Topic: Help! Kos, Lanzarote or Corfu

Wanting to book a week's holiday v soon, preferably beach, good weather obviously, suitable for me and the g/f to have a good relaxing break so that means we won't be clubbing in the small hours though course we do like a drink or three big_smile .

Any recommendations for any of the above please.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Re: Help! Kos, Lanzarote or Corfu

From Leeds/Bradford Airport.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Only real beach in Lanzarote is down at Player Blanca. Not been for a few years, Playa Blanca seemed alright  the rest of island is volcanic rock and you can drive round it in an hour or so.

Greece would be my call...

Ta, Gore.  Been to Sidari?  Heard good things about it but from one couple only.

Been to Crete a few times, really enjoyed it, fancying a slight change now but with similar weather and vibes (man) ..

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Ta, Gore.  Been to Sidari?  Heard good things about it but from one couple only.

Been to Crete a few times, really enjoyed it, fancying a slight change now but with similar weather and vibes (man) ..

No, I haven't. In terms of the Canaries, like Tenerife (not sure if you can get there from Leeds/Bratfud) - avoid Las Americas as was a bit mental. Rest of Island was great. Loads to do.

Last edited by gorefidel (Tue 26 Jun 2012 12:40 pm)

Yeah, Las Americas, been there, done it, with 9 others.  It was the best of times, it was the worst of times lol

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Yeah, Las Americas, been there, done it, with 9 others.  It was the best of times, it was the worst of times lol

Quite. Last lads holiday I went on late 80s' we walked into a full scale riot on that strip of bars just down from Veronica's ended up with 3 of us getting batoned to fuck (not me - I found a bar to watch it all from big_smile )

Sensible.  I mean, going on holiday to get batoned, beat up or buggered, or all three, might as well get a bus to Lancashire big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Been to Kardemena in Kos.

If you can can get away from the young's, which you can, then crack on. The food is acemans too.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Been to Kardemena in Kos.

If you can can get away from the young's, which you can, then crack on. The food is acemans too.

Ta, it looks like it will be Sidari for a week but not booking it til tonight.  Will keep this in mind for future reference though.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Santorini is lovely.

I loved Corsica too - beach and summer snow capped mountains all within 1 hour.  Great snap too.

Was in Torrevieja recently with the lads for golf - was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.

Tonnes really - get a decent priced flight first and then find accommodation next - always best way.

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Bit worried about certain economies though, like Greece, so this time I think I'll let an abta approved travel company sort it out to save the worry if not on money.

Good tips though, thanks again.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Wanting to book a week's holiday v soon, preferably beach, good weather obviously, suitable for me and the g/f to have a good relaxing break so that means we won't be clubbing in the small hours though course we do like a drink or three big_smile .

kefalos on kos its the resort furthest south great long beach with ruins at one end and tiled mosiac floors going into the sea not very lively nice restaurants a few bars , kardemena is 18-30,s , kos town is lovely

corfu try paleokastrisa north west of the island beautiful place made up of nine bays great food/drink , stay clear of ipsos dassia benites kavos , sidari has great sand dunes family resort kassiopi nice harbour .

try paxos which is the small island south of corfu only 5miles sqaure great place but full of italians peak summer ,you get the hydrofoil down from corfu town .

ive booked with these before stayed at gaios http://www.paxosmagic.com/

Last edited by hendersonjones (Tue 26 Jun 2012 3:39 pm)

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Excellent.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

OC - we've been to Gran Canaria for last couple of years. Not in the big resorts either but just outside. Nice little village and still only 6-7 euros into the main big town in a taxi (or an easy bus ride).

I can commend it. Got details of where we stayed if you want it.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

hendersonjones wrote:
old codger wrote:

kefalos on kos its the resort furthest south great long beach with ruins at one end and tiled mosiac floors going into the sea not very lively nice restaurants a few bars , kardemena is 18-30,s , kos town is lovely

corfu try paleokastrisa north west of the island beautiful place made up of nine bays great food/drink , stay clear of ipsos dassia benites kavos , sidari has great sand dunes family resort kassiopi nice harbour .

try paxos which is the small island south of corfu only 5miles sqaure great place but full of italians peak summer ,you get the hydrofoil down from corfu town .

