Re: The Kop 1974

When Hunslet played there they had those weird posts, tuning fork stylee.

When I think of the dog track I instantly think of big sheepskin coats. Me Dad,  big bob and mad dog Riley rocking the look. Kevin wearing his with no shirt and his thick black curly hair. We'd step out of a big merc, dealer boots hitting the pavement for a night at the dogs. Shaking hands with everyone, little nods, big tips,  big winners and big losers.  Loved those days. All the characters long gone now along with torn up betting slips

I had the pleasure of being in Bradford magistrates court yesterday. There was a bloke with dealer boots with more segs than sole. Noisy cunt. Looked like the pikey off Selfish Giant.

Those characters are still out there scoots.

placidcasual wrote:

I had the pleasure of being in Bradford magistrates court yesterday. There was a bloke with dealer boots with more segs than sole. Noisy cunt. Looked like the pikey off Selfish Giant.

yeah but they had a bit of class as well. me dad and his pals could look extremely tough and also look like gentlemen depending on the occasion. holding your own with all walks of life and all classes

Use to climb over the wall to get in. Felt great inside. Really grown up.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Harvest wrote:

Bit off thread but just thinking about that Independent Travel I think they were called?? There was that book Scum Airways? Scum Airlines? All  Man Utd fans who ran European trips for us lot. Cheap flights, cheap travel to airport, cheap digs and all really well organised. Did a few trips with them, they were all rum fuckers.

First trip they picked us up in a mini bus outside East Stand, everyone trolleyed. 'This is weird', says the driver stood having a fag as we pile on, 'first time ever I've been here without getting chased all over or a broken nose' as he stroked his bent hooter.

Universal Tours ?

placidcasual wrote:

Like going back in time that building.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

I got a suspended sentence there last Wednesday