Re: Buyout

Until the point Ken is 'open to offers' and by that I mean he opens the books, then..

If the trust are involved in what is basically a commercial transaction and if that transaction happens, then watching fan power in action will be a laugh as it meets commercial reality.

At least with North Americans you know what you're getting. If any of this is real and if they are some Asian betting consortum then I will piss myself watching it all work through.

World domination and a discount chicken dinner here we come.

there is an element of procrastination in every statement

Someone's heading for a fall, I'm hoping that 'someone' is Bates and Harvey but it could just as easily be all the people 'in the know' releasing all the media statements and procrastinations*.

*And in other news - proPastienation too, these worms are not for turning tongue

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

For what I'm reading LUST are talking to two parties to try and get a (I assume small) fan impute, it is the nature of the offer that will decide if Bates bites. My suspision is the first bid is in that area where Bates will procrastonate, shove the price up and deal in bad faith, the second bid is the one where you would perhaps hope its offering too much over the book value that Bates can behave like that.

As Hay of the YEP is tweeting this as well its a step beyond anything we know about from the last 5 years.

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

I'm just worried that it's all getting a bit too excitable and that it will all go tits up because too many people are talking about it in the media, and none of them are the club itself.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Bates will know the figure that he will accept for the club.
Said figure will be based on twisted Bates logic.
If that figure is not offered, he stays.
He then uses the confusion surrounding any failed bid to justify the dearth of transfer activity, because of the based on the actions of chancers and charlatans, in which category he will also class LUST.

The big factor in my opinion, is his age and health.  Will he decide that he has had enough, and slip quietly into the shadows to enjoys his twighlight years?

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

It'd be just like Bates to up the price by another £10m as a Lust-input tax or simply refuse to sell to piss off the morons

whatastraplength wrote:

It'd be just like Bates to up the price by another £10m as a Lust-input tax or simply refuse to sell to piss off the morons

I'd agree although I suspect his love of the folding stuff wouldn't let his hatred of LUST and such types get in the way of a good deal.

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s … -1-4594092

This genie is out of the bottle...

Big Society wrote:

The nameless, unconfirmed gossip you mean?

Has anyone from the club confirmed that they are considering an investment?

gorefidel wrote:
Big Society wrote:

The nameless, unconfirmed gossip you mean?

Has anyone from the club confirmed that they are considering an investment?

Think on lad, usually by now theclub would be dissing internet rumours and the YEP intimidated into silence. It is now reasonable to assume their is a bid with the club (and it is more than reasonable to assume this is not the first this year), the only question is whose and whom is the second bid coming from. Yes Bates can crush all the dreams but what is different is the "no-one but me" myth is gone and the clamour, across the board, for change means the future ownership of Leeds United is now up for public debate until it changes. It might only be the end of the beginning, but it is that and as such it frigging massive progress!

I suppose the one difference could be that LUST are seemingly prepared to spill everything if Bates will not consider a reasonable bid.  This is not going to end well for Bates if he lets his greed get int he way of a reasonable offer.  I think he will kill off any lingering goodwill he has.  It will become absolutely clear that he is in it to fleece and for no other reason.

If the club cannot cough £400k for a fullback from a financially toxic relegated club despite the money being spent on legal bills, the profit prom player sales and the increased profitability then no-one has any business buying a ticket, a shirt or anykind of product until he goes.

I'm trying not to let myself believe it but destocking and bolstering balance sheets is usually a pre-curser to some kind of investment.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Until it is clear who the bidder is (and who if anyone is behind them) then I wouldn't count any chickens.  Him not being front man or bringing in a similar sort of exploiter changes nothing.  Its about a plan and one that has a clear investment element, not just taking on an asset to milk.

Thats the acid test, not Bates per se.

And as for fan 'power' or the mass vomit of forum/twitter/blogs  - only shows just how many tools support Leeds.

Anyone who takes on the club shouldn't be able to factor a fixed cashflow from the fans in the way they can.

