Re: What are you wearing today?

Sounds like OBL's come as Eddie Shoestring.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

No moustache..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

ObL69 wrote:

No moustache..

Just roll back to this 'rust coloured tie'?

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

ObL69 wrote:

Rocking a Ralph Lauren blazer(leather elbow patches and cuff trim so it might be more of a Tyrolean style), white shirt, rust coloured tie, Uniqlo straight leg dark denims and brogue boots... So, top half smart, bottom half casual.

Is this going on TV?  I will tune in especially.  Can you fashion some kind of hand movement so we can see the cuffs?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Travis Bickle wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

Wig, gown, collar and bands. All Ede and Ravenscroft.

Oh and a suit underneath of course. And some shoes.

Same.

Same. Spice of life and all that.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: What are you wearing today?

Travis... different white t-shirt, same jeans, same jacket ... changed the colour of my socks and put some bright orange TRX on. Same old ...

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

I was going to say that ties and cufflinks are about as varied as it gets but I end up wearing the same pair of the latter almost every day and despite having a wardrobe full, only ever wear one of about 5 ties.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: What are you wearing today?

Same is the new new then.....?

Brown Boss suit with a very faint stripe,  fine dog tooth Aquascutum shirt,  tie from someone called Alberto Vincelli (never heard of him but liked the tie!),  and brown Ecco shoes

Same outfit as ever - just different colours and makes!

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Overalls

I have to return some video tapes

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Same is the new new then.....?

Brown Boss suit with a very faint stripe,  fine dog tooth Aquascutum shirt,  tie from someone called Alberto Vincelli (never heard of him but liked the tie!),  and brown Ecco shoes

Same outfit as ever - just different colours and makes!

Tata or Cognizant.

Brown shoes with a suit. Never get that at Mckinsey. big_smile

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Cutsyke wrote:

Overalls

matching swarfega?

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

gorefidel wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Same is the new new then.....?

Brown Boss suit with a very faint stripe,  fine dog tooth Aquascutum shirt,  tie from someone called Alberto Vincelli (never heard of him but liked the tie!),  and brown Ecco shoes

Same outfit as ever - just different colours and makes!

Tata or Cognizant.

Brown shoes with a suit. Never get that at Mckinsey. big_smile

Tata - TCS.

Can't wear any other shoes with a brown suit imho.  Wouldn't feel right.  The IT boys I work with might do though - along with their baggy suits and 'taches......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Same is the new new then.....?

Brown Boss suit with a very faint stripe,  fine dog tooth Aquascutum shirt,  tie from someone called Alberto Vincelli (never heard of him but liked the tie!),  and brown Ecco shoes

Same outfit as ever - just different colours and makes!

Tata or Cognizant.

Brown shoes with a suit. Never get that at Mckinsey. big_smile

Tata - TCS.

Can't wear any other shoes with a brown suit imho.  Wouldn't feel right.  The IT boys I work with might do though - along with their baggy suits and 'taches......

I am still shocked at the brown suit. Blue, black or dark grey. Don't tell me you have a biege one as well or is it 'Indian cream'?

Boss or not, its knocked £300 off of your charge out day rate. big_smile

Last edited by gorefidel (Mon 19 Mar 2012 6:19 pm)

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

gorefidel wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Tata or Cognizant.

Brown shoes with a suit. Never get that at Mckinsey. big_smile

Tata - TCS.

Can't wear any other shoes with a brown suit imho.  Wouldn't feel right.  The IT boys I work with might do though - along with their baggy suits and 'taches......

I am still shocked at the brown suit. Blue, black or dark grey. Don't tell me you have a biege one as well or is it 'Indian cream'?

Boss or not, its knocked £300 off of your charge out day rate. big_smile

You need to see it......   smile

As for £300 off my day rate,  can't remember the last time I actually billed!!!!

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Tata - TCS.

Can't wear any other shoes with a brown suit imho.  Wouldn't feel right.  The IT boys I work with might do though - along with their baggy suits and 'taches......

I am still shocked at the brown suit. Blue, black or dark grey. Don't tell me you have a biege one as well or is it 'Indian cream'?

Boss or not, its knocked £300 off of your charge out day rate. big_smile

You need to see it......   smile

As for £300 off my day rate,  can't remember the last time I actually billed!!!!

yikes not 85% billing?? Whoa...you must be management.

As for seeing it, I once got bollocked for wearing a blue shirt (white only back then) although I had a nice dark grey suit. And when the shoeshine man came round (as he did weekly) - if you didn't have some decent English shoes (black) you'd get abuse off of him.

Brown shoes only with tweeds and on a Friday if you were off to the country for the weekend.

Times change, eh? big_smile

Last edited by gorefidel (Mon 19 Mar 2012 6:37 pm)

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Never brown shoes for us. Only fairly recently I've worn blue, gingham whatever, pupil master was a strict white shirts only man. To be fair they still look best with a decent tie. He was a hard man to train under at times but he was a dapper so and so!

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: What are you wearing today?

You didn't ask if they were dirty. Worked over night. Day crew blobbed. Sat with the gaffer drinking tea 'til 12. Home now, PJs, can't sleep. Back in tonight at 11.

I have to return some video tapes

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

The standard when I was in that there London was white shirts for bankers and patterned for insurance.  Brown suits or shoes were not seen.  When dress down came in it was just another uniform, chinos and pastel polo shirts.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Black Timberland Shackleton boots, Gap bootcut jeans, North Face base layer, adidas sweatshirt, Montane windproof smock, Belstaff Trialmaster, Buff Cyclone, Davida goggles (tinted), Davida 91 open face helmet, Alpinestars gloves. Scootering along the A59 today. Sunny, but cold as.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

whyIoughta wrote:

Black Timberland Shackleton boots, Gap bootcut jeans, North Face base layer, adidas sweatshirt, Montane windproof smock, Belstaff Trialmaster, Buff Cyclone, Davida goggles (tinted), Davida 91 open face helmet, Alpinestars gloves. Scootering along the A59 today. Sunny, but cold as.


Scootering ... up Everest ?

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Towel  - light blue.

I have to return some video tapes

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

I got as far as Skipton up in the mountains, but turned back on account of the non too friendly looking natives.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

whyIoughta wrote:

I got as far as Skipton up in the mountains, but turned back on account of the non too friendly looking natives.

I concur from personal experience.

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

whyIoughta wrote:

Black Timberland Shackleton boots, Gap bootcut jeans, North Face base layer, adidas sweatshirt, Montane windproof smock, Belstaff Trialmaster, Buff Cyclone, Davida goggles (tinted), Davida 91 open face helmet, Alpinestars gloves. Scootering along the A59 today. Sunny, but cold as.

Liking the Davida lid but I'm not a goggles man.  White lid with black peak?  What's your ride?

I like to rock a British Army Desert Smock, the same Gap bootcut jeans, Clarks Desert Boots and usually a polo shirt / crew neck combo underneath.  Helmet is a Black Lazer open faced thing, not what I'd prefer but it's pretty neutral.  Thornton gloves and a homemade snood when it's a bit a chilly on th old Gregory.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: What are you wearing today?

Toronto Ted wrote:
whyIoughta wrote:

I got as far as Skipton up in the mountains, but turned back on account of the non too friendly looking natives.

I concur from personal experience.

It's like South East of Methley and just beyond Wakey city centre to the South.  The accent changes and they all sound like Darren Gough, or me grandad.  Its all "tha nozz" and "sithee".

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share