the average quota of bandy legged blokes shuffling around the streets.

Will look out for you at Victoria, better chance of spotting you there.

Ha ha, good weekend that. Remember being in the Lesley Ash alley way with a certain Mr Parry who was thinking rather rude things i can tell you, also a certain person disgusted with the amount of pink wearing boys around

Hey Pat, can you have a word with that ex-Leeds lad who bankrolls Forest Green.. Can you ask him what the bleeding point of his investment is? They keep signing players and yet they keep getting gates of under a thousand. I don't think it's a viable, sustainable project long term, so not exactly the model for an Eco-entrepreneur?

And they were beaten at The Racecourse today, having two players sent off in the process... then their bus broke down on the way home. I love my fans' owned club.