Re: China Crisis tour

under the arches wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

Can't get that Autumn in the Neighbourhood album for love nor money..anyone any ideas seeing as the Pledge Music project has closed now?

Yes I want a copy of this. As you say impossible. Not on I tunes either , nor Amazon. I have heard the lead track live last year. Nice

There are torrents about.....

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

They're being interviewed on Radcliffe and Marconie this week I think.

Djpekingman wrote:
under the arches wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:

Can't get that Autumn in the Neighbourhood album for love nor money..anyone any ideas seeing as the Pledge Music project has closed now?

Yes I want a copy of this. As you say impossible. Not on I tunes either , nor Amazon. I have heard the lead track live last year. Nice

There are torrents about.....

What's the weather got to do with it?

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Check your email.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

7 days left...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Check your email.

Thanking you brother!

Korks revisited last night.

Good,very good.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21167781_1139336629543310_3365797412070821286_o.jpg?oh=f0ff2110c8ce2522e4941bd14ee17f0b&oe=5A14BC61

Annual gig at Korks last night.
Seem to get better with age.

A nice mixture of slower,laid back stuff for the first half,intertwined with tracks from their recent album Autumn in the Neighbourhood.
Then they stepped it up after the interval with more upbeat tunes including an ace version of African and White,made better by a brilliant contribution from a new sax player...young Swiss lad.
Nice tribute to Walter Becker too with a fantastic,extended version of Bigger the Punch I'm Feeling from the Flaunt the Imperfection album.

All in all a great night and I'm tempted to have another squint tonight for their second gig, as the gadge on the door reckons so many can pay at the door.

Oh and Expanding Man.....Eddie says Hi!

Ace.

I'll see him in London for Steely Dan in a couple of weeks.

whyIoughta - they're playing St. Helen's Citadel Friday 10th November...

Expanding Man wrote:

Ace.

I'll see him in London for Steely Dan in a couple of weeks.

whyIoughta - they're playing St. Helen's Citadel Friday 10th November...

I know mate thanks, but I’m living in the Midlands now. They’re playing Cov and Wolves 25/26th. I was toying with the idea of going to the Wolves show.

Good to hear - intrigued to hear your new general area - Worcester?

Nah, nothing as Rive Gauche as Worcester. Sutton Coldfield. Hanging with the fops.

whyIoughta wrote:

Nah, nothing as Rive Gauche as Worcester. Sutton Coldfield. Hanging with the fops.

I'm watching a bike on eBay owned by a guy from Sutton Coldfield

You're not selling a Specialized Tarmac are you?  61" frame with Ultegra Di2?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Good price on that bike

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Good price on that bike

True

No one else has bid on it which worries me a little - the wheels and Di2 are a huge upgrade from original spec and the frame itself is a cracker for the price

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Birthday present of the Cavern Club on my own. I'm in Scotland two day later and will aim to do Oran Mor in Glasgow on my own.

Puredeadbrilliaint...

I'm the man at the back rather than the yoot at the front

Just remembering a chat with Gary Daly after a gig, and African and White is about the Toxteth Riots.

Life is a Fever in Israel is a dig at the press.

Artwork for Working With Fire and Steel features Alastair Reid's 'Weathering' Poems and Translations:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51iVrUM6oFL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29871711_1278395442304094_5341999286428607047_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=45785f532ec67f81428baf48b7cf5eb2&oe=5B71227A

Definitely want to go to that

I’ll have some of that too.

2 by me. Tempted by both.

Great album

I am just a common breed