Topic: Wrexham v Telford

Went along , few mates with season tickets were away for NYE , so picked up a freebie, saving £20.
Scrappy first half , but Wrexham went in 2 up at h/t. 2nd half Wrexham dictated all , played some nice football .
All 4 of  the goals were well worked, restricted Telford to 1 deflected shot on target.
No kidding Wrexham's defense are better than ours , organised and shapped.
Telford fans 200 ish had a chant at Speed  [scum].
Couple of things might hinder Wrexham's promotion , if they loose players to league clubs in this window and the pitch was shocking , lot of times players lost their footing.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Re: Wrexham v Telford

Pitch is a bug problem, Glyndwr got to spend some money on that.. Come back soon, more fun than watching Leeds surely?

Formica is a nice bit of wood

You'll probably have some knowledge on the type of team BHA will field next Saturday but sure I heard yesterday that they  may be using a few of their youngsters, if true then I think we will have a real chance of at least snaffling a draw.  The pitch at Brentford certainly worked in our favour and Falmer/Amex should do much the same.

Get in to Euston for 9.00 on Saturday so will be available for early refreshments from 9.30 onwards if you fancy catching up with Scoot, myself and a few more reds.

“A little dab'll do ya.”  Brylcreem getting in to the 21st century.

Hoping to be in town some way in advance of Saturday..

Should be a love-in(appropriately)because Brighton fans were very supportive of Wrexham at the time when we were trying to get Hamilton out the club. They helped organised really succesful Fans United day at the Racecourse. You used to be able to Wrexham/Brighton scarves and badges... So, as long as the youth behave,it should be a really good atmosphere.

Last edited by ObL69 (Tue 03 Jan 2012 8:22 am)

ObL69 wrote:

Should be a love-in(appropriately)because Brighton fans were very supportive of Wrexham at the time when we were trying to get Hamilton out the club. They helped organised really succesful Fans United day at the Racecourse. You used to be able to Wrexham/Brighton scarves and badges... So, as long as the youth behave,it should be a really good atmosphere.

One of the things I always remember from my early football days was fans from struggling clubs at assorted grounds with collection plates trying to raise the final thousands to secure safety.

There always seemed to be a bit of empathy between supporters of rival clubs in a there but for the grace of god style!

However in my bitter Leeds United fan style I only remember that fans of the wider football community seemed to be desperate for us to go under in 2007!

In a moment of weakness however its good to see Brighton and Wrexham fighting back from dismal times.

Following advice and getting train to Lewes, then use my voucher for the trip to Falmer.. We've sold 2000 tickets which is pretty impressive..