Topic: Bradley Wiggins

"My wife kept going on because she was getting ecstatic that the Queen had sent us a letter," Wiggins said.

"I kept saying 'Fuck the Queen - Johnny Marr's sent me a message on Twitter!"

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Re: Bradley Wiggins

Classic

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Yeah that's great.

Woo hoo hoo

I think we all know somebody who dresses like Bradley Wiggins.

The Belgian.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

I think we all know somebody who dresses like Bradley Wiggins.

The Belgian.

danke

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Piers Morgan on Twitter: "I was very disappointed @bradwiggins didn't sing the anthem. Show some respect to our Monarch please!" To which Bradley Wiggins responded: "@piersmorgan I was disappointed you didn't go to jail for insider dealing or phone hacking, but you know, each to his own."

2+1

fulmine wrote:

Piers Morgan on Twitter: "I was very disappointed @bradwiggins didn't sing the anthem. Show some respect to our Monarch please!" To which Bradley Wiggins responded: "@piersmorgan I was disappointed you didn't go to jail for insider dealing or phone hacking, but you know, each to his own."

Don't think it wasn't actually Wiggiins who gave that excellent response, but some other bloke who copied Wiggins in, as he should.

Now, from his US home, he continues this despicable McCarthyite campaign over British athletes singing the national anthem.
It's a poor outdated anthem that the English are still clinging onto and the non-singing of it by a decent % of people shows that the UK should not now be defined by the royal family.

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

Piers Morgan should be sat at home thanking whatever higher power has kept him out of jail.  Not plastering his smug, talentless fizzog all over the TV.  Never has there been such a staggeringly inflated ego based on such little talent.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Thu 09 Aug 2012 11:05 am)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

cordshoes wrote:
fulmine wrote:

Don't think it wasn't actually Wiggiins who gave that excellent response, but some other bloke who copied Wiggins in, as he should.

Noooo, really? I'm sure he shares the sentiment.

2+1

If the anthem was about an actual country, rather than some inbred coke-addled thief, then I'm sure would all be up there singing the bloody thing.

2+1

fulmine wrote:

If the anthem was about an actual country, rather than some inbred coke-addled thief, then I'm sure would all be up there singing the bloody thing.

correct
get Danny Boyle to choose or write one.

Last edited by cordshoes (Thu 09 Aug 2012 12:00 pm)

cordshoes wrote:
fulmine wrote:

correct

We couldn't do the accent...

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Lager Lager Lager lager Lager Lager, mega mega white thing, mega mega black thing, lager lager lager lager, has got to be a contender....

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:

Lager Lager Lager lager Lager Lager, mega mega white thing, mega mega black thing, lager lager lager lager, has got to be a contender....

Fucking hate that song and the twat in that stupid hat on the video. Not that that necessarily matters as I wasn't consulted on the current one either.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

1.11 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMi-j7W2gM

Last edited by Cuts (Thu 09 Aug 2012 1:04 pm)

This'd get my vote...

Modest chap with great line in self deprecation hasn't he?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

cordshoes wrote:
fulmine wrote:

correct

I thought you were against cunts? So why pick the leader of the pack?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

gore wrote:
cordshoes wrote:
fulmine wrote:

correct

i thought he did a great job of the opening ceremony and showing how the UK came from nothing, but the power and quality of the people have made an impact on the world.

Yeah I enjoyed the opening ceremony too, I must have missed Danny Boyle being ordained a Cunt of the highest order.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Yeah I enjoyed the opening ceremony too, I must have missed Danny Boyle being ordained a Cunt of the highest order.

You missing something, that would be odd. lol

cordshoes wrote:
gore wrote:
cordshoes wrote:

correct

i thought he did a great job of the opening ceremony and showing how the UK came from nothing, but the power and quality of the people have made an impact on the world.

love the irony of a man of the people celebrating rich kids playing and self made men who employed slave labour. Suppose the  nod to a few beds makes it up then.

And based on one show  - which they had to double the budget makes him somehow the arbiter of national pride/esteem or whatever you want to call it?

gore wrote:
cordshoes wrote:
gore wrote:

love the irony of a man of the people celebrating rich kids playing and self made men who employed slave labour. Suppose the  nod to a few beds makes it up then.

And based on one show  - which they had to double the budget makes him somehow the arbiter of national pride/esteem or whatever you want to call it?

not gonna go off on a tangent re the opening ceremony which has already been discussed at length.
Any more suggestions for a new national anthem and who should write it.
Or are we still extolling subservience to the landed gentry?

cordshoes wrote:
gore wrote:
cordshoes wrote:

not gonna go off on a tangent re the opening ceremony which has already been discussed at length.
Any more suggestions for a new national anthem and who should write it.
Or are we still extolling subservience to the landed gentry?

Probably as they seem to be winning a disproportionate  number of medals

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Thu 09 Aug 2012 8:53 pm)

This should be the new National Anthem