Topic: Breakfast of champions

Just had the best Scrambled egg on toast this side of Paris. With wonderful black coffee. Soft, yet not sloppy, intense yellow and very eggy. And then loads of black pepper and side of mushrooms. And its sunny in Old St. Bliss.

I could forgive the rocket garnish.

Re: Breakfast of champions

I have recently had three cooked breakfasts in a row. last friday at the Hunstman near Holmfirth. Not bad but I left the fried bread becasue my conscience took over. Saturday I had one at some place near Thirsk. Once again average but it filled a gap. And on Sunday I had one at the place I was with the rugby team doing their outward bound course. No fucking bacon on that one but I reckon I had pissed 'em off as I was 'caught' with a can of lager in my hand the night before.

All in all pretty average I must conclude.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Heyho, founder of the new charity 'Free the Fried Bread' big_smile

Last edited by old codger (Wed 30 May 2012 9:09 am)

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Heyho, founder of the new charity 'Free the Fried Bread' big_smile

I feel safe with fried bread. No bones in it.

"Well so could anyone"

Crosse Keys 'Spoons on Gracechurch Street does Eggs Benedict for £3.29.  Need to See if Leeds ones do it when I get the chance.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Crosse Keys 'Spoons on Gracechurch Street does Eggs Benedict for £3.29.  Need to See if Leeds ones do it when I get the chance.

You need to have a walk to the Toby Carvery near Rothwell Sports Centre RP. All you can eat breakfast for under 4 quid. nice as well.

"Well so could anyone"

Quaker oats microwaveable porridge, chopped up banana, honey, cup of tea... Best meal of the day.

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Bircher museili with banana , strawberrys and a black coffee

gorefidel wrote:

Beats my bowl of Frosties and a cup of Redbush I suppose!

How the other half live eh? lol

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

gorefidel wrote:

Quite clearly been away from Yorkshire far too long.

"Well so could anyone"

old yeadonian wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Train was 45 min late (again) and there's a stall in the station sells it for £3. so had to make do with apple and pear as the Strawberry had gone.

heyho wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Listen, for anyone to recommend a Toby carvery for anything other than firebombing to comment on food - they must have a great sense of irony. lol or not live in North Leeds.

gorefidel wrote:
heyho wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Listen, for anyone to recommend a Toby carvery for anything other than firebombing to comment on food - they must have a great sense of irony. lol or not live in North Leeds.

look they do offer you brown or white toast you know.

"Well so could anyone"

heyho wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
heyho wrote:

look they do offer you brown or white toast you know.

Isn't all toast brown (or maybe black? If it's not then it's just bread or raw toast as I like to call it.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Bread. Rare.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Bread. Rare.

Dough!

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

heyho wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

You need to have a walk to the Toby Carvery near Rothwell Sports Centre RP. All you can eat breakfast for under 4 quid. nice as well.

I have thought about that, not the walking bit thought.  My slight problem with it though is I would have to pass the cafe in the park which do a first class brekkie themselves and when it comes to fried pig products I'm loyal.  A bad brekkie can ruin the day.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

ObL69 wrote:

Quaker oats microwaveable porridge, chopped up banana, honey, cup of tea... Best meal of the day.

No honey and swap for coffee, like the idea of honey though. Got a big box of Qualers from Costco and they sit in my desk, banana/apple from the fruit basket, moccachino from the coffee machine. Additional bacon & egg sarnie round 10am most days too.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

gorefidel wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Train was 45 min late (again) and there's a stall in the station sells it for £3. so had to make do with apple and pear as the Strawberry had gone.

£3.00 gets you 2xbacon 2xsausages eggs bean toms mushrooms blackpudding fried bread and toast tea or coffee with a free top up , here in yorkshie

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

hendersonjones wrote:
gorefidel wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

£3.00 gets you 2xbacon 2xsausages eggs bean toms mushrooms blackpudding fried bread and toast tea or coffee with a free top up , here in yorkshie

Fuck me H, you a Veggie these days? If you get all that for £3 bang on there's no fucking meat on that plate.

http://www.coog.ee/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/cafe-congo-coogee.jpg
Coogee, Sydney. Three weeks or so in '04, breakfast every day in this place, fucking mint. One of the best Eggs Benedict I've ever tasted.
My Mrs makes the best scrambled eggs in the world.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

One espresso, two espressos, three espressos...

Take off hosers ...

Maccy dees bacon n egg mcmuffin and a large latte

CBDS wrote:

Good hangover tackle!

Any other time...horrible!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

old yeadonian wrote:
CBDS wrote:

Good hangover tackle!

Any other time...horrible!

Had a 'La Loma' which is a local take on a greasy breakfast, Andalusian style. Two fried eggs, bacon fried pork, cheese all served on an open baguette smeared with fresh pulped tomato. And strong black coffee.

Might fuck your arteries, but sorts your hangover out.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."