Re: Cellino

It barely makes reference to the neutral, the main thrust of the argument suggests such an existence is shit even for the supporters of the clubs.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I see that article above refers to the value of games to the neutral fan.  I've never, ever given one single shit about any other game (aside from the odd overseas preference I suppose) unless the result affects us.

It's Sky's problem if the game is uninteresting to the neutral I suppose, I would just rather see us dining at the top table so to speak and I don't really care what tactics Leeds adopt so long as they give it some fucking pasty and come off the field fucked.

I'd liek to see BMcD stay as he's a nice fella but if they are going to shower him with resources I suspect they will wan tto know why Murphy was out the side and Wooton and Zaliukas have been pony.

Hurled back to 1980 by that! Quality.  big_smile

You're not Greg A, Dodder of Chris W. in disguise are you?

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

The arrest warrant described Cellino as a man "of marked criminal tendencies... capable of using every kind of deception to achieve his ends"

Lovin it....

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

This ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/15/article-1243469-07DB4850000005DC-227_468x286.jpg

This...

http://rightinthegarykellys.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/GFH.jpg

or this...

http://www.enterprise-holdings.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Portrait_Andrew_John_Flowers_coloured.png

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

This ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/15/article-1243469-07DB4850000005DC-227_468x286.jpg

This...

http://rightinthegarykellys.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/GFH.jpg

or this...

http://www.enterprise-holdings.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Portrait_Andrew_John_Flowers_coloured.png

Thought you weren't a fan of brown leather jackets?

if it was suede I'd be at ER as his protection unit.

. Mr Byrite suits with those square toed slip ons to match.

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Tue 04 Feb 2014 7:33 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

if it was suede I'd be at ER as his protection unit.

. Mr Byrite suits with those square toed slip ons to match.

You start your I'm for Massimo campaign and I'm in.

Has Fulmine owt to say about Cellino? You know Italian stuff and that.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Said something on twitter, i've forgot what though, it wasn't damning of him. Popular with Caligari's supporters.

Our new owner rocks;

http://youtu.be/rnWp4Ye5uz4

I'd have David Haigh as more a Celine Dion type.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

Logic screams no, but i have to admit there is a bit of me that thinks this could be fun.

Hope he's too much about him to turn into a Sam Hamman - one of the boys clone.

Fulmine - Feb 4

@Mayo_GodHelpUs Hi mate - bit dodgy, sure, but hardly huge villain. Good record at Cagliari, young players, decent football. Big character.

Placid's asking on Twitter now, so here it is.

Seldom Seen Kid wrote:

Our new owner rocks;

http://youtu.be/rnWp4Ye5uz4

I'd have David Haigh as more a Celine Dion type.

If he builds his UK profile a bit it won't be long before Matthew Kelly is banging him on Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes.

Have we had this yet?

''@sport_simon: Cellino: "I was running a fiat 500 in Italy. Now I have the chance to run a Ferrari." #lufc @SunSportNow''

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:

''@sport_simon: Cellino: "I was running a fiat 500 in Italy. Now I have the chance to run a Ferrari." #lufc @SunSportNow''

It's been more like a fucking Wartburg these last few years. He's got his work cut out.

Last edited by Djpekingman (Sun 09 Feb 2014 7:32 am)

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Why no one wanted to buy Leeds - here's the latest piecing together about who was/is taking what. A few things that make me laugh. Says GFH paid 22m, the original deal was stated as 42m in their announcements... so? Oh and the wage bill is now more than 15m (must be all the new players), and GFH are billing for 'services'. lol

Right. Like the rest of the stuff coming out of Leeds, the numbers don't add up - apart from the confirm that GFH are milking big time and make you wonder whether their 'personal investments' were just charge and lend backs. 

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/foo … tdown.html

Cellino has agreed to pay £24m in cash for his stake in the club, with £5m payable upon completion, a further £6m within 12 months, and £13m spread across the  following two years. GFH will also receive another £9.5m if Leeds are promoted to the Premier League, at any point.

In addition, Cellino will take responsibility for all the Leeds debts, understood to be between  £11m-£20m, and fund the club’s cashflow. Leeds are believed to be losing around £1m a month, largely thanks to a wage bill of around £2m a month.

