Topic: Brighton v Wrexham

One of the better days... Right up there to be fair.
Great day out, loads of travelling, cost a small fortune but well worth it.
The away end was a joyous place to be, over 2000 Wrexham fans, many of them clearly having been on the bevvy since leaving North Wales at 6 o clock this morning. But it was happy.
It started well with a cracking chicken and ham pie and a pint of Harveys Pre-match, then the team played exceptionally well, got an equaliser at our end and prompted frenzied celebs and a brilliant pissed pitch invasion by a bloke in a diamond Pringle crew neck.
After that we could have won it but a draw's fine, replay money plus possible TV coverage will do the club a world of good.
I even managed to catch the 1930 Leeds train and now I'm heading to the bar for beers...

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Re: Brighton v Wrexham

Sounds like a perfect day OBL - I always enjoyed my visits to Brighton - even for the football.

How did Brighton look?  Full team out or reserves?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

ObL69 wrote:

One of the better days... Right up there to be fair.
Great day out, loads of travelling, cost a small fortune but well worth it.
The away end was a joyous place to be, over 2000 Wrexham fans, many of them clearly having been on the bevvy since leaving North Wales at 6 o clock this morning. But it was happy.
It started well with a cracking chicken and ham pie and a pint of Harveys Pre-match, then the team played exceptionally well, got an equaliser at our end and prompted frenzied celebs and a brilliant pissed pitch invasion by a bloke in a diamond Pringle crew neck.
After that we could have won it but a draw's fine, replay money plus possible TV coverage will do the club a world of good.
I even managed to catch the 1930 Leeds train and now I'm heading to the bar for beers...

How was the mega bus?

Megabus idea got biffed, did the train instead..

Brighton was very good-stadium's decent, infrastructure is tricky cos you can't drive there but they organise things very well, really good stewarding. Their fans are a good bunch as well.

Poyet put out a few kids for some reason, they had three lads making their debut. They looked ordinary at best, although lualua going off was a key moment. Mackail-smith never got off the bench which was a bit odd given that I can't believe they wanted a replay.

Great effort by your boys today OBL
Fans were fantastic - including the pissed up pitch invader
Brighton did their usual over-playing fancy passing Arse routine - they look like a team of Butch Wilkins's at times - I'm not sure Gus fancied a midweek trip to the Racecourse - amazed he didn't pop CMS on
Your manager played well and the boy Speight looked lively in parts
My first visit to the Amex - nice stadium and reasonable atmosphere

Strachan was praising the quality of both teams, especially Wrexham.  Highlights did look good, well done big_smile

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Today is a good day to be a Wrexham fan, fantastic performance and exceptional support for a non league side.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea … Take-a-Bow

Bumbled in to Millwalls mob on Liverpool Street station and in the Hamilton Hall pub on the corner after dropping our bags off, they were the meanest looking bunch of pensioners and youth I've ever seen.  Bizzare to see 60 odd year olds dressed in pretty much the same way as the 17 year olds who were with them.

Floppy flat caps seemed to be de riguer.

Millwall thankfully shot off not long after we'd got there to travel east for a meet with West Ham somewhere in the Dagenham area. 

Got on our way to Brighton and everything seems like a blur after that, couple of pre match pints then in to the ground with a fandabidozy atmosphere ahead of kick off.

A weakened Brighton side allowed us to take the game to them instead of 'grinding' out a result, we thoroughly deserved a draw and a win could not be argued about.

Back to London for a few pints, a curry on Brick Lane, drunken meander back to the hotel and a bleary eyed journey home this morning.

If Carlsberg did football days...................

We'll win the replay and get Manure away.

“A little dab'll do ya.”  Brylcreem getting in to the 21st century.

Or Newcastle at home... smilesmile

Last edited by ObL69 (Sun 08 Jan 2012 8:03 pm)

Jones the Steamed wrote:

Today is a good day to be a Wrexham fan, fantastic performance and exceptional support for a non league side.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea … Take-a-Bow

Bumbled in to Millwalls mob on Liverpool Street station and in the Hamilton Hall pub on the corner after dropping our bags off, they were the meanest looking bunch of pensioners and youth I've ever seen.  Bizzare to see 60 odd year olds dressed in pretty much the same way as the 17 year olds who were with them.

Floppy flat caps seemed to be de riguer.

Millwall thankfully shot off not long after we'd got there to travel east for a meet with West Ham somewhere in the Dagenham area. 

Got on our way to Brighton and everything seems like a blur after that, couple of pre match pints then in to the ground with a fandabidozy atmosphere ahead of kick off.

A weakened Brighton side allowed us to take the game to them instead of 'grinding' out a result, we thoroughly deserved a draw and a win could not be argued about.

Back to London for a few pints, a curry on Brick Lane, drunken meander back to the hotel and a bleary eyed journey home this morning.

If Carlsberg did football days...................

We'll win the replay and get Manure away.

Did you manage to find the late night Chinese restaurant Karaoke on Artillery Row? You know its been good/bad night when you're chucked out of there.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 08 Jan 2012 8:47 pm)

With ref to Millwall's meet, it all kicked off in Barking, they invaded a West Ham pub and took pics or some such.. I know this because there's a link to it via the thread on the SC board elsewhere..

With ref to Wrexham fans... I was encouraged to see a really healthy mix of ages, lots of younger people.
I was talking with a Leeds fan the day before about Watford away, he said the away end was all middle aged blokes. I think Leeds will have a big problem with this in future, the supply line's been blocked.

All bald heads and no babies.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Nice article about the current cup run and the supporters trust on the the Guardian website.

Great that, David Conn's always beaten the drum for Wrexham..

On Brighton, the kid Forster-Caskey (yes both names footy related his Wiki page is going to be good when he makes it) is pure class after only 2 games.

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

He looked decent. The Forster's from Nicky Forster, his step-Dad, but surely the Caskey isn't from Darren Caskey is it?

ObL69 wrote:

He looked decent. The Forster's from Nicky Forster, his step-Dad, but surely the Caskey isn't from Darren Caskey is it?

According to a Brighton season ticket holder in my street it is......

Oh and this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Caskey

Last edited by Big Society (Wed 11 Jan 2012 2:21 pm)

Blimey, so Darren was his Dad, now Nicky Forster's his step-dad, there's got to be a tale to tell there, hasn't there? I'm off to check if they ever played for the same team.

ObL69 wrote:

Blimey, so Darren was his Dad, now Nicky Forster's his step-dad, there's got to be a tale to tell there, hasn't there? I'm off to check if they ever played for the same team.

Tag team.

To stand aside is to take sides.

They played for Reading.. Same time..

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/Foot … story.html This story suggests he took her off Caskey after she had 3 kids, which also suggests she must have been something special....