Topic: Speedbomb

Third novel in my Leeds 6 trilogy sees the return of Hamed and the Yardies, some serial killing and a spot of global politics thrown in for good measure. Thanks again to Mick McCann and his Armley Press. Here's a YouTube promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtW4fvUi_c

I'm gonna burn this motherfucker DOWN

Re: Speedbomb

Read it and can recommend.  Best of the trilogy for me.

An underworld fairy tale or aesop fable, the moral being "don't fuck with Hamed!"

Be saving that for my hols. Loved the first two.

Was football Terry based on Little Terry in the previous books?

In the first, there were Welsh Terry and Football Terry. One of 'em crops up in I think the third, but I'm fucked if I can remember which right now.

Keep up the good work mate. Loved all the stuff round the Royalie, used to hang about there in my 20's getting into bother. Not as deep in as your characters like.

It's back in stock on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speed-Bomb-John … speed+bomb

Not sure when we're going to have a launch party so here's vid of John reading at Blowback launch.

I’ll be an atheist until the day I die.

Just sorted out my reading material for my next sojourn in adolpheland. Better be better than that bloody encyclopedia.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:

Just sorted out my reading material for my next sojourn in adolpheland. Better be better than that bloody encyclopedia.

Er obviously Dj, John's a proper fucking writer, I'm just a talentless twat with an over-ripe ego and a keyboard.

And I can, of course, give you a full refund for HLCTW.

MickMcCann wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:

Er obviously Dj, John's a proper fucking writer, I'm just a talentless twat with an over-ripe ego and a keyboard.

And I can, of course, give you a full refund for HLCTW.

Of course you can Mick.

My word is my bond, here's mi hand here's mi heart.

DM me your email and I'll PayPal it......I don't even ask for proof of purchase any more.

Do you refund on lost ones? I had 96, but they've gone.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

gore wrote:

Do you refund on lost ones? I had 96, but they've gone.

No but if you want to get some replacements, I can give you a full 10p off each copy for 96.

MickMcCann wrote:

DM me your email and I'll PayPal it......I don't even ask for proof of purchase any more.

Oh come on Mick - if this gets out you'll have a queue of folk to the end your garden asking for a refund.

Djpekingman wrote:
MickMcCann wrote:

Oh come on Mick - if this gets out you'll have a queue of folk to the end your garden asking for a refund.

Nah, I dint sell that many.

How do I do it? Even book threads I don't mean to hi-jack, I do.

Speed Bomb is back in stock on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speed-Bomb-John … speed+bomb

Last edited by MickMcCann (Tue 28 Jan 2014 9:01 am)

Launch Party

We're a bit late but we're having a bash on the 29th of March at LS6 Bar on Hyde Park Corner.

If anyone has already bought it but want it signing or just fancy a few beers, come along, everyone welcome. I'm sure there'll be an after launch as well.

Right, launch party has been shifted to 19th of April same place (LS6 Bar - H P Corner, 7.30 pm) so the above post will disappear in a couple of days.

Soz, we discovered we were up against a gig the same night and couldn't afford a turf war.....it's family you understand. People we love. Dint want it getting messy.

I'd like to apologise to those of you who've already made arrangements and hope you can re-jig.

Last thing, if anyone who's read it fancies a one line review on amazon - sorry to ask but it helps - feel free but certainly no pressure, I hate flogging wink

Just n case any are interested, a little reminder that this is tomorrow night. There's a few might be coming off here and our lot are a friendly bunch.

MickMcCann wrote:

Just n case any are interested, a little reminder that this is tomorrow night. There's a few might be coming off here and our lot are a friendly bunch.

Im no expert but isnt the launch party supposed to be before the book is released?

Chin him Mick.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Chin him Mick.

He could do, I might be going if back from being away in time.

placidcasual wrote:
luxury_scruff wrote:

Chin him Mick.

He could do, I might be going if back from being away in time.

Never, I love placid. I'll get some mates to jump him tonight.

Soz Mick I remember now. I'll be there from about 8.

Placid bottled it then.

CBIT wrote:

Placid bottled it then.

Well yeah, but y'know, we knew that.....we din't need him though did we?

Good to see OMJers past and present. Thank y very kindly.

Fuck, I missed all that cos I head my stuck up my amp. Did we have a launch party? Anyway, check this out from our good friends at East Leeds Mag...

[video]