Re: China Crisis tour

gore wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
gore wrote:

Now, now - that 'driving away from home' one was tops.

It's Immaterial!

What do you mean their one good song isn't relevant ?

Hark at Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen!
Bet you wear the George Melly hat and pinstripe too lol

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

big_smile enjoy..

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

gore wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
gore wrote:

Now, now - that 'driving away from home' one was tops.

It's Immaterial!

What do you mean their one good song isn't relevant ?

You lined that up well.

gore wrote:

big_smile enjoy..

Not sure how relevant that is but pissed myself. "whether gay or straight or bender"

old yeadonian wrote:

Gigs lined up for Otley in October and Knaresborough in November so gonna catch either /or.

and before you ask Gore..the bingo is before and the pie and peas after!

is it Korks ?

Will look at going to that.

otis wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

Gigs lined up for Otley in October and Knaresborough in November so gonna catch either /or.

and before you ask Gore..the bingo is before and the pie and peas after!

is it Korks ?

Will look at going to that.

Yep..a Friday night too so if you're up for it can meet up in the Bowling Green first (Wetherspoons),
LS..what about you?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

im up for that for deffo, sure HJ and his missus will be as wel.

there on sale in jumbo £16.50

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

OY paid for tickets for this at otley, you off?

otis wrote:

OY paid for tickets for this at otley, you off?

Yeah,bought 2 earlier this week.
Can arrange a meet,nearer the time.

I can't say about Otley until nearer the time, due to Dad duties.

Mind you the capacity is 100 so no doubt it'll be sold out easily by then.

If I can I will.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

I can't say about Otley until nearer the time, due to Dad duties.

Mind you the capacity is 100 so no doubt it'll be sold out easily by then.

If I can I will.

They also allow a set number to pay in on the night apparently (25 or so).

im in and looking forward to it , cheers otis

no problem

old yeadonian wrote:

no problem

is old yeadonian and otis the same person ?

Yes - he adopts the Otis moniker when he thinks the thread needs a lift.

I'll get me coat.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Nice one.

Otis

This Friday innit?

placidcasual wrote:

This Friday innit?

Doors open at 8 apparently.

Me and her indoors landing at the Wetherspoons (Bowling Green) just round the corner at 7 ish.

Roll call please.

Barbour,Clarks & chunky knits  for the Otley countryside and musical fare ?

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Roll call please.

Barbour,Clarks & chunky knits  for the Otley countryside and musical fare ?

me otis gobby tubby and b , went in tubbys vw camper van very nice too a bit like the scooby doo mystery machine with led lighting and a pop up telly honestly when we met in the griffin in town it looked like we were getting a free lift to the lap dancing bar , got to otley had one in the rose and crown i think then headed for korks china crisis were already on stage everyone seated there was a bit of tumble weed moment half way thru a song as we walked across the back of seats even gary daly wondering what had just walked in no barbour how about bubble coat and shorts chequed shirts and clarks/mephisto.s , they played two sets with an interlude between , the second half being the best whishful thinging working with fire and steel christian the usual , but it was the shock from tubby and gobby that a band they,d like for 30years or so had a gay singer or so they thought "he,s not gay" he,s married with kids ! end of the gig they came out to sighn cd,s and stuff , we were shouting over to gary and eddie for photos but they kept there distance , although one of me otis and gary daly surfaced this morning from gobby , back to the rose and crown ? for otleys late night disco a site for sore eyes when we asked for china crisis and he played the highest high whilst otis danced to the words of john the boxer , back to tubbys vw mystery machine to leeds i got a taxi home so did gobby , otis and b (omar shariff) went heading for flares , felt a bit rough this morning , great gig and company .

must also add that "christian" live is one of the few things that has me transfixed totally for 3mins

Last edited by hendersonjones (Sat 11 Oct 2014 3:56 pm)

New stuff sound any good?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

think they plated 2/3 new ones from the forthcoming album one was called "fool" sounded good

My standard reply when anyone posts a good honest review of anything noteworthy on here seems to be 'nice one'.

Nice one HJ.

Site stalwart.

hendersonjones wrote:
luxury_scruff wrote:

think they plated 2/3 new ones from the forthcoming album one was called "fool" sounded good

Agree..the new ones were good,although the best for me last night was African and White..always preferred the live version of that.

Started the night in Wetherspoons then over to the Rose and Crown,had a lovely couple of pints of Stout in there before landing at Korks for the gig at about half 8.

We got seats near the front which was a bonus...which inevitably meant the wife jumping on stage at one point for a dance...yes HJ...that was my missus...par for the course that! (I was the one with the white sweatshirt sat next to her cringing!).

2 things to note about Gary Daly.

1. How camp was he?
2.He has a weird dress sense...shit,tie,jacket,slacks and fucking pumps...what's all that about?

Went to that little boutique bar near Spoons after for another couple and had a giggle outside afterwards, watching those young lads kick shit out of each other in the middle of the road,whilst waiting for our taxi about midnightish...seems Otley never changes!

All in all,top night,good gig,particularly the second set.