Topic: Betting on the Football--fao Foxy and Mol

So what's the best type of bet for placing ,say,10 results on the footy fixtures?

I normally just pick ten homes or aways and hand the coupon in but the woman behind the counter at the bookies yesterday blinded me with science,going on about doubles,trebles,accumulators blah blah.

No idea what she was on about so left the bet as was and fucked off back to the pub,but pretty sure she was saying there's a better way with bigger odds.

Over to the experts.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Re: Betting on the Football--fao Foxy and Mol

A few mates say both teams to score is a good one.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

It depends on how much you're looking to make. If you're betting on. 10 homes that's never going to come up. Try 5 matches and look at putting a draw in there which will boost your odds. I won £125 last week from a £2 stake on 4 results, QPR v Reading was the draw, plus Norwich to beat West Ham and a couple of others.

Site stalwart.

Yes it's hard to know what her angle was without knowing if she was trying to push you towards things like Yankees etc.

With short priced stuff Yankees etc are best avoided.

Harvest has more or less summed it up, it depends what you are looking to win.

One thing to consider, try picking just one team a week and rolling over the returns each week, until you either  get to a tidy sum you wouldn't want to risk or someone lets you down, but say you stake a fiver even if you end up losing that fiver  it might give you five weeks of a run rather than just the one.

Keeping it simple, the chance of getting ten selections in a row whether played on the same day or over a ten week period is the same, the advantage to the punter is that instead of picking ten selections from a pool of 60 games he's picking one selection from a pool of 60 games, ten times.

The bookies like you to bet in accumulators. So don't.

It's fucking hard picking one result, never mind ten. Look at last weekend... Chelsea fail to beat WBA, City lose to Sunderland, Spurs lose at home to Newcastle. Those results will have sunk thousands of accers.

Stick to perms if you do multiple bets, or doubles at the most.

"We are The Fall"

Just to add to YMAT's point, the firm i worked for our margins on singles was something like 4%, on multiples (doubles upward) it was around 20%.

Do a double on Leeds to lose and manu to win. I think its called an Aspirin.

Harvest wrote:

It depends on how much you're looking to make. If you're betting on. 10 homes that's never going to come up. Try 5 matches and look at putting a draw in there which will boost your odds. I won £125 last week from a £2 stake on 4 results, QPR v Reading was the draw, plus Norwich to beat West Ham and a couple of others.

That sounds more like it H.
Not a big gambler,just a bit of fun really,tenner tops if I,m honest.

I'll fuck the 10 results off and have a bash at the 5 mixed,rather than all homes.

Cheers all.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

I lost a lot of money doing the reverse of that bet in the 90s with an old guy from Donegal that I used to work with. Diehard Red. Never been to Manchester.

This, costs nowt and if you win it'll likely be me sorting your prize.

https://super6.skysports.com/

Last edited by Mol (Sun 17 Nov 2013 3:27 pm)

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Other than than, a Lucky 15 gives a decent chance.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Mol wrote:

This, costs nowt and if you win it'll likely be me sorting your prize.

https://super6.skysports.com/

Yeah do that.

£2 stake, £180 return, 3 draws, 2 Home wins.

Site stalwart.

Great work!

Can you please elbow Foxy aside as this site's main tipster?

Last edited by Young Marxist at Tescos (Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:11 pm)

"We are The Fall"

Harvest wrote:

£2 stake, £180 return, 3 draws, 2 Home wins.

Sack it. Its doesn't get much better than that.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

He works for bookies, when it comes down to it he doesn't really want us to win. From now on ignore everything he says, especially the Joy Division bit.

Site stalwart.

What's the Joy Division bit, Christmas Number 1?

I love a party with a happy Atmosphere

"We are The Fall"

No, 6-1 on them to reform with original line up.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

He works for bookies, when it comes down to it he doesn't really want us to win. From now on ignore everything he says, especially the Joy Division bit.

And all that other music he posts - kling, klang, klong.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:
Harvest wrote:

And all that other music he posts - kling, klang, klong.

I've retired from tipping on here, no longer a bookie, and there's nowt wrong with a bit of  Kling Klang Klong.

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Sun 15 Dec 2013 2:37 am)

I'm so glad I don't understand this post Imperial system betting. Saves me loosing loads. And that Parimutuel betting over here, Christ.

See where someone was selling Ian Curtis's table on eBay recently? Mad.

Premier draws today,

Stoke v Villa, West Brom v Hull, possibly Palace v Newcastle.
Mix up with 3 or 4 wins.

Site stalwart.

Foxy Dread wrote:

Yes it's hard to know what her angle was without knowing if she was trying to push you towards things like Yankees etc.

With short priced stuff Yankees etc are best avoided.

Harvest has more or less summed it up, it depends what you are looking to win.

One thing to consider, try picking just one team a week and rolling over the returns each week, until you either  get to a tidy sum you wouldn't want to risk or someone lets you down, but say you stake a fiver even if you end up losing that fiver  it might give you five weeks of a run rather than just the one.

Keeping it simple, the chance of getting ten selections in a row whether played on the same day or over a ten week period is the same, the advantage to the punter is that instead of picking ten selections from a pool of 60 games he's picking one selection from a pool of 60 games, ten times.

Bored at home, not wanting to go to the pub so started this with a £2 stake, I don't do the lottery, or at least i haven't done one for ages, this is my alternative.  So two teams selected with little thought, trying to turn 2 quid to over 6 quid which will then all go on at the weekend.

Derby and Wolves.

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Tue 28 Jan 2014 7:58 pm)

Ha 4/9 shots Derby losing at home 0-2.

Start again at the weekend £2, and on my own sports not football.