Borrowed statement:

'I have purposely steered clear of posting anything on here whilst information was not in the public domain but, for those wanting an update (apologies for any repetition - ignore me if you know this already), there are definitely a number of parties interested in buying the club right now. LUST has spoken to a number of them and can confirm that at least one of these parties would definitely pass all the stated requirements that Ken Bates has made so public in the past (which is not to say that the others wouldn't). All parties that we have spoken to are genuinely interested in supporting the ideals of the LUST Vision statement.

LUST do not wish to jeopardise any potential bid which is the only reason we have had to remain so quiet and cryptic, we will not reveal the identity of any parties that we have spoken to until they give us the green light to do so. But, whatever happens be assured that the excuses that no one is interested, fans scare investors off, everyone runs away when asked to provide proof of funds are all now redundant excuses.

Personally I don't know what Bates does next but, I hope for once that he does ignore us, puts out a calming statement and completes a deal that suits all parties, then quietly slips off into the sunset... I think it would be idiotic to try and point score or throw away any deals because of anything we or the local media have said or done (and I don't think he is that much of a fool). "

Last edited by old codger (Tue 29 May 2012 11:02 am)

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I suppose the one difference could be that LUST are seemingly prepared to spill everything if Bates will not consider a reasonable bid.  This is not going to end well for Bates if he lets his greed get int he way of a reasonable offer.  I think he will kill off any lingering goodwill he has.  It will become absolutely clear that he is in it to fleece and for no other reason.

If the club cannot cough £400k for a fullback from a financially toxic relegated club despite the money being spent on legal bills, the profit prom player sales and the increased profitability then no-one has any business buying a ticket, a shirt or anykind of product until he goes.

I'm trying not to let myself believe it but destocking and bolstering balance sheets is usually a pre-curser to some kind of investment.

He owns it. He gets 20k a game no matter what. Everyone else can fuck themselves - if he's shown anything by now its that.

He spent 500k. Thats about the normal off season spend.

old codger wrote:

Borrowed statement:

'I have purposely steered clear of posting anything on here whilst information was not in the public domain but, for those wanting an update (apologies for any repetition - ignore me if you know this already), there are definitely a number of parties interested in buying the club right now. LUST has spoken to a number of them and can confirm that at least one of these parties would definitely pass all the stated requirements that Ken Bates has made so public in the past (which is not to say that the others wouldn't). All parties that we have spoken to are genuinely interested in supporting the ideals of the LUST Vision statement.

LUST do not wish to jeopardise any potential bid which is the only reason we have had to remain so quiet and cryptic, we will not reveal the identity of any parties that we have spoken to until they give us the green light to do so. But, whatever happens be assured that the excuses that no one is interested, fans scare investors off, everyone runs away when asked to provide proof of funds are all now redundant excuses.

Personally I don't know what Bates does next but, I hope for once that he does ignore us, puts out a calming statement and completes a deal that suits all parties, then quietly slips off into the sunset... I think it would be idiotic to try and point score or throw away any deals because of anything we or the local media have said or done (and I don't think he is that much of a fool). "

lol lol lol Thats brilliant. Idiots.

Yorkshire Radio confirm talks. Genie out of bottle confimred....

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2012052 … 85_2791188

We have gone national ;-) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/18246751

The shoddy way Bates has treaed contracts and the fact that Warnock is also not contracted does leave the decks clear somewhat.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I not holding my breath on a positive outcome and even if Bates goes, it has to be someone better and not of the same ilk

whatastraplength wrote:

I not holding my breath on a positive outcome and even if Bates goes, it has to be someone better and not of the same ilk

Wouidn't it be bloody brilliant if our new saviour was an elk?

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

whatastraplength wrote:

Cynic.... :-) It would be difficult to get worse than Bates (even with the FL's easy to pass fit and proper test) and in the end just because the owner is better doesn't mean thinking fans won't have issues/questions/needs/demands, but that is for after Bates is gone/irrelvant.

old codger wrote:
whatastraplength wrote:

Wouidn't it be bloody brilliant if our new saviour was an elk?

That would really place me on the horns of a dilemna..........cue run of deer-related puns

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

Doe...........................!!!!!