Agree with most of this - Corfu is gorgeous (esp Paleokastritsa)  if you can avoid what he says. Cos is a bit limited, including the town - relatively small, Kardamina which is very young. The south coast can be uncomfortably windy.

Zante is lovely if you're north of Zante town, thus avoiding Slaganas.

Best I've seen is Cephalonia. Stunning scenery, blue seas, no 18-30s or towns full of knobheads. Bit more expensive but you get what you pays for.

Never been to santorini, but want to. Mykonos is stunning and pretty cool if you're comfortable with your own sexuality and don't take offence to guys shagging in the street.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

heyho wrote:

OC - we've been to Gran Canaria for last couple of years. Not in the big resorts either but just outside. Nice little village and still only 6-7 euros into the main big town in a taxi (or an easy bus ride).

I can commend it. Got details of where we stayed if you want it.

Yes, emailed you ta.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Djpekingman wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:
old codger wrote:

Agree with most of this - Corfu is gorgeous (esp Paleokastritsa)  if you can avoid what he says. Cos is a bit limited, including the town - relatively small, Kardamina which is very young. The south coast can be uncomfortably windy.

Best I've seen is Cephalonia. Stunning scenery, blue seas, no 18-30s or towns full of knobheads. Bit more expensive but you get what you pays for.

Never been to santorini, but want to. Mykonos is stunning and pretty cool if you're comfortable with your own sexuality and don't take offence to guys shagging in the street.

Sold if you can assure me there would be gals shagging in the street big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Santorini is lovely.

<snip>
Tonnes really - get a decent priced flight first and then find accommodation next - always best way.

RHS - you've made my day there - booked a flight to Santorini last night and then found a nice looking hotel on the edge of the main town, Fira.  So I'm off there in a month. 

Someone just told me it was like Blackpool a few minutes ago so seeing that from you is  a relief.  No offence to Blackpool like.

Any tips?  (Sorry for hijacking your thread OC)

onandoff wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Santorini is lovely.

<snip>

RHS - you've made my day there - booked a flight to Santorini last night and then found a nice looking hotel on the edge of the main town, Fira.  So I'm off there in a month. 

Someone just told me it was like Blackpool a few minutes ago so seeing that from you is  a relief.  No offence to Blackpool like.

Any tips?  (Sorry for hijacking your thread OC)

Am too outraged to reply, On.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

Sold if you can assure me there would be gals shagging in the street big_smile

Not in Mykonos me old pal!! You need to go to Lesbos for that.

Simon Calder writes that now is a good time to go - no Yanks, No Aussies and no Canadians by the looks of things...

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/eur … 88755.html

How about Rhodes Town? I found that a very nice place to stay years ago. If the Euro collapses, your beer will reduce in price by about 65% overnight...happy days!!

British Embassy will have to get you home if it goes tits.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Corfu is the choice this time, Sidari.  Thanks all for advice, it is now stored and might well be acted upon in later times.

Been to Rhodes Town, enjoyed it but not enough to go back big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Lanzarote one of the great places to visit in the canary island is one of my favorite and probably the most memorable one. I'm a heavy drinker and theres this one place in Lanzarote where they made the finest if not the greatest wine called bodegas, man that was very nice! But the main reason for my visit in Lanzarote is because of surfing. One of friends told me to go during the surfing season which is November-March and I did! And it didn't waste my time at all and money well spent. I almost forgot It's  the most memorable place for me because this is here I finally met her! Happily married for 7 yrs now with one lovely daughter. I'll be returning here anytime soon that's for sure. thanks for bringing back good old memories with this lovely. Anyways hope this link could help you learn more about this wonderful island smile canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/lanzarote/places/