Topic: Buyout

Be worried ...

MLSE (Maple Leaf sports) the people behind the Toronto Maple Leafs and more worryingly TFC ,0-9 this season, have agreed to take over the club for 60 quid, well $M ...

Take off hosers ...

Re: Buyout

Been down this road before. Seems like a perfect marriage

Well that was fun.

That the same team that haven't one the Stanley Cup for about 50 years?  They'll fit in well.  Nice stadium though.

Tonton Zola Moukoko wrote:

That the same team that haven't one the Stanley Cup for about 50 years?  They'll fit in well.  Nice stadium though.

'Scum' of hockey. richest, biggest following + crazy ticket prices.  Shite indeed

Take off hosers ...

Old Maple Leaf Gardens had a bit of character.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Sat 26 May 2012 1:41 am)

Well that was fun.

Toronto Ted wrote:

Be worried ...

MLSE (Maple Leaf sports) the people behind the Toronto Maple Leafs and more worryingly TFC ,0-9 this season, have agreed to take over the club for 60 quid, well $M ...

Yeah,lets hope Bates stays eh?

Can it get any worse?...doubt it!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Has there been an announcement or just rumour?

gorefidel wrote:

Has there been an announcement or just rumour?

I can't find anything official,although various sites are rife with it all.

The lad that phoned me a couple of weeks back (works in finance in Leeds) mentioned Pearson and a Canadian bunch.
Then again he's said similar before.

Like I said...another pricktease probably!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Well if close it would be the least bad - I had visions of Bates selling out so someone crooked who'd just carry on the milking or a Venky's type nightmare.

Without living up to my strapline what TT is mentioning might be about 2 months slightly out of date and the Canadian connection to that possible takeover was as likely as not for cover......as some will have noticed other web based mediums have moved the geography to the middle east for this weeks rumoured possibility.

As Gore has indicated OMJ passem (and other rumours circultating) others have/may have made it to checking books stage (due dilligance light) and run a mile.....or have been told the price has shot up.....either of these possibilities will still be in play regardless of whether the new wannabee owners are Canadian, Middle Eastern or from Adel.

I always take the adage that if you keep true to TOMA you will only be wrong once and you won't care because Bates is gone.....

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

Its the silly season again,so I prefer to deal with what we do know...and that seems to be the fact that we can't even afford the 400k for Ward!!

We're doomed....I say,we're fucking doomed!!

old yeadonian wrote:

Its the silly season again,so I prefer to deal with what we do know...and that seems to be the fact that we can't even afford the 400k for Ward!!

At least its not dull.

gorefidel wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

At least its not dull.

Yep..wait till the proper fun starts,when we let Snodgrass,McCormack and White go for peanuts!!

Panto season again!

old yeadonian wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

At least its not dull.

Yep..wait till the proper fun starts,when we let Snodgrass,McCormack and White go for peanuts!!

Panto season again!

Whatever the rumours and whether anything comes out of it - someone discussing a bid would fit the standstill on sales and buys and why Colin is saying nowt.

Which could be why the rumours started in the first place... lol

There was a story going about at the last game of the season that a group of Canadians were present!

The other bit of the story was that Ken had fired them off and everyone was sulking!

As unsuccessful as The Maple Leafs are they do spend a lot of money on that team. Play under a salary cap but ticket prices are insane, I think the dearest in the whole league.

So who else gets to chose the strap line then?

Well that was fun.

Wanted to go see them against the Canucks. Over $200 not to be sat half way up Everest. The Marlies are $10 ... not the same though is it.

Take off hosers ...

Would it not be more appropriate if the Cannucks bought us? Most violent fans who do like a good old full blown riot when they lose?

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

DewsyLeeds on Twitter:

Had lots of questions over the past few days. Not being rude not replying, but I only try and answer things I know the answer to.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Really hoping its not another case of :

Forget the AP suggestion..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Wouldn't it be ace if China Crisis bought us..

snake hips

Go to Buffalo or Ottawa when they're over. Or come down to NY. It's one of the games I try get to when they play.

Well that was fun.

ObL69 wrote:

Pearson? Shame, I'd love him and Wilkinson to come in

ObL69 wrote:

How comes?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.