Topic: Wrexham, Wrexham here we come, Wrexham here we come

Basically a record of Halifax Town´s march to glory, and a return to the Conference which in all honest is their level. But at least the self respect of Halifax fans will be restored as the village teams of Stalybridge, Chester, Workington and Bishops Stortford are replaced with glamour trips to the likes of Alfreton, Braintree and Hyde.

Town´s signing of the summer Graham Seddon had a part to play in forcing a winning own goal as the Shaymen came from behind to bash the Bishops of Stortford.

On Tuesday Town´s traditional bogey team Colwyn Bay will be swept aside as the Shaymen majestically ride roughshod across the northern footballing wastelands inna panzer stylee.

Wrexham board up your windows.

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Sun 19 Aug 2012 9:32 pm)

Re: Wrexham, Wrexham here we come, Wrexham here we come

For people wondering why a tommy two teams like me is getting more excited about Halifax than Leeds right now, it comes down to the nature of football, what is the point in Leeds getting promoted, I can´t see any, if Halifax get promoted they will be at their level and competitive, without threatening to go up until all the stars are aligned.

The day we panic about Halifax coming to town is the day I give up.. I've enjoyed mixed fortunes watching my club at the Shay but I've always left safe in the knowledge that we'll always be a big club in comparison. Good passionate support for football in the town still and I'm sure it'll kick off when Chester turn up, they took 800 to Oxford City on Saturday.

Formica is a nice bit of wood

ObL69 wrote:

The day we panic about Halifax coming to town is the day I give up.. I've enjoyed mixed fortunes watching my club at the Shay but I've always left safe in the knowledge that we'll always be a big club in comparison. Good passionate support for football in the town still and I'm sure it'll kick off when Chester turn up, they took 800 to Oxford City on Saturday.

big_smile

Fine by me FD, and the Wrexham lads, I like to read about how things are going for both sides so please keep reports and score updates coming.

If Leeds ever get back to the Prem then I seriously doubt it will be anything like Wilko's achievements, but I do reckon there'd be major investment in players to make sure they at least stay there.  Long process, longer than it took Wilko to make a real impact on the top div.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I used to love the Conference matches on Setanta ona  Thursday night after Veterans League 5 a side.

Channel 5 should snap up the rights and along with the cricket highlights, some decent Boxing in Tyson Fury they would arguably have a better sports package than ITV.

Here would be ny Sunday on C5:

11:00  County Cricket Roundup

12:00  Conference Match

14:00  War / Cowboy Film.

16:00  Not bothered, I'm asleep in the couch.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Our first live Game's coming up this weekend I think, Saturday teatime, v Grimsby.. That should set the pulse racing. Two teams who've had an indifferent start..

Chester City only 800 to the first day of the season in the Northern Premier League, these are local games for local people, if they can´t muster more than 800 for the short jaunt to Oxford on the opening day of the season then it´s a poor do.

Even little Halifax took hundreds to their opening day Hertfordshire Derby with Bishop Stortford.

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Mon 20 Aug 2012 11:09 pm)

Chester fans often taunt us about the fact we claim to be a massive club compared to them. This manifests itself in the way they constantly refer to our 'massive floodlights'. They may well have a point, they took 800 to Oxford, the same as the entire attendance for our game at Ebbsfleet.

The invasion of Wrexham is on hold, a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Colwyn Bay, Halifax´s bogey team since the original club went bust, especially at the Shay.

It´s not the end of the world but last season´s home form was poor, so there is some concern.

Guiseley won easily enough, and look to be picking up where they left off last season.

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Wed 22 Aug 2012 9:17 am)

ObL69 wrote:

Chester fans often taunt us about the fact we claim to be a massive club compared to them. This manifests itself in the way they constantly refer to our 'massive floodlights'. They may well have a point, they took 800 to Oxford, the same as the entire attendance for our game at Ebbsfleet.

Fucking Ebbsfleet.  What a way to steal people's money to buy a club.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Foxy Dread wrote:

The invasion of Wrexham is on hold, a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Colwyn Bay, Halifax´s bogey team since the original club went bust, especially at the Shay.

It´s not the end of the world but last season´s home form was poor, so there is some concern.

Guiseley won easily enough, and look to be picking up where they left off last season.

Colwyn Bay?! Tiny team.. Probably full of Wrexham rejects, including Jon Newby.

Halifax still missing several of the summer´s main signings are firmly on course for a good season it would seem. Dominated the game at Chester only to lose 2 1, even Chester fans were very complimentary of the Town performance. The only negative is that 300 have disappeared from the gate, the loss of the daily paper for a weekly can´t have helped the club´s profile. Ah there is another negative by all accounts, a bastard set of Night Club bouncer style stewards who are being a right set of twats.

I can´t help but feel this is Halifax´s year.

Some strong teams in that league though this season aren't there? Guiseley going well, our friends from over the border plus a couple of others. There's so little margin for error in this non-league set up, one automatic place means so much thwarted ambition.

I think you´ve named the three there, Brackley are going well, but have had a kindly run of fixtures so i´m told.

Chester have done well out of loan signing Ben Mills, they tried to sign him (9 goals and good performances this season to date), but Chester won´t meet the valuation, and have withdrawn their offer, he´s played his last game for them.

Guiseley have lost their last two, Halifax weren´t a million miles away last season, and this group of players is a class above them so I have to be hopeful.

History in the making, the FA Cup´s biggest ever 4th Qualifying Round Tie on October the 6th ish, presuming Chester see off Gainsborough, then it´s Chester v Halifax a massive tie, and a great opportunity to make money backing Halifax.

On the league front, still happy that Halifax are on course.

Do you support Halifax or Leeds?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

It´s a long and boring story is a Premiership Glamour Boy really interested?

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Mon 24 Sep 2012 6:32 pm)

Didn't exactly cover yourself in glory with that edit Foxy.

You're on my fucking list now.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

That´s a no then you aren´t interested I take it? Thank fuck for that!

On a serious note as a Bradfordian do you feel no connection to your local side? And assuming the answer is no, do you have any civic pride whatsoever?

luxury_scruff wrote:

Didn't exactly cover yourself in glory with that edit Foxy.

You're on my fucking list now.

Does that mean you will reply to my posts in that strange almost biblical but yet modern style that hints at great foreboding.

It´s quite impressive, I bet Cordshoes is shitting himsen.

Knowing cordshoes, I'd wager that he isn't shitting 'himsen', but thanks for the critique, you suckholing twat.

I had to google to find out the meaning of suckholing and the first link it threw up was

www.shanklygates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5092

If you are going to use colloquiallisms local to Bradford please give us a clue. I´ve no idea how you´ve just insulted me, i´m not going into a website entitled Shanklygates, i´m clean out of Kleenex.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Knowing cordshoes, I'd wager that he isn't shitting 'himsen', but thanks for the critique, you suckholing twat.

And by the way I quite like the speaking in tongues style, you use on Cordshoes, I only have half a clue what it means but it´s quite good in a Nick Cave sort of way.

Foxy Dread wrote:

History in the making, the FA Cup´s biggest ever 4th Qualifying Round Tie on October the 6th ish, presuming Chester see off Gainsborough, then it´s Chester v Halifax a massive tie, and a great opportunity to make money backing Halifax.

On the league front, still happy that Halifax are on course.

Thought Gainsborough Trinity had some wedge to spend this season, see they're languishing in 11th but maybe not such a pushover for the deviants.

“A little dab'll do ya.”  Brylcreem getting in to the 21st century.