Re: David Haigh, Cornishman, Tory, Leeds fanatic

Pretty much standard over here. I know a couple who couldn't keep up with their mortgage, got two years and the lad was regularly knocked around inside.

6 months for bouncing a cheque, 1 to  2 years for missing a payment on a loan.

That's why loads of people do the midnight flight out without telling anyone, leaving the car at the airport.

Haigh should have known better..

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 08 Apr 2016 10:02 pm)

#DoTheDai \o/

Still not sure why the f**k I'm here..

#DoTheDai \o/

How's the young un KOTS?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

king of the slums wrote:

Pretty much standard over here. I know a couple who couldn't keep up with their mortgage, got two years and the lad was regularly knocked around inside.

That's why loads of people do the midnight flight out without telling anyone, leaving the car at the airport.

Their rules

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Harvest wrote:

How's the young un KOTS?

She's ace, 5 months last week, right handful, but wouldn't change her one bit..

#DoTheDai \o/

Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Their rules

That's the thing, he was a 'seasoned Dubai businessman' - should have known better if GHF had an axe to grind...

There's a Canadian lad over here, aircraft maintenance, posted that he wasn't happy with his overtime hours on Facebook, got 6 months as his employer said it was a personal attack on them, went to court to argue the toss got put down.

Haigh should have known this..

Last edited by king of the slums (Sat 09 Apr 2016 5:21 am)

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Their rules

That's the thing, he was a 'seasoned Dubai businessman' - should have known better if GHF had an axe to grind...

There's a Canadian lad over here, aircraft maintenance, posted that he wasn't happy with his overtime hours on Facebook, got 6 months as his employer said it was a personal attack on them, went to court to argue the toss got put down.

I suspect he had an air of arrogance and entitlement.

king of the slums wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Their rules

Put down... thats a bit faaarkin strong

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Sat 09 Apr 2016 12:41 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Their rules

They invited him back under the guise of a promotion, so I suspect he would have had little sense that they may nail him. And if helping yourself to 'expenses' is the soup du jour with M.E. venture capitalists, there is simply no way he could have known? Or have I missed a piece?

Last edited by Mitaman (Mon 11 Apr 2016 2:10 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

They invited him back under the guise of a promotion, so I suspect he would have had little sense that they may nail him. And if helping yourself to 'expenses' is the soup du jour with M.E. venture capitalists, there is simply no way he could have known? Or have I missed a piece?

I meant in general.

Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

Is it just me who finds the whole story bizarre?

It's bizarre that he or the press think anyone gives a shit.

This. Fuck him.

At it again.  Long "woe is me" piece in the Heiny Ho. Who gives a shit.  As far as I'm concerned he was part and parcel of one of the worst outfits to ever have any involvement with Leeds.  He wasn't a victim, he was a willing participant in it for financial gain.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

It's bizarre that he or the press think anyone gives a shit.

This. Fuck him.

At it again.  Long "woe is me" piece in the Heiny Ho. Who gives a shit.  As far as I'm concerned he was part and parcel of one of the worst outfits to ever have any involvement with Leeds.  He wasn't a victim, he was a willing participant in it for financial gain.

Exactly, you 'lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas' as they say.. Tough shit.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I actually feel sorry for him, no one comes out of a UAE prison a full sixpence, he'll have been abused, especially being in for steeling, he'll have got daily kickings and threatened with guns, all part and parcel of being inside over there.

Still, if he's clever there's a book in it for him, then the charity work and TV appearances, thing is it'll change nothing as the UK's in the pockets of the UAE and Saudis, if you can't do the time, etc, etc..

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:

I actually feel sorry for him, no one comes out of a UAE prison a full sixpence, he'll have been abused, especially being in for steeling, he'll have got daily kickings and threatened with guns, all part and parcel of being inside over there.

Still, if he's clever there's a book in it for him, then the charity work and TV appearances, thing is it'll change nothing as the UK's in the pockets of the UAE and Saudis, if you can't do the time, etc, etc..

Doesn't it bother you that his angle is still Leeds and he thinks we are his audience?  A man who was part of GFH and not a bystander in their skullduggery. 

There must be many who have suffered similar with  much less access to legal counsel and will possibly still be inside.

Bothers me more that the YEP seem content to give him column inches.

I'm sure he's been through hell but he went over there knowing the type of people he was dealing with. If he'd have been in on the swindle we might still be up shit creek today.

Last edited by Cuts (Wed 05 Jul 2017 3:46 am)

Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Doesn't it bother you that his angle is still Leeds and he thinks we are his audience?  A man who was part of GFH and not a bystander in their skullduggery. 

There must be many who have suffered similar with  much less access to legal counsel and will possibly still be inside.

Just feel sorry for him because of the bird he's had to do, the rest can fuck off and like you say, people like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Bradley_Brown are more deserving of the column inches..

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Just feel sorry for him because of the bird he's had to do, the rest can fuck off and like you say, people like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Bradley_Brown are more deserving of the column inches..

Same with Pete 'Turkish' Margetts who some on here know from his East End Park days.
http://www.detainedindubai.org/single-p … cial-crime

Is he still locked up? Fucking hell. Lived with a good mate of mine in Crossgates for a while. Played the odd game of five aside with us. More of a towny than anything. Horrible situation.

I am not sure about his business dealings, but if his crime is bounced cheques, then this seems harsh in the extreme. Particularly when you consider what most businessmen get away with the world over.

From what I was told it's not bounced cheques. Not even sure he committed a crime. Something a long the lines of deposits that were understood to be used to finance development then for some reason demanded returned, partner left him holding the fort. Simplified but it sounds like he got totally screwed, poor sod.

You cannot bounce cheques in the UAE, if you put a post dated cheques in as a deposit or as a instalment on an agreed  payment and that cheque is presented to the bank, you better hope there's money to cover it. If not, jail time and if a substantial amount, then you're looking at 20 years.

This is why people with debt in the UAE, simply disappear one day, leaving their house full of possessions and their car at the airport, it's called the midnight flit, there's a company that sells the motors on for the airport and the cars left there go into the 100's on a monthly basis.

#DoTheDai \o/

So glad to have got out and made sure to clear everything as I did as the UAE now have a process of red-flagging you with Interpol as well. That being said, I might have a cable TV charge as I didn't cancel it in the way they would have wanted, 1/2 a day wait down the cable company office, loads of forms and stamps to get, just sent them a letter claiming the 2 year contract I agreed to was now up with it being 24 months and I was gone. Here's hoping there's not a wanted poster doing the rounds for me out there...  smile

#DoTheDai \o/

Cuts wrote:

From what I was told it's not bounced cheques. Not even sure he committed a crime. Something a long the lines of deposits that were understood to be used to finance development then for some reason demanded returned, partner left him holding the fort. Simplified but it sounds like he got totally screwed, poor sod.

Not buisness partners but swiss airline pilots who disappeared leaving him with the carnage

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

On PM on Radio 4 now.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

On PM on Radio 4 now.

Did he have much to say?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.