Re: Cranked Up Really High

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

Pal of mine ripped an Assos cycling jacket when we went MTBing once. First ride with it on (irony is it's a roadie jacket). Slipped on ice at roundabout.

They're £300 plus.......

F*ck him,  this is all about me  big_smile

I fell off on Thursday too - this time just a fall over while clipped in which was even more embarrassing!  I'd been inching along about to pull out of a T-junction when a van pulled across me without indicating meaning I had to stop but hadn't time to unclick

These things don't REALLY come in threes do they.......?

Unfortunately they do come in 3s......

Stacked it again on more ice yesterday,  front end completely lost and face planted into the tarmac

Ambulance called by someone - smashed up and grazed face,  chipped teeth,  broken bones in hand,  dislocated finger,  kept in 10hrs to watch for signs of concussion. in a cast for Christmas......

Bollocks

Off to the hospital on Friday to see if the fingers' have healed up OK.  One of them is still pretty sore and I'm sure is till dislocated although they say not - I imagine they would know best......

Still minimal movement in two of the fingers,  I'll need some good tips on how to get them moving freely again.......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

A pair of bib-tights I bought off eBay just arrived - ones I bought to replace the Chapeau ones I shredded when I totalled before Christmas

Nalini ones,  very nice and as described - can't have been used more than a handful of times

The pube on the chamois was a bit of an unexpected bonus mind you

Just had my first bike-related, pedestrian-rage fight.  Shouted a warning at someone crossing in front of me on a red man.  He took exception.  After a short exchange of futile abuse, including being advised I was "a fucking faggot in lycra who thinks he owns the road"  I was invited to get off my bike.  I accepted. 

Following his comedy wild swing, which I ducked after having had a pot of tea, we ended up on the deck.  Me on top as it were. Passer-by intervened and we called it a draw.  Tip for future scraps; take off your helmet before fight commences. The strap gives the cunts something to grab hold of.

"We are The Fall"

Ha, bit early in the day for that carry on.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Laughing here... Pride before The Fall...

Feel like a daft twat now. Ribs are aching like ten men

"We are The Fall"

Ha ha, fucks sake you don't need that in a morning or anytime really. I always ignore wankers who shake the fists and stuff.. easier to do in a car though.. you did right letting him throw the first punch though.. in my present condition I think I'd be exhausted and close to death within ten seconds of an on floor grapple

I get a bit road ragey with anyone on a mobile - either talking, but especially texting. You see them at junctions, eyes lowered, tapping away. Bigger fines, bigger bans. Using the phone for anything at the wheel is unforgivable.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Done me first sportive today. 81 miles and finished in the top third, so silver medal. Pretty pleased with that for an old, unfit git with two fucked knees.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Well in Charlie. Top effort

"We are The Fall"

Chapeau

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Cycled to work today for the first time since I came off the bike before Christmas and mashed my face and hand,  and broke my finger

Could say it was a piece of piss but it wasn't

I put it off 2-3 times for silly reasons until I thought 'f*ck it'

Took it easy;  tyres not fully inflated as it was wet so I had more grip;  purposely went the exact way I did when i fell off - took it even more easy at the accident spot and had a little flashback

Back on it now though.  feel better for it

Good on you RHS.

Lad I ride on the road with was knocked off a while back. He's still struggling. Got sideswiped by a car joining the main road on his commute.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Yeah, good on you, RHS.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Cheers gents

God only knows how these people with PTSD cope!?!?!

Hello KOTS got a new motor?

Yep..

A Bridgestone Hydee 2 - peddle plus electric (is that cheating), not tried the lecky turbo on this as yet as it's all in kanji big_smile

Strictly for the school run and for discovering the neighbourhood.

https://image.rakuten.co.jp/hakusen/cabinet/00626468/imgrc0068306690.jpg

Last edited by king of the slums (Sun 22 Apr 2018 6:08 am)

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

This should be presented to the CURH scrutiny board.

"We are The Fall"

Tour de Yorkshire medium route tomorrow. Entered the long one but the 6700ft of climbing is a bit much for my over sized frame. Otley chevin will be enough of a challenge.

Sunset & Vine wrote:

Tour de Yorkshire medium route tomorrow. Entered the long one but the 6700ft of climbing is a bit much for my over sized frame. Otley chevin will be enough of a challenge.

Just watched them bez through Helmsley.  5 out front and a massive pack about a mile behind.  Never seen so many coppers on BMWs.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Had a few pints In Ilkley after work Friday night and watched them literally fly past on the high street as they approached the climb up to the Cow and Calf.

Not a massive fan but the whole place was buzzing and the atmosphere ace.
Sun shining and whole families out enjoying themselves.

Ace.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

king of the slums wrote:

Hello KOTS got a new motor?

Yep..

A Bridgestone Hydee 2 - peddle plus electric (is that cheating), not tried the lecky turbo on this as yet as it's all in kanji big_smile

Strictly for the school run and for discovering the neighbourhood.

https://image.rakuten.co.jp/hakusen/cabinet/00626468/imgrc0068306690.jpg

Thats fucking ace! *pictures kots in japanese dressing gown, socks and sandals riding round Tokyo

placidcasual wrote:

Thats fucking ace! *pictures kots in japanese dressing gown, socks and sandals riding round Tokyo

They love their kid carrier bikes over here, first one we've seen that doesn't look like a disability scooter. Shifts as well and does 30KM on a charge, just need to find a cup holder for morning coffee in my pink bad boy...

https://image.rakuten.co.jp/o-komachi/cabinet/ch62-1047-a.jpg

Last edited by king of the slums (Sun 06 May 2018 2:28 pm)

Can't argue with those numbers..

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Haven't been out for a couple of years so thought I would go and do 120kms with some friends, cleaned and serviced the bike, had the gears sorted at the local shop. Everything covered. Met at the British Embassy and then Cycled east out of central Tokyo and then north up the Arakawa river which offers uninterrupted cycling (without any bloody traffic lights) along the levy pathways for about 45 km.

Then at 40km, the back tire exploded! Had to walk 3km in my cleats to the station for the easiest line back into town. Fortunately you are never far from a train station in the greater Tokyo area. Usual 5 minute tussle with my bike bag and then onto the train and home. My balls had gone numb by the time the tire went, so it was probably a good thing.

Hotting up now, so drank about 3 litres in the first two hours.

Will have another go next week, so how we get on. I have a dodgy knee from running, so trying to use this to strengthen it.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'