Topic: Mephisto sale

£30 off Rainbows http://www.andersonsofdurham.com/en/men … shoes.html

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Re: Mephisto sale

that is good value , 150 I paid a few year back.

They are. I need a pair resoling as well. Buying a new pair might end up cheaper

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Not a fan but saw some suede boots by Mephisto in a shop window in France the other month which were very dapper.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Are they as comfy as the internet says they are? I'm tempted.

Yes.

They appear to only have them in boys' sizes......

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

What do you expect from the french? Should be relabelled Mincing shoes.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Very comfy shoes these.

Great shoe to look down on.

Cannot believe I fucking wrote that.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Djpekingman wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

What do you expect from the french? Should be relabelled Mincing shoes.

Quite like those Mephisto jobs to be fair. Story of my life having stuff that doesn't fit. Start high school and your cords, jeans, school kecks have to be at least 4-5 inches too long so they sit on your shoes. Lanky bastard here has to go to High and fucking Mighty to buy Wranglers that are three times the price of normal strides. Thank god for parents splitting up.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

All the normal sizes of gone then. They had 10.5 and above a few days ago.

Do they have to be worn with black jeans only?

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

I'm out if so. Winter round the corner and that. Brrrr

Yellow card to anybody wearing black jeans.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

I was in a Spa town in Hungary, was full of Eastern bloc wrinkleys taking the waters. They had one shoe shop with a fuck off Mephisto sign outside. Didnt sell the ones you lot like just loads of old dears shoes. Is that the Mephisto target market? Not digging just intrigued.

Well, it needs saying that that particular model is something of a dare I say it, Northern, 'casual' classic.

Lads of a certain age, of a certain off the radar approach to adhering and wearing certain things, effuse about them.

And then tell other people about them (like wot is happening here), and what happens then is confusion (like wot is happening here).

They are like Korsika, but from a different time.

But they are not from a limited freizeit range, they are walking shoes that are really comfy.

98.6% of the other models from the manufacturer are the kind of shoes people called Philip would wear.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Yellow card to anybody wearing black jeans.

Fuck that...it's a 10 match ban!!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Not many items in fashion are from the wrong market positioning these days, was refreshing to see wedges and flicks in horse riding and out door shops way back when. Fair play to the first person that strolled out with a pair of them on. Not many had them on Leeds from what I remember although I was a late comer.

I bought my first pair from a little shoe shop in Ambleside when the wAlking boot phase was going on. I'd never seen them in any shops before then and I didn't see them in shops for a good while after. Needless to say those blurts from Oipolloi were almost 20 years off the pace. Their best feature is that the distance between the end of the toe and the bottom eyelet is minimal and if this doesn't matter to you then fair enough. This matched with the chunky sole gives them a great profile. Oh, and they're comfy. Not like sticking your feet inside a feather pillow and immediately thinking 'fuck me, these are comfy'. No, it's more of a getting up early catching the trains, pounding concrete, linoleum and then more concrete, getting legged over some allotments, walking to the next station, mooching round town, going to the nightclub, walking home and the taking your shoes off and thinking 'fuck me, my feet feel like they're inside a feather pillow. And you'll never wear that sole down.

whyIoughta wrote:

I bought my first pair from a little shoe shop in Ambleside when the wAlking boot phase was going on. I'd never seen them in any shops before then and I didn't see them in shops for a good while after. Needless to say those blurts from Oipolloi were almost 20 years off the pace. Their best feature is that the distance between the end of the toe and the bottom eyelet is minimal and if this doesn't matter to you then fair enough. This matched with the chunky sole gives them a great profile. Oh, and they're comfy. Not like sticking your feet inside a feather pillow and immediately thinking 'fuck me, these are comfy'. No, it's more of a getting up early catching the trains, pounding concrete, linoleum and then more concrete, getting legged over some allotments, walking to the next station, mooching round town, going to the nightclub, walking home and the taking your shoes off and thinking 'fuck me, my feet feel like they're inside a feather pillow. And you'll never wear that sole down.

Brilliant. All about a pair of shoes. Bukowski can fuck right off.

whyIoughta wrote:

Good post.

Was you then the first Mephisto wearer?

I like the look of the Rainbows but to buy them now would be too much like chasing a scene for me as knew nothing of them. Dont wear much in the way of modern dressers stuff these days.

Scene chaser. Good term.

Wear them as walking shoes, as I did today. They are great mon.

Don't think they are that fashionable a look or a label now, as the scene has moved onto proto-DocMartens that take 10 minutes to put on and make your feet sweat like a naughty analogy.

Had 2 pairs that wear a lot in the Winter but would buy these as shoes to wear with corduroy tomorrow if they were cheaper.

http://www.oipolloi.com/cache/images/gallery/37363-1--450-auto.jpg

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

placidcasual wrote:
whyIoughta wrote:

Good post.

Was you then the first Mephisto wearer?

I like the look of the Rainbows but to buy them now would be too much like chasing a scene for me as knew nothing of them. Dont wear much in the way of modern dressers stuff these days.

More than likely not mate.

Get some bought. They do flatter if your one of those big footed fuckers (not sure if you are) and they look bob on with a pair of bootcut or straighties. Fuck that scene chaser nonsense. If you like something, nab it.

walking shoes,

What other kind of shoes are there?

Get a piece of cardboard stuffed in the hole in the sole of your Sambas and pray it doesn't rain.

Remember a lot of Mancs with Mephisto, always too rich for my blood. Made do with Kickers from the catolouge or Hush Puppy Suedes from Lewis

Last edited by Cuts (Mon 07 Oct 2013 2:21 am)