Topic: ticket stub memorabilia help

bit of a long shot, but you never know....

I lost quite a lot of ticket stubs from the eighties and its always pissed me off. ive got the majority of stubs ive been to ever since. on the Danish series the killing, the family whos daughter was murdered had covered their dining table in photos etc and lacquered over it. im thinking of doing the same to my table but with ticket stubs.

I could cover it three or four times over to be honest with the amount I have, but its pissing me off that I have lost most my mid 80's ones.

if anyone on here has some of the following stubs I would buy them from you or I would settle for a good photocopy as theyre getting lacquered over anyway.

ones im particularly after are;

the style council,

Leicester de Montfort hall 16/08/84
Manchester Apollo 14/06/85
st georges hall Bradford 29/01/86 (red wedge tour)
st georges hall Bradford, 25/06/87
Harrogate conference centre 18/10/87

other bands ive lost tickets for from that period but cant find dates for etc were joboxers! twice at Bradford uni, the housemartins, the redskins, orange juice, new order, blow monkeys all in Manchester I think plus  fine young cannibals first album tour I think at st georges Bradford.

ive got my tickets for pre 84 and post 87 gigs, its just this period im after

like I said, a long shot but who knows eh

Re: ticket stub memorabilia help

I've got a Gary Glitter one from Sheffield City Hall you can have.

Site stalwart.

Modern day tickets are shit aren't they?

Never kept a ticket stub in my life.

Most gigs I went to you just paid on the door.

Foxy Dread wrote:

I like collecting stuff like that.

And I bet you wish you kept some stubs.  I've just been outbid on a style council ticket stub. It went for 16 quid.

Look on ebay. Jam tickets from leeds Queens hall are on at fifty qquid original smiths, Clash,  Pistols Tickets are Hundred Quid and More.  There's always money in memorabilia

First gig I went to The Jam at the Queens Hall.

Weller in a turquoise and black polka dot shirt if my memory serves.

Old Man wrote:

First gig I went to The Jam at the Queens Hall.

Weller in a turquoise and black polka dot shirt if my memory serves.

Didn't he get into a ruck with a bunch of Aussie rugby players after that gig? Spoke to him during the day in Leeds, before the gig. He was a bit abrupt but alright, Had a class silk scarf - brown with Smarties on, like the old tube but without the writing -
http://smartiescollector.com/northerntrumpet/Tubes%20Gallery%201_files/1950_tube_front.jpg

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

That was quite a moment in Jam-lore, wasn't it? He refers to it on the back of Dig The New Breed.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Sorry Scootay, I haven't got any of my old ticket stubs left. Used to be in yellow, pale orange or light blue. With greasy little Blue Tac smudges on the back, where I'd stuck them on the wall.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

My first gig was the jam Queens hall solid bond tour September 82. I'd just gone 15. I've got that stub luckily. That tickets on ebay now at fifty quid.

The weller ruck was an early gig tho wasn't it? 78 ish?

scootay wrote:
Foxy Dread wrote:

I like collecting stuff like that.

And I bet you wish you kept some stubs.  I've just been outbid on a style council ticket stub. It went for 16 quid.

Look on ebay. Jam tickets from leeds Queens hall are on at fifty qquid original smiths, Clash,  Pistols Tickets are Hundred Quid and More.  There's always money in memorabilia

No, it just never occurred to me to keep them and you can't keep a stamp on the hand, the gigs I used to go to weren't in danger of selling out so it was all pay on the door.

Not so much the ticket stub but I wish I'd kept my Apocalypse Now Tour t-shirt from the St George's Hall.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Jam tickets from Leeds Queens hall are on at fifty qquid

Seriously? I've got 2, mine and the Mrs G-to be's, from 11/12/79! She wasn't that keen on 'em but bought the tickets for my birthday.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.