Topic: Setting up a new business bank account

Soz, couldnt resist putting this in the Filth section.

I've got a tiny business account with Santander - started when it was Abbey - and it's barely current but I do need it.  It doesn't cost me anything unless I go overdrawn etc.

I'm wanting to open another business current account - and this will be pretty damned small too, I'm talking turnover will be only a few hundred £ if that.  It doesnt look like Santander offer free banking anymore so I'm wondering if there's any banks that do.  PayPal is sound for online transactions but there will probably be times when I need cheques.  Any ideas?  Like I say, it will be a piffling account, mainly to do with smalltime retail and selling/buying online.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Re: Setting up a new business bank account

*knocks one out*

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

serves me right lol

Please, no mentions of withdrawing or losing interest eh.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Or deposits...

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Filthy animal ya.

Think I've sussed it... no that's not right, I've sacked the idea and am thinking of creating a new PayPal account and using the above-mentioned existing Santander account. 

I rang Santander yesterday and was told by the lass that it would take 10 minutes to go through all the preliminaries.  I only wanted to know if I could use my existing account to help open a new one.  She was a proper Scouser too, so my financial alarm bells were ringing from the first 'khhhh' sound from her mouth lol

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Silly question, but why do you need a second account? You can invoice as one company name and have the payment details another - just put 'trading as' on the invoice.

It's two separate entities and the new one is selling from someone else's premises so I thought it best to start from scratch.  Plus it's a 50/50 share so I would have preferred a new and separate account.  not a silly question, more me not giving enough info!

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

It's two separate entities and the new one is selling from someone else's premises so I thought it best to start from scratch.  Plus it's a 50/50 share so I would have preferred a new and separate account.  not a silly question, more me not giving enough info!

fair enough. Co-op you can apply on line. http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servl … e/Business

They are really decent.

gorefidel wrote:
old codger wrote:

fair enough. Co-op you can apply on line. http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servl … e/Business

They are really decent.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates