Topic: High speed internet

Just upgraded to high speed internet. Been used to 2.7mbs for years now I get 40mbs. Result. Streaming aint jittery any more.

Fucked my Homeplugs up like - 2 days of ip reconfiguring and the like. Seems to be working now

Manage to wangle a deal with me ISP that means I only pay about 3 quid more for 12 months.

Wel pleased

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Re: High speed internet

Who you with, what you pay?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Re: High speed internet

luxury_scruff wrote:

Who you with, what you pay?

I was with Sky and stayed with them. Supposed to be £20 pm for unlimited but they are waiving my telephone rental for 12 months so it works oit about £2.50 more a month. You have to pay £50 'activation' fee which basically means a BT Openreach engineer comes and installs one of their modems and changes the master sockets faceplate. Sky provide you with their aweful standard modem which has had a firmware change put on it to support the protocols of fibre.

You can get other modems and change their firmware to support fibre (well technically its FTTC - so that last bit from the cabinet in the street to your home is the same copper wiring)

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"