GFH paid £22m for Leeds in  December 2012, and so stand to make an £11.5m profit from the  Cellino deal if Leeds win promotion to the Premier League.

One source says GFH have invoiced the club for a variety of ‘services rendered’ during their stewardship, and that an invoice for around $3.6m (£2.2m) ‘landed recently’.

It is not known if this will be counted as club debt following the sale to Cellino. ‘There certainly isn’t any cash to pay it now,’ said an insider. Cellino  discussed an option to buy the remaining 25 per cent of Leeds for a further £12m but it is not clear if this is part of the final agreement.

Upon GFH’s Leeds takeover 14 months ago, Salem Patel, who is head of investment management at GFH,  promised that money was ‘in place’ to make Leeds a success. Yet by last March, just three months after the takeover, Leeds were so short of cash that they required a £1m loan  from former owner Ken Bates to pay that month’s wages.

‘If they really had assets in the hundreds of millions of pounds, as they claimed, why did I have to lend them £1m last March to pay wages?’ Bates told The Mail on Sunday. ‘I lent them that to help them out. But then I had to put in a statutory demand last summer to get it back.’
Bates says he eventually got his £1m back after legal action and he confirmed that GFH have no  outstanding debts owing to him.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

GFH Out!

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

In a way GFH were neccessary in that you had to be well bent to deal with the corkscrew that was Bates.

Hopefully Cellino's pockets will be deep enough to pay off the last of the robber barons and we can be a proper cunt free club again (apart from the supporters).

Eating tofu and hating it.

Picking up the pieces of the mess outlined above shows firstly that Cellino is desperate to buy into the premier and that Flowers' might be a mug but he's not that big a mug.

The fact that GFH were offshore and therefore you can charge fees that are only audited at one end was probably a big factor in both the sale to GFH and GFH's sale to the new bloke.

The stunts GFH have pulled are just what you'd expect of someone trying to make a few quid out of a cash generating business - the fact that they're inept and skint just adds to the hilarity. And the fact that Haigh stays as CEO suggests he needs to be there until the books have been signed off so that the new bod has no legal exposure. Or maybe I am being a cynic.

The ONLY comfort with Cellino is that he seems to see football as the business, not the cash cow for other interests and lifestyles. He is probably mental though.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Foxy Dread wrote:

Picking up the pieces of the mess outlined above shows firstly that Cellino is desperate to buy into the premier and that Flowers' might be a mug but he's not that big a mug.

Problem with that, is that the article isn't based on fact. Its based on a variety of leaks and guesswork. Good as it is, its got a few things wrong, just based on previously published statements- like the original sale prices, which was called at 42m to the Bahrain stock exchange and valued on their books as such etc...

And Cellino is offshore as well, so you never really know.

I've read so much I forget half of it and don't remember where I've read the rest but something that stuck in my mind was someone saying that Cagliari sold off a lot of decent players and managed to just do enough year on year to keep getting the TV money. How true that is I have no idea but if it is it suggests he's happy with mid- table obscurity.

I don't really mind who owns the club, I wouldn't have cared about Bates to be honest, if they put a decent side out and try win games.

Brooklyn White called it on GFH when they first bought the club. I'm not going through old posts but I remember putting up a post about them and starting with a mate of mine who's a Wall Street type.... and getting Of course he is as a response. Implying I was either making it up or my mate knew fuck all.

gore wrote:

The fact that GFH were offshore and therefore you can charge fees that are only audited at one end was probably a big factor in both the sale to GFH and GFH's sale to the new bloke.

The stunts GFH have pulled are just what you'd expect of someone trying to make a few quid out of a cash generating business - the fact that they're inept and skint just adds to the hilarity. And the fact that Haigh stays as CEO suggests he needs to be there until the books have been signed off so that the new bod has no legal exposure. Or maybe I am being a cynic.

The ONLY comfort with Cellino is that he seems to see football as the business, not the cash cow for other interests and lifestyles. He is probably mental though.

were just charge and lend backs - That is probably what the 2m bill is for.