Re: Cheese

Blue cheeses are ace, Danish, Roquefort, Gorgonzola, but the daddy is the Blue Stilton. Not as salty as Danish, not as obvious as Roquefort not as strong as Gorgonzola. It's strong, delicate, assertive yet not as obvious as its continental cousins. perfect with a plain wafer, jacobs cracker or indeed equally at home on a salt and vinegar crisp/stilton sandwich (butter not marg)

American cheese is utter SHIT.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 17 Apr 2015 12:00 am)

Yeah, it's not a cheap vice over here, not if you want the good stuff. Jad some ace stuff up in Quebec, straight off the farm. That said, there's a lad on Union Square at the Farmer's Market who makes some good stuff Upstate.

It's always butter (Kerry Gold), that other stuff is poison.

placidcasual wrote:

Blue cheeses are ace, Danish, Roquefort, Gorgonzola, but the daddy is the Blue Stilton. Not as salty as Danish, not as obvious as Roquefort not as strong as Gorgonzola. It's strong, delicate, assertive yet not as obvious as its continental cousins. perfect with a plain wafer, jacobs cracker or indeed equally at home on a salt and vinegar crisp/stilton sandwich (butter not marg)

American cheese is utter SHIT.

Blue stilton melted onto a rare T bone steak.

Eating tofu and hating it.

luxury_scruff wrote:

I've had slugs, frogs legs and hairy French women. But I've never had moles.

You fucking pioneer you. Bon chance mon ami. Mauvais mott pour moi.

Ha ha, alas I meant moules.    I've had snails in France and Belgium, in Belgium they have then neat i.e. boiled and no garlic butter, rank they are.  They should stick to chocolate and beer.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I've just dropped my cheese and onion sarnie all over the office floor. I am executing the 5 second rule

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Reggie Perrin wrote:
luxury_scruff wrote:

Ha ha, alas I meant moules.    I've had snails in France and Belgium, in Belgium they have then neat i.e. boiled and no garlic butter, rank they are.  They should stick to chocolate and beer.

Ever had one of these bad boys?

http://culinotests.fr/images/andouillette_45_t.jpg

It always put me off snails when I watched one of those trendy cook blokes who would gather snails from his garden and put them in a box with a load of lettuce leaves for a week so as to flush out any impurities such as dog shit that the snail may have snacked on.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

placidcasual wrote:

What the fuck is that? Looks like a burst scrotum.

placidcasual wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
luxury_scruff wrote:

No but I would give it a go even thought of chitterlings etc has never really appealed to me.  Cue gags about eating out pigs' arseholes.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Fri 17 Apr 2015 2:39 pm)

Its an andouillette. A sausage made from pigs stomach or colon containing all the horrors of the pig world. Think Im a celebrity jungle nonsense in sausage format.

placidcasual wrote:

Its an andouillette. A sausage made from pigs stomach or colon containing all the horrors of the pig world. Think Im a celebrity jungle nonsense in sausage format.

gag.......now if you deep fried it and sprinkled it with MSG it would probably be ace.

They are truly disgusting, and that one is an extremely disgusting version of the form. Tried them once. Left it. Snails. Once. Tasted like hot raw sewage or rather how I'd imagine hot raw sewage would taste.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:

They are truly disgusting, and that one is an extremely disgusting version of the form. Tried them once. Left it. Snails. Once. Tasted like hot raw sewage or rather how I'd imagine hot raw sewage would taste.

Snails don't really taste of anything, more a textured protein.  It's why the French are smart and lather them in garlic butter and the Belgians are shit twats and boil them into school erasers.

This Xmas I will be working through:

Isla of Mull Cheddar
Northumbrian Cheviot
Harrogate Blue
Farmhouse Lancashire

The Isle of Mull is immense!!

At that stage in life when I'd sooner go to the cheese store than the offie. What's the proper term, Cheesemonger?

Last edited by Cutsyke (Sun 23 Dec 2018 8:46 pm)

Human kindness is overflowing

This time of year? Cheeses of Nazerath.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

This time of year? Cheeses of Nazerath.

Pennsylvania.

Human kindness is overflowing

This may be a British thing, but when I choose cheese i try to steer clear of the cheeses I can hear humming and the ones I can see moving.

People are Twats