Topic: 'Spoons...

FFS, they're opening one in Keswick, now - The Chief Justice of the Common Pleas .
*shakes head and tuts*

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Re: 'Spoons...

My 3 year old has a reward chart to encourage "good" behaviour. If he collects enough stars through the week then one of his big treats on a weekend is to go to our local one for sausage, mash and peas. He loves it and tells everyone when he's been. I think they are alright, great for eating out with the kids. Bit tiresome if you want a few pints and to read the paper on your own without getting bothered by Brian with the oak coloured teeth who is clearly lonely but lacks social skills and self awareness.

My problem with Witherspoons is that the larger always tastes as if its going off. End up on Strongbow then next day that fucking smell of chemical apple  just pours out of me.

My problem with Spoons is the inconsistency. The two in Halifax have been shite lately. I was in the Percy Shaw a few weeks back and my first three choices all went off as the barman was pulling them. I asked him if anyone was going to replace them and he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say "Don't really give a fuck" Cue e-mail to complaints. Following that had a visit to St. Annes a week later and the Trawler Boat Inn was suberb. Quality beer and good prompt friendly service. Followed that with a visit to Moon under Water at top of Deansgate, Manchester, again suerb, probably the best Spoons on the circuit for me. Last week took in both Leeds and Bradford centres. Leeds Station and Cuthberts good, Becketts shite. Bradford Titus Salt fucking rank. Poor choice of beer and sent first two pints back, both cloudy and off. Had to stay there co's the Mrs had ordered a full bottle of red so had to order one of my own. Intended to visit KW's bar but settlet for a curry as legs not working too good after bottle of red.
I think the problem is with the staff as it must be a long shot to get a good bar manager in when you're not paying good wages (the Hockaday syndrome). If the managers shite the staff under him/her will follow suite. Come on Mr Martin, you came up with a great idea, don't get too big that it goes tits up.

In an obvious rush to open the Keswick one - it looked like the shop fitters were doing 16hr days.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.