Topic: Phil Jupitus

Saw his show last night.  The basic premise is he does three stints as a particular character and invites the audience to ask him questions about his life....  a bad idea when in our neck of the woods and the theatre is full of shit kickers, so it did get strained a bit at times and most of it went over the wifes head.

Threw him a bone and asked him a nice contextual question and was rewarded with a long lumbering tale of WWII espionage ending in him dressing up like a dog and being bummed by Churchill.

All in all, a good use of £15.

Eating tofu and hating it.

Re: Phil Jupitus

Phil Jupitus is the epitome of unfunny.  He has no redeeming comedy features and just stands on chairs and does a faux walking off thing to elicit something resembling a laugh.

He really is a weapon of the highest order.

Aim Low and miss...

Road manager for Beautiful South wasn't he?  And a poet?

Don't really see him as a comedian and don't mind him to be honest.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

He's OK on NMTB but if you go and see him live I guess you'd only have yourself to blame....?

Smug an 'orl

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

It was NMTB I was thinking of.

You can see his comedy demanour slipping away as the series stack up.

He was on 8 out 10 cats does countdown once and did Hikus (sp) Fucking Hikuas (again sp) - really?

when the week after you get Adam Buxton creating signs for caravans and reasons not to knock on their doors it clearly highlights Jupitus for the fucking chancer he is.  Stick to being the knowledge on Ian Dury ot summat.

Aim Low and miss...