Re: New Blood Required

hendersonjones wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

I do think it's become more snidey rather than just banter, but this probably reflects the age demographic on here. More old gits than anything else.

What happened to JCIG?

oh do keep up 90pies http://www.onemickjones.com/forum/viewt … p?id=23242

Ain't seen that before. Is he playing the band's manager then? I don't know famous, or about to be famous, people you see!

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Toronto Ted wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Where's Misura these days?

not been around since it was suggested he was somewhat famous...unless that's just coincidence!
decent poster too,liked his tales when on his travels.

People have ben guessing on this for ages, LS was the first to suggest PH I think.
So he's not around because he's pulling pints in Salford and and going on tour with Jackie.

Gore knows.

As for OMJ. it is what it is … if you think its shit (this goes for everybody), post stuff up for reaction/ debate or don't complain. Simple.
But is has become very Little England big_smile

Who's PH? Gizza clue

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Paul Heaton. Sheffield, liking for italian football, dancing … Not apparently. Ask Gore. I don't know, so he's Paul Heaton for me smile

Take off hosers ...

Couldn't give a monkey's who he is, he's always seemed alright on here.

Which is why I never asked. Be good if he comes back on, as NNC called him, 'The Alan Whicker of OMJ' - the Tangiers escapade springs to mind of his tales from abroad.

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Mon 03 Mar 2014 2:03 am)

Take off hosers ...

Hasn't mentioned cycling around from gig to gig in the Cranked Up Really High thread. Yes Tangiers thread was a good one.

Toronto Ted wrote:

Paul Heaton. Sheffield, liking for italian football, dancing … Not apparently. Ask Gore. I don't know, so he's Paul Heaton for me smile

I have no idea who he is. That was just a wind up that I kept pushing as he bit big_smile

He's a good lad and great poster. For a dee da

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

You brown nosing set of bastards. big_smile

Had a shit three months tbh, i picked up a bastard of a chest infection that fucked my lungs up and at one point my blood oxygen levels were so low i was going to be admitted to hospital. I was set to go to the milan derby pre-xmas, and had decided to make an adventure out of it, flying into geneva, having an evening there, catching the trans alpino to milan, watching atalanta v. juve and th emilan derby, and then catching the train from milan to paris and flying home from paris. All booked and paid for, and due to some scrotes stealing cabling at sheffield, my train was delayed and it all fell through.

I then went to the dordogne for new years, and was walking up a steep hill to look at a chateau on new years day and had chest pains, dizziness and sickness. Ended up in brieve hospital with a suspected heart attack. They did the tests and it wasn't however, since then, i've been in and out of hospital with a fucked heart. Eight trips to A&E. Ended up having a radial coronary angiogram. The plumbing appears to be okay, but the fucker is beating like a stopped clock. Funny rhythms and dizziness. The last test i had was a 24hr heart monitor, which i'm waiting the results of. £2.5k it's cost me so far in consultants & tests, and the fuckers from brieve have billed me for e250, which i thought i'd escaped.

In the interim, i managed to squeeze in Monaco v. PSG. Flew liverpool to nice and stayed in a hotel near the station, nothing fancy, but well located and good value. I went with a couple of mates, so decided to fly into monaco on the afternoon of the game by helicopter. Took about 10mins, but was ace mons. First time i've been to the principality, and it wasn't much to write home about to be honest. Mooched about until the game. Monaco has two harbours, and there is a pub on the smaller one where the monaco ultras go. Got there just as the police tol dthem to stop serving. Had a brief chat with a few of them, pissed up and good natured, but about 50 robo cops turned up and we fucked off. They'd got all the gear on and a few had what looked like rubber bullet guns/tear gas launchers. As we walked to the stadium another 20 or so of the fuckers came jogging passed us towards the pub, in the same gear. I don't know what they were expecting. Saying that there were loads of PSG fans knocking about. Very odd stadium and it appears to have been designed not to look like a stadium from the outside. It's sat tight on a road and a block of flats. The stadium has got fuck all facilities and everyone had to make do with portaloos. Loads of PSG in the home section and no one appeared to give a fuck when they scored. Very poor game, finished 1-1 but it lacked any real intensity or passion. Monaco are a level below PSG, who themselves aren't any great shakes. The left back for monaco, kurzawa looks like he could step up a few levels.

All the trains stop at 10pm and the match didn't finish until 10:30pm, so i booked a mini bus back. Fuck me, i'll never complain about traffic in Sheffield again. It took two hours to get back to nice. We spent about an hour in a succession of tunnels, that looked like they'd been cut by prisoners from a german pow camp. Then it took ages to get up the steep hill out of the place and onto the motorway. Horrific.

Welcome back Paul, all this whilst touring and running that boozer big_smile

Take off hosers ...

Walking advert for BUPA

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

London 0 Ill 4

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Mol  I have loads of time for you time you but you need to take a breath. Misura, invite us onto the next trip.

listen up at the back

Typed out a lengthy, possibly quite tedious, critique of Monte Carlo, an AS Monaco pre-season friendly in the Var hills and the death defying journey there with Mrs NNC driving us and the bin lids there and threatening to divorce me if the stadium wasn't round the next corner but somehow managed to wipe the lot. Cue sighs of relief all round....

Welcome back Mis - top reportage as always from our in-house bon viveur and crisp connoisseur.  Hope you get to the bottom of your cardio problems must be a tad disconcerting to say the least.

Hope you're on the mend Misura.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Yes, hope you're fully on the mend now mate.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

90Piesanhour wrote:

I do think it's become more snidey rather than just banter, but this probably reflects the age demographic on here. More old gits than anything else.

What happened to JCIG?

Sold out his mates, left his missus for the chance of stardom. It won't work out for him.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Like the Murphy's.....

Don't know the details of the lad's personal life but wasn't he already on the telly back home and doing a few bits with Irvine Welsh in films before hand? Didn't he put his own money into a web based story and then get lucky with backing? Only met him once and he seemed a real decent sort to me. Very supportive and encouraging. Judging by the support he appears to get back in Wales I find it hard to believe he's shit on old mates on the way. The Grit and Determination line is taken from JC.

You seem very angry at the minute. I thought that was my gig?

Last edited by Cuts (Sun 09 Mar 2014 12:29 am)

Was talking about Glam, not me, went to solicitors in the end. Glam eventually got sorted. Sad that. Shafted me too, but for tuppence. Not that that bites, just you think you know people. You don't really.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Not saying you are wrong but I heard a different take on that. Obviously you know your situation and I don't.

Can I ask who jcig is?

scootay wrote:

Can I ask who jcig is?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1528271/

CBIT wrote:
scootay wrote:

Can I ask who jcig is?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1528271/

Ha! going back a bit he and Mrs AHH might be related given the Tudor bit of his name, she's only just the English side of the border.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

scootay wrote:

Can I ask who jcig is?

Former poster, Johncharlesisgod, funny, intelligent and always worth reading.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Always found him a good read and seemed sound.
If you asked around the fashion industry you'd find plenty of people who think I'm a cunt…

* humour equivalent of a through ball from Zidane *

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Sun 09 Mar 2014 5:53 pm)

Take off hosers ...