Topic: 589

Number of days since I last posted.

Have lurked and chuckled and grunted on occasion at the content of the posts on here noticing nothing changes (thank god).

But I must take issue at the fact that no-one has mentioned the West Yorkshire sport bonanza of the century - Leeds v Cas in the Challenge Cup final.

Poor, very poor. It has made me come out of exile.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Re: 589

I can't wait to be reminded that we're just a town full of pakis and yids by blokes in Crosshatch t-shirts with their kids names on their necks. Should be a belter on the field. Will not be pretty off it.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

I'm in two minds whether to go. Went a couple of years ago when we lost to Warrington. Got one of the Rhinos official coaches - full of families and the coach was dry. Made up for it in The green Man pub but coming home took hours. Great stadium shame they couldn't sort out the road transport links.

Was thinking about getting the train down early doors with laddo. Would prefer to latch on to some trip from a pub though with the beer flowing early.

"Well so could anyone"

I backed Castleford each way back in March and Leeds in April so it's my dream final.

Win more if Castleford triumph as I backed them at 66/1. If Leeds win I have the hope that it will help Peacock win the Man of Steel who I've backed at 9/1, I'm guessing it's down to him, Daryl Clark who i've backed at 14/1 and Chris Hill.

Last edited by Foxy Dread (Mon 11 Aug 2014 11:44 am)

Have you seen the vid from the end of yesterdays game when Terry the Tiger gets his head knocked off ??

CBIT wrote:

Have you seen the vid from the end of yesterdays game when Terry the Tiger gets his head knocked off ??

I chuckled at BBC's coverage at the end when they were interviewing and there was a Widnes fan gesticulating in the background who then reacted to a steward trying to remove him. The camera moved so that the bloke who they were interviewings head blocked it out. LOL

"Well so could anyone"

Work with a kid who reckons that in the 1980s, Widnes had a mob who could have matched most football crews.

"We are The Fall"

Might be something in that. Horrible place back then. Weren't the numbers of coaches there are now but those that there were got bricked. Mum drove and we were only kids but remember seeing scrapping on the way back to the cars. Older people reckon they were some of if not the worst.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Told the story before but one of my earliest memories is of my Granddad telling a Widnes fan to stop swearing so much in the North Stand Paddock. I could barely understand a word he said.
Loved those games back then. Usually involved going in the old bars under the stand at some point. Nana would tell him not to take us in there bless her.

CBIT wrote:

lol

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.c … le-7592298

Take off hosers ...

589 days? First things first, get your fucking subs paid, you're months behind.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

heyho wrote:

Number of days since I last posted.

Bloody hell! New strip line o the way....

Young Marxist at Tescos wrote:

Work with a kid who reckons that in the 1980s, Widnes had a mob who could have matched most football crews.

I went to a Leeds v Widnes cup final in the 70s and a lot of the Widnes lot were football lads - Everton and Liverpool and were pinging all the Wally Trolly's all over the car park afterwards.

Think they used to a feud with Warrington which was plastic scousers v plastic Mancs

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

*bounces*

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

heyho, what did you chuckle at? What did you grunt at?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

heyho, what did you chuckle at? What did you grunt at?

I chuckled at the Beebs valiant efforts to mask some knob head in the back ground and grunted at the fact that these knob heads were carrying on at a Rugby League game

"Well so could anyone"

Oh, i thought you meant in a more general than specific sense. Thus:

heyho wrote:

Have lurked and chuckled and grunted on occasion at the content of the posts on here noticing nothing changes (thank god).

At the content of the posts on here...

gore wrote:

I went to a Leeds v Widnes cup final in the 70s and a lot of the Widnes lot were football lads - Everton and Liverpool and were pinging all the Wally Trolly's all over the car park afterwards.

Think they used to a feud with Warrington which was plastic scousers v plastic Mancs

Not quite with you on that,Widnes despite its proximity to Liverpool seems to have a bit of antipathy to its big city neighbour in a St Helens style and I'm unreliably informed that there is quite a big Manu support over there.

Warrington is a complete mish mash as plenty from both sides of the M62 took advantage of the offers of housing away from the big bad cities in the early 70s.

As a mate from St Helens once said, the problem with Warrington is that nobody is actually from there.

The Warrington fans I knew used to have a bit of problem with Post Office Road all those years ago but then the St Helens lot weren't to keen either!

Just what it was that day, loads of mickeys slapping all the Wallace Arnold day trippers (me included). Mates from there told me (I went with them when Leeds got hammered by them at Central Park early 90s and left just after half time of embarrassment)  a lot of mickeys got moved there so the place splits down by estate almost - they had exaggerated Lancashire accent to compensate.

Don't care really, but them, Warrington, Wigan and the Hull pair were always good for picking off up Bramley or round the back of the South Stand at Headingley as they always had kids looking.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Tell him we need proof. All those clubs over that way had some fans who'd cause bother but on a football scale, I never saw it. I was a regular at Leeds RL games for a lot of the 80s. Worst at Headingley was probably Hull FC - they were flat out bullies at The Boulevard.

Wigan had the biggest mob I've seen at rugby.

Widnes??..gobsmacked at that to be honest.
Agree about Hull though,remember once having a right set to with them in Leeds station...big set of fuckers too,had our bacon saved by the Donny lot (and not for the first time!).

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

I remember some Hull FC fans getting a well-deserved smack off some of the Victoria Road/Hyde Park lot.

Had a few nights out in Warrington. The lasses like their slap over there....

Travis Bickle wrote:

I remember some Hull FC fans getting a well-deserved smack off some of the Victoria Road/Hyde Park lot.

Had a few nights out in Warrington. The lasses like their slap over there....

...amongst other things!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Yeah? I think not. I went to Widnes away circa 84 maybe, they all came bounding on the pitch at the end kappa'd out of their minds to get a hiding off the RL topped rockers from the travelling Leeds fans, ask him if he remembers that?

Wigan on the other hand.

Me mams sister married a bloke from Hull big Fc supporter not long after me old man died.
Took me to challenge cup final reply v Widnes  at Elland Road.The cunt was Man U also.Me mams brothers went fucking mad smile

Last edited by Ken Kapstick (Mon 11 Aug 2014 10:24 pm)