Re: Wrexham, Wrexham here we come, Wrexham here we come

Stop fucking suckholing.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Jones the Steamed wrote:
Foxy Dread wrote:

History in the making, the FA Cup´s biggest ever 4th Qualifying Round Tie on October the 6th ish, presuming Chester see off Gainsborough, then it´s Chester v Halifax a massive tie, and a great opportunity to make money backing Halifax.

On the league front, still happy that Halifax are on course.

Thought Gainsborough Trinity had some wedge to spend this season, see they're languishing in 11th but maybe not such a pushover for the deviants.

Possibly suffering from a play off hangover sort of thing.

Certainly no pushovers, beat a much more pedestrian Halifax in last year´s play off semi, but now we/they/Halifax are a much better team.

Chester have lost Ben Mills a player they had on loan and there seems to have been an instant though slight dip in form.

I'm hoping for a Trinity win and if that's not possible for you to twat them, failing that I'd be quite happy for us to clip their wings in the next round. 

The deviant steam roller needs stopping sharpish, I know its spluttered a tad in recent weeks  but a full on brake needs to be applied.

“A little dab'll do ya.”  Brylcreem getting in to the 21st century.

We/they/Halifax (happy Lux?) will twat them, it´s a given.

It seems that twat them you did, albeit in the form of a pitch invasion and attack on the home terrace..meanwhile in other news, the game ended in a draw.

Formica is a nice bit of wood

FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw tomorrow. I'd take Chester or Halifax at ours. Be nice to see some sort of travelling contingent at EP.

Speaking of which, how many will Wrexham bring this Wednesday considering it's on telly? And will our inept stewards and GMP shit their pants again this year?

Four unbeaten for us. We're still not very good though.

Suggestion seems to be that tv añd last season's inept crowd control will have an impact on our numbers. Shouldnt be far short of a thousand though. We're missing Harris suspended and the keeper's been called up by cameroon, mind you, neither had a good day last season did they?

someoneelse wrote:

FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw tomorrow. I'd take Chester or Halifax at ours. Be nice to see some sort of travelling contingent at EP.

Speaking of which, how many will Wrexham bring this Wednesday considering it's on telly? And will our inept stewards and GMP shit their pants again this year?

Four unbeaten for us. We're still not very good though.

Five for us and we're not remotely very good either lol

Which means Everton must be real poop.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

ObL69 wrote:

Suggestion seems to be that tv añd last season's inept crowd control will have an impact on our numbers. Shouldnt be far short of a thousand though. We're missing Harris suspended and the keeper's been called up by cameroon, mind you, neither had a good day last season did they?

I'd take a draw now to be honest. We're on a good run but young players in every department means confidence is a fragile thing.

We're arguably better than we were when we won the same game 1-0 last season though.

Saw Halifax beat Chester 3 - 1 without ever really getting out of second gear. Chester had a man sent off which helped but they should have few complaints about that decision, although they did.

They were a strange shape, I don´t mean formation wise, it was like a team of Franny Lee clones, all short and overweight, well half of the team were from that mould.

someoneelse wrote:
ObL69 wrote:

I'd take a draw now to be honest. We're on a good run but young players in every department means confidence is a fragile thing.

We're arguably better than we were when we won the same game 1-0 last season though.

Newport's win and everyone else's defeat last night means a big night for us.. Harris is available apparently but we have a keeper making his debut which makes me nervous. Our away form suggests a draw.. i've got to try and find a pub to watch it in, and I'm a long way from home..

stockport 2 - 3 Wrexham.

I loves this i do. A good run of 12 unbeaten now. Get your money in em lads.

What would Bill Hicks say ?

I ended up wandering the streets of Cardiff looking for a pubthat was showung it, my mate was ringing me with updates. With 20 minutes left i found 'the sports bar', stools in tables, lights off. Failed.

The feeling over this way is a strange one. We've won games comfortably and got less satisfaction than we got from the game on Wednesday. People are upbeat because our team of youngsters almost matched the team who will win the league at a canter. Which Wrexham will of course.

I think on another day we might just have won it. We had an 18 year old at centre half and he is very raw. Great at times, terrible at others. Thought the first pen was soft but our lad was daft for making that sort of challenge in the box.

Our average age on the night was 21 and our oldest player 24. Two 18 year olds and two at 19 including the keeper. I think that above all else was the difference between the two teams. Keates in midfield, Morrell and Wright up top. People have stopped calling for us to bring in old heads because it's not our way anymore. Even Crewe have always had their teams full of youngsters surrounded by 2 or 3 30-somethings. We can't afford them, it seems.

Looking forward to seeing how this team we've got progresses. We're starting to see stability for the first time in 5 years and it shows on the pitch.

'Which Wrexham will of course'

Hmmm.

I always get a bad feeling when people say that about a team's chances, I've heard similar too many times in recent years about Leeds' chances in whatever competition... and when opposing supporters say it about us then it almost always goes to shit.  Hope yours doesn't, S.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I concur but given that I'm just looking for us to get enough points to avoid relegation every season, I'm not one of life's natural optimists. On that theme, having a man sent off for celebrating a goal in front of his team's travelling fans,not even taking his shirt off,just celebrating, leaves us well short of players this weekend and me feeling comfortably downbeat.

With Wrexham marching to glory, the new working title for this thread is

Luton, Luton here we  come, Luton here we come.

We're currently losing three nil at home to 4th bottom Lincoln... don't change anything.

ObL69 wrote:

On that theme, having a man sent off for celebrating a goal in front of his team's travelling fans,not even taking his shirt off,just celebrating, leaves us well short of players this weekend and me feeling comfortably downbeat.

Only just seen this.

His antics during the game should have seen him sent off way before the late pen.

Walking towards, and offering out a 5000 seater stand (twice) was rewarded with nish.

That was after he scored the first pen and walked right up to the same stand. He acted like a cunt and deserved the second yellow, if not for celebrating after the second pen, his dickhead behaviour before it.

Aaaahh, over sensitive, he's only little. anyway, he's a Red, he hates Chester/Cheshire..

It's nice to have some sort of incident/needle with a player.

Most in this league are complete unknowns even to me, and I'm a bad geek.

There's such a thing as a good one, SE? tongue

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I think he means bad as in real.. Anyway geeks are cool at the moment OC, didn't your kids tell you? They're all wearing big frame national health style specs with clear plastic lenses.
Sadly, in my world and maybe SE's, it means buying the Non-League Paper on a Sunday and knowing who plays at The Lamb ground.

Shit, I have kids?  No one told me, goddammit! tongue

Love Leeds, Hate Bates