Topic: Vino Bargains

Asda are doing Wolf Bass Red label chardonnay Semillon and Lindemans bin 65 chardonnay 2 for a £10. usually £15.96

there are loads of  others but these are what I like.

Farm shop I know was doing a case of chardonnay/pinot or shiraz for £18.00

Hence the reason for getting the decent stuff above to kill the taste

Last edited by otis (Wed 23 Jul 2014 6:33 pm)

Re: Vino Bargains

Well i've done that case in and it was rank. will stick to the decent stuff

Had a barbecue yesterday and invited the lad's girlfriend's parents round. Had a few of our friends over, too,  so had to be on the ball with decent wine/beer but knew that his GF's parents were on the "Wine Ponce" spectrum. Also knew that they're quite partial to a decent Prosecco, so for a laugh, got some in from Aldi at £7.49 a bottle and made sure we poured it in the kitchen so that they didn't see the bottles. Well, fuck me, they went in to raptures about the stuff - all the while the missus is kicking me in the shins to keep quiet.
Showed em the bottle and told them where it was from when they staggered out pissed, 5 hrs later. smile

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Tesco Finest Picpoul de Pinet - down from £7.99 to £5.99 at moment with additional 20% off if you buy 4 or more

I like it - give it a go

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

My local Asda are knocking out a half palatable Chateuneuf for £9.

Eating tofu and hating it.

This weather, you can do a lot worse than Tesco's own brand rose cava, retails at £5.25. Very drinkable out the freezer.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

CharlieG wrote:

Had a barbecue yesterday and invited the lad's girlfriend's parents round. Had a few of our friends over, too,  so had to be on the ball with decent wine/beer but knew that his GF's parents were on the "Wine Ponce" spectrum. Also knew that they're quite partial to a decent Prosecco, so for a laugh, got some in from Aldi at £7.49 a bottle and made sure we poured it in the kitchen so that they didn't see the bottles. Well, fuck me, they went in to raptures about the stuff - all the while the missus is kicking me in the shins to keep quiet.
Showed em the bottle and told them where it was from when they staggered out pissed, 5 hrs later. smile

Apparently the Aldi Prosecco rocked up as a "best buy" from the wine ponce (Ollie sommat or other)  in The Racist on Sunday supplement, this week.
hmm

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

The asda one has gone now. I tried some Aldi cheap Chardonnay a bit a go, felt like someone had knacked me the next day.

Morrisons got it on again 25% off on a case

got lindemans and hardys crest on so a case for around £22 is a bargain.

also M+S have something on 25% off for every two cases bought.

Time to stock up on the Morrisons offer.

Last edited by otis (Thu 21 Aug 2014 4:00 pm)