Where can I order it?

Re: Bradford Ointment Book

Boots?

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Oi Codge watch your step, he´s one of the West Bowling Casual Army, you don´t mess with those boys.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

http://www.site-fusion.co.uk/files/writeable/uploads/webfusion68100/image/mug.jpg
http://www.site-fusion.co.uk/files/writeable/uploads/webfusion68100/image/t-shirt-page-0011.jpg

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Mugs! smile Unbelievably shit cover picture too...

Front cover looks like Joey Dalliday, Paul Ryan and Norman Fontaine.

When the Ointment were the treatment in a panel beater's mind.

Fuck off Holme Wood and Canterbury Ave you scruffy tramps.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Seen as it's your first post, I'm guessing you already know where you can get it, you're just trying to stir up interest. Be much better if you just posted in the Books section that Bradford have got a hooligan book out and then gave us a review.

Could actually be a half decent read if it's some of those lot from the 80s involved in it.

Cuts wrote:

Seen as it's your first post, I'm guessing you already know where you can get it, you're just trying to stir up interest. Be much better if you just posted in the Books section that Bradford have got a hooligan book out and then gave us a review.

Could actually be a half decent read if it's some of those lot from the 80s involved in it.

Never really came across them, apart from a West Riding Cup game at theirs back in 77ish.

I know they had some lads, but there seemed as many Leeds, Mancs and Mickeys and they all seemed to coexist.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

I wonder if it mentions their dodgy politics, where they mostly rabid NF/BNP?

No idea, only met a few briefly in 86 and never socially.

I'd like to know how many book, T shirt, cup combos they sell.

In the photo on the book cover are they accusing each other of scrawling OT on some gentleman's car as the Police swoop ?

Ah, the 70s. Coppers let the white lads get on with the scrapping and arrest the black bloke walking past for well, being black.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

The black guy is actually an under cover cop, and white, who infiltrated the gang. The white guy pointing is a local grass and the other guy is the gang. It's from the very early days of The Ointment when they/he was simply known as Ointment.

Cuts wrote:

The black guy is actually an under cover cop, and white, who infiltrated the gang

They nicked him to make it look authentic, charge photo
http://www.colorlines.com/archival_images/blackface.jpg

Sat chuckling at that 'ointment' line.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Cuts wrote:

It's from the very early days of The Ointment when they/he was simply known as Ointment.

Germolene to his friends.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Oh dear....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot … 92860.html

Perhaps they'll make them replay at the Camp Nou like they did us...

Last edited by Djpekingman (Fri 07 Dec 2012 7:18 pm)

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

FREE POSTAGE FOR SIGNED COPIES FROM : flashybladebooks.co.uk
IMMEDIATE DISPATCH
INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE IMAGES OF events  SURROUNDING ODSAL 1986.