Re: Red Star

The lad who chinned Stan Collymore in the Alliance for manhandling Ulrika-ka-ka-ka ... ended up kipping on our sofa for a couple of nights until we had to ask him to leave due to the stench of his feet.

Red Star sponsorship... you know what Paris is like end of July/August NNC, ghost town. My friend is apparently sorting something affordable out so that OMJ can be present for a game.
Mrs NNC told me you'll be there but unfortunately we'll be gone by the 8th. Seeing as its your big one this year you should come out for the Red Star sponsorship game. Will be either January or beginning March ? which could be tasty as it's the derby with Paris FC ...

Zerozero .... * breaks out in cold sweat *

Take off hosers ...

Merde, just lost their opening game of the new season, 4-0 (away at Frejus).

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Tonight?? Dammit, I'm just down the road in Port Grimaud. That would have been so incredibly typical, 'listen love I'm going to watch a French 3rd division game on the last night of our holiday..',(returns four hours later)'how did they get on...?'. 'Four nil! Four bloody nil!', she hands me the small bedside alarm clock...

Formica is a nice bit of wood

ObL69 wrote:

Tonight?? Dammit, I'm just down the road in Port Grimaud. That would have been so incredibly typical, 'listen love I'm going to watch a French 3rd division game on the last night of our holiday..',(returns four hours later)'how did they get on...?'. 'Four nil! Four bloody nil!', she hands me the small bedside alarm clock...

Ha, really? Yeah, took me by surprise. Apparently one or two of the games will be live on the net (via the club's website).

2+1

First home game of the season tonight, against Amiens.

2+1

Stayed there overnight in the caravan once. Had a jail that the RAF bombed to release Resistance prisoners, Mosquitos if I remember rightly. Let's hope Red Star can breach their defensive wall...

(you can see the rest of my detailed match preview on www.redstar.fr)

1-0 win.

There's a couple of strong teams in the league this year, namely Metz and Boulogne who were Ligue 1 about 2 years ago.

Take off hosers ...

talks are underway with the President

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1880197429/6010_103338954681_558079681_2259909_7670582_n.jpg

Take off hosers ...

I say.. (twirls moustache) ding dong!

I fancy a weekend in Paris if you sort this Ted.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Romain (Liam Gallagher) who you met at WYWH Paris is talking (ahem) to the club president... to see what we can do.

i think I'll be in Paris in march  for the weekend of the Paris derby ... Red Star v FC.

will keep everyone up to date

Take off hosers ...

Very  smart

http://www.redstar.fr/uploads/gallery_photos/thumbs/full/f647635800bc8498013e921c64aeaaab624918ff.jpg

2+1

Not sure if anyone's arsed but Red Star are sitting 4th in National, 4 points off third place and automatic promotion to Ligue 2.  Six games to go and side in third place, Gazelec Ajaccio, starting to wobble. Allez Red Star.

Not Now Cato wrote:

Not sure if anyone's arsed but Red Star are sitting 4th in National, 4 points off third place and automatic promotion to Ligue 2.  Six games to go and side in third place, Gazelec Ajaccio, starting to wobble. Allez Red Star.

Yeah, funnily enough I noticed that yesterday and was tempted to post something. Real big turn around for them this season. Allez!

2+1

BUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!

http://www.redstar.fr/video/top-but-sai … -2014.html

2+1

Not Now Cato wrote:

I am but even L'Equipe barely and rarely mentions them these days.
Nice

Take off hosers ...

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/france … on/r21660/

Strasbourg languishing and  Boulogne until recently L1 and cup finalists… the power of the FFF.

Take off hosers ...

I suspect it could get a bit er, vilain, but I've always fancied going to the Corsican derby.

2+1

Just go to any game in Corsica smile

Take off hosers ...

Yeah, that sounds like a plan!

2+1

There was bother at Ajaccio - Bastia this season inside the ground but with Ajaccio relegated it might be a while until they're in the same league again.  If you want a really tasty encounter try Nice vs Bastia or vice versa. It's a Major grudge match, I guess due to Nice being first port of call for most Corsican ferries. Check out youtube for numerous incidents on the mainland and Corsica.  Pwopah nawteee....

Pity Red Star blew the run in.  Would have been good to see them in L2.

I'm in Paris week after next and no France world cup games on while I'm there. pisser.....

I'm sure you'll sneak a pint in at the AA

Take off hosers ...

Bringing this thread back as a mate was asking about lower league dramatics a la Paris.

Any tips?

Good (Stoke friendly) boozers?

#DoTheDai \o/

Isn't that an oxymoron - good AND Stoke-friendly?

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?