Re: Buyout

Pearson would find £40-50m for the club plus another £20 to rebuy the assets plus an intial investment to cover a variety of takeover, previously hidden liabilities and running costs of about £15m in the first year far too steep I suspect....

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

Rumour and innuendo yet things are that bad that this is the stuff of hope for the future at ER. The fact that everyone is getting excited at the mere prospect that he is leaving is a suitable indictment of the Bates Regime.
If he does go, my money is on him becoming an advisor to the Syrian government.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

Did anyone say which Friday this was happening by?

Eating tofu and hating it.

It certainly shows how desperate we are for some positive news.  Looking at it rationally we've made one decent signing and everyone is on holiday and probably waiting until end of June where there will be more decisions on who is available.  Why spend your money early if the Prem 25's are not announced until later?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

So its not the Canadians and its not AP and Wilkinson,so that just leaves................Mr.Nobody!!

Wonder if he's wedged?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Right, some of you intelligent people are going to have to explain this to me.

We don't own our ground!

We don't own our training ground!

What exactly is there to takeover and how much is it worth ?

It's wierd. I was having a chat with a lurker last week, big Leeds fan and well-experienced and highly succesful in the world of retail. He reckoned running stock low and tarting up the premises is usually a precursor to a sale but I'm still hearing there's no enthusiasm to sell. That's why I come back to 'what's the plan'?

Formica is a nice bit of wood

The whole takeover rumour is merely a ruse for Bates to 'legitimise' not releasing any funds for new signings to the manager and exonerate himself for the manager walking out and either another mediocre mid table seaon or more likely relegation season.

I look at Forest's near miss last season and see Leeds next season but only there will be no late rally and we'll go down.

Big Society wrote:

Pearson would find £40-50m for the club plus another £20 to rebuy the assets plus an intial investment to cover a variety of takeover, previously hidden liabilities and running costs of about £15m in the first year far too steep I suspect....

SaAdam would really knock it into shape. You could probably place the decline of the club to the point he left... we lost all direction.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

It certainly shows how desperate we are for some positive news.  Looking at it rationally we've made one decent signing and everyone is on holiday and probably waiting until end of June where there will be more decisions on who is available.  Why spend your money early if the Prem 25's are not announced until later?

I'm sure we tried that last season

plus it totally goes against what the manager has said multiple times: I want my squad in place for pre-season training.

Odd Job wrote:

The whole takeover rumour is merely a ruse for Bates to 'legitimise' not releasing any funds for new signings to the manager and exonerate himself for the manager walking out and either another mediocre mid table seaon or more likely relegation season.

I look at Forest's near miss last season and see Leeds next season but only there will be no late rally and we'll go down.

Sounds about right

Agreed, it all could be bullshit, but...

Whose round is it, my glass half full needs er topping up.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Agreed, it all could be bullshit, but...

Whose round is it, my glass half full needs er topping up.

it's always fucking half full mate

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

I think that's the point sunshine.  Prefer it that way, I'd rather be deludedly happy than always miserable big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

I think that's the point sunshine.  Prefer it that way, I'd rather be deludedly happy than always miserable big_smile

I was more infering you'd rather be stood with a flat half of beer than drink it knowing you would have to go to the bar for the next round.

"Well so could anyone"

heyho wrote:
old codger wrote:

I was more infering you'd rather be stood with a flat half of beer than drink it knowing you would have to go to the bar for the next round.

Myth!  Go and choke on a chicken bone from a boneless chicken kebab you lol

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Myth!  Go and choke on a chicken bone from a boneless chicken kebab you lol

it was a fucking chicken bhuna you twat. lol

Last edited by heyho (Mon 28 May 2012 3:50 pm)

"Well so could anyone"

It was fucking boneless, that's what it was big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

It was fucking boneless, that's what it was big_smile

Yes it was - cos the fucking bone was in my throat. Well it was the first night anyway when they extracted it in A&E

"Well so could anyone"

LUST Twitter Account and blog gone public on takeover, "interest" and "bid on the table".....

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

Interesting but they also said this:

@lufctrust: We can also confirm that we have held talks with two interested parties #lufc #twitterwhites #TOMA

Holding talks?  Why with LUST?

Reggie Perrin wrote:

@lufctrust: We can also confirm that we have held talks with two interested parties #lufc #twitterwhites #TOMA

Because they are part of the buyout. One of them got four numbers last Saturday.

gorefidel wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Because they are part of the buyout. One of them got four numbers last Saturday.

No breath being held here either.

The plot thickens...

Takeover Statement: Trust Update
In response to the questions that have come our way in increasing numbers over the last few days, Leeds United Supporters' Trust can confirm that we are aware of firm interest from a number of parties looking to buy Leeds United. In common with Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Evening Post's comments on Twitter, we understand that Leeds United are in talks with at least two separate groups. We also understand there is one firm bid on the table at present.

In February we responded to Ken Bates' suggestion that we "put our money where our mouth is," by asking any potential investors, who shared the aims and ambitions of our members and of our Vision Statement, to contact the Trust with a view to working together to take Mr Bates up on his offer. We developed a presentation so interested parties could see how working with L.U.S.T. could help them, and have been in contact with a number of people to explore ways of bringing about change for the better at Elland Road. As part of this ongoing work, we have spoken to two groups who are interested in buying Leeds United. At this stage it is not possible for us to go into details about our conversations with these groups, as with a firm offer on the table we would not want to jeopardise any current negotiations.
Leeds United Supporters' Trust would welcome any move that helped the club to fulfil the aims of our Vision Statement, and our members increasingly tell us that they feel a change of ownership would be the best route towards positive change at Leeds United. On Friday we invited our members and Leeds fans everywhere to let us know their thoughts about the summer so far, and we received hundreds of emails in response. The clear and resounding message from our members was that they have completely lost faith in the current Leeds United board's ability to deliver a successful football club. Following the failure to meet Neil Warnock's target of signing a new group of players before his holiday deadline, and Robert Snodgrass' comments about past promises not being met; and after last season which saw players sold, failure on the pitch, and the season ticket income used to finance corporate facilities rather than new players; our members firmly believe that new owners and a new board are required at Leeds United to match the ambition of the fans, the players and the manager.
We are sure that the news of discussions around the sale of the club will be warmly welcomed by our members, and make disaffected supporters feel more optimistic about the future. L.U.S.T. would like to stress to all of the parties interested in buying Leeds United that building a good relationship with the supporters must be one of their first priorities. As the representatives of a group of more than 5,000 Leeds fans, and as a Supporters' Trust affiliated with Supporters Direct, we we will always welcome conversation with any potential new owner about how we can work together to achieve the aims of our Vision Statement.
We would also encourage L.U.S.T. members to keep sending their views to us, either by email to chairman@lufctrust.org, or via our blog, Facebook, or Twitter. L.U.S.T. is here to represent the views of Leeds fans, and we want to hear your thoughts and opinions on the news of takeover discussions at Elland Road.
If you’re not yet a member, you can join more than 5,000 other Leeds fans and have their voice heard as members of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust by filling in the form at www.lufctrust.org. Membership is free. Keep checking for updates on www.lufctrust.org, and our Facebook and Twitter pages.

‘I held Suzannah’s hand and told her, “I have to save Leeds United”

This would have been sufficient, the rest is just noise.

Takeover Statement: Trust Update
In response to the questions that have come our way in increasing numbers over the last few days, Leeds United Supporters' Trust can confirm that we are aware of firm interest from a number of parties looking to buy Leeds United. In common with Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Evening Post's comments on Twitter, we understand that Leeds United are in talks with at least two separate groups. We also understand there is one firm bid on the table at present.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'