Topic: Android Tablet v Ipad

I only want to surf the net  and watch live sports on a tablet, can anyone tell me why i should pay £400+ for a pad when i can get this http://www.ebellking.com/cube-u9gt2-android-tablet for £140

Cheers

Re: Android Tablet v Ipad

CBDS wrote:

I only want to surf the net  and watch live sports on a tablet, can anyone tell me why i should pay £400+ for a pad when i can get this http://www.ebellking.com/cube-u9gt2-android-tablet for £140

Cheers

Probably better as iPad dunt play flash.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

There is no sky mobile tv app for android, apart from selected phones or pads which is a shame.  I have the Asus Transformer Prime, and as nice as it is, and technically better than the ipad, until it gets the decent apps it will not compare. Thats the difference, but I think things will change sooner rather than later.

Grab some popcorn and prop your phone up against a book. Sky is preparing a release of Sky Go for selected Android devices running Ice Cream Sandwich – at last.
Using the Sky Go app to watch live and catch-up Sky TV on a mobile has until now been one of the main reasons to hold off on upgrading your Android device to Ice Cream Sandwich (the other being the tragically glacial pace of the ICS rollout.) Technical limitations meant that Sky could only offer the app to selected phones running Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) and Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich” users were left high and dry. Happily, that is about to change.

Sky Go is a streaming service for existing Sky TV customers that allows Sky content to be accessed from a PC, iPhone, iPad or selected Android device. Offering 40 channels plus archived content means that Sky has a lot of licences to juggle and it’s for this reason that it must restrict Sky Go to devices that support its DRM technology and haven’t been rooted or jailbroken, which could allow pirates to grab any of its treasures.

Sky still can’t roll the app out will nilly – it needs to restrict access to devices that allow HDMI output in order to comply with its licensing terms for the various shows, films and sporting events it broadcasts. Being on Android, the Sky Go app is also foxed by certain hardware and screen resolution configurations. What it can do, however, is allow the app on a select group of handsets, including the Samsung Galaxy Note (with an ICS update), Galaxy SII and Galaxy Nexus, with some more to come.

The updated app is now is testing on ICS devices and will reportedly launch in the next couple of weeks.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Ice cream sandwich? Bet some geeks had a right giggle thinking that name up. Cunts.

The missus loves her iPad. Now she's managed to work out how to use it.

Great build quality, simple to use and it just works. Its shite when it comes to office type stuff, but the alternatives are even worse.

Unless you want to fuck around with them, don't see any point in an alternative to be honest.

You can get iPad2 for about 250 quid now, and less for the originals..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

The usual rumours have resurfaced about smaller, cheaper versions coming out.  It certainly wouldn't have happened under Jobs and I can't see it happening now.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Two R's wrote:

The usual rumours have resurfaced about smaller, cheaper versions coming out.  It certainly wouldn't have happened under Jobs and I can't see it happening now.

Anything smaller than the current one is pointless.

Now a folding one that makes the current one bigger....

gorefidel wrote:

Great build quality, simple to use and

it just works.

Its shite when it comes to office type stuff, but the alternatives are even worse.

Unless you want to fuck around with them, don't see any point in an alternative to be honest.

Yuor buying in to this apple thing arn't you big_smile

Tonton Zola Moukoko wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

it just works.

Its shite when it comes to office type stuff, but the alternatives are even worse.

For tablets, yeah I think the iPad is by far the best given that the Android ones are similar price and aren't as well made.

Besides the Wife wanted one and I got a 16gb for £200 with a contract big_smile

But I'm not paying 3 times the prices for an Apple laptop when I don't need to, cos there's no real difference anymore. Other than the pose factor and I'm not paying £600 (or £1800, because the kids have PCs) for the privilege.

gorefidel wrote:
Two R's wrote:

Is a laptop innit?

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Mol wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
Two R's wrote:

Is a laptop innit?

Seems someone was reading...

Tonton Zola Moukoko wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

it just works.

Needed an ebook reader as I seem to have accumulated a few thousand ebooks.

Couldn't bring myself to buy an Ipad - not spending that much. So bought a Blackberry Playbook. £150.

It just works and it connect to my laptop so I can just copy stuff over.

Sound as.

Last edited by gorefidel (Thu 12 Jul 2012 3:01 pm)

gorefidel wrote:

Couldn't bring myself to buy an Ipad - not spending that much. So bought a Blackberry Playbook. £150.

Sound as.

I've had a few devices in for evaluation. prize for best operation goes to the ipad. Still the slickest. Android devices catching up but still a bit clunky regards operating them.

The Blackberry Playbook comes a close second to the ipad with regards to slickness of use. Biggest let downs for me when I was evaluating it for busness use is a) the name - playbook for gods sake. Not the best advert for a business 'toy'. And the biggest issue was lack of 3G - you have to link it to a Blackberry via Bluetooth bridge.

I've also had a few Windows devices in. Once a agin they come a poor second to the ipad.

But watch this space - with the launch of Windows 8 later this year Microsoft are desperate to get into the touch screen market so expect a load of devices coming on the market.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

The Kindle Fire is on it's way so i bet that will be alright for the basics.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Ipad is now (by law) cool.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 … pad-tablet

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

heyho wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Sound as.

I've had a few devices in for evaluation. prize for best operation goes to the ipad. Still the slickest. Android devices catching up but still a bit clunky regards operating them.

The Blackberry Playbook comes a close second to the ipad with regards to slickness of use. Biggest let downs for me when I was evaluating it for busness use is a) the name - playbook for gods sake. Not the best advert for a business 'toy'. And the biggest issue was lack of 3G - you have to link it to a Blackberry via Bluetooth bridge.

I've also had a few Windows devices in. Once a agin they come a poor second to the ipad.

But watch this space - with the launch of Windows 8 later this year Microsoft are desperate to get into the touch screen market so expect a load of devices coming on the market.

Not for a £150 they won't.

Also I have a Blackberry. Good thing about Blackberry's is when you travel, unlimited data is £15 a month.

So can run my PC and other stuff from the Blackberry. All for £15 a month.

In Spain last year, the Android phone burnt £160 of data in less than a week (just from twtter, RSS and other feeds.

Apple might be cool, but Blackberry is cheap and not that different. Love live fucking uncool

Last edited by gorefidel (Thu 12 Jul 2012 3:59 pm)

Same as why buy a Mac when certain desktops can do same or better for a third of the price.

Got rid of my mobile phone (don't want to talk to people anyway) got the Sony Tablet S and will never look back.

You can get this under 300 if you look around.

Totally Weird wrote:

Same as why buy a Mac when certain desktops can do same or better for a third of the price.

They don't.  There's no comparison. Windows is a massive bag of shit and the hideous junk that runs it is a shameful waste of time and money. I have to use the bloody things all day and they don't do anything better than a Mac. And I do just about everything you can think of on both. I can't believe people use Windows in their homes. And in front of their children.  It's a disgrace.

Opinion innit. I can't believe people would spend so much on hype and a nice cover.

They're all just commodities with designed obsolescence

BOSE for the wired generation.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Totally Weird wrote:

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS EH?

You like The Fall, you can't give opinions on fucking anything sonny jim. Get in that fucking corner with Foxy Dread and put your hand up if you want to speak.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Build quality. Mac/phone/pod/pad. Worth the extra coppers every time.

Last edited by joe.mescalero (Tue 09 Oct 2012 11:31 pm)

Skunk (sonicly speaking), if you really must have a drum solo !

Thanks Steve

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

ouija board

Skunk (sonicly speaking), if you really must have a drum solo !