Re: Inland Revenue

old yeadonian wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
albert herbert hawkins wrote:

Does anybody know what the  the space on the front of the Tax form For "Reference"   means please Once Is sorted that I can get her Tax form in the mail. It is tempting to write, "You Are Cunts"

Don't bother, they have seen a lot worse. My cousin used to work in the tax office in Shipley and they get all that and more on a daily basis. Somebody once sent in their tax cheque with a cock and balls drawn on the back of it spuffing over a 'tax person'.. They just laugh this stuff off.

I used to be based in that office in charge of maintenance.
We always found the best way to get at them was to take the fuses out of the tea boilers...now that does make them fucking angry!

Bone idle,mamby pambied fuckers to a man.

Nominates Old Yeadonian for OMJ order of the White Rose medal big_smile

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

twopointslost wrote:

Do the folk who work there make the rules then that deserve abuse? I always thought it would be the government or something ? What they meant to do write back and say nah don't worry I'll let yer off your tax this year. Alright they do say it to amazon and google , but there you go.

The government of whatever stripe make policy, the twats that work at the revenue make and implement procedures around it. They do it badly - through envy, stupidity and overall laziness. The are arch cunts.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Shhhhh.  They'll hear you.

Eating tofu and hating it.

Every time I've dealt with them they've been fine. Can't imagine that envy drives them through the day. Talk to them different .

Its a perfect storm of an incredibly complex set of rules that are subject to interpretation that are always being gamed by as many people as possible, including all the holier than thou moralists who seem to try and deflect by shitting on others - being managed by a group of people who are underpaid, badly led and use systems that are older than the ark - and whose management have been politicised to see themselves as the law and everyone as trying to fiddle. And as tax as a moral obligation rather than a fee you pay to live here.  But you have to have that bureaucratic mindset to do the job and I suspect empathy isn't at the top of the list of personal qualities. They've also tried to deskill and automate - so loads of their staff have no real clue what they do outside of the button pushing, and why so many are based in 'special needs areas of the country'.  The whole challenge and reclaim process is designed to take many attempts and lots of pushback, as the aim is to collect and then argue about fairness later on.

I've had them on my case a couple of time, one of which was the kick the door in at 8am - gives us all your records, you robbing cunt. The full Sweeny job from Bootle Special Investigations as a result of opening a bank account with a bank that got busted. Took a year and a few thousand with accountants to prove I was totally clean. The assumption of guilt is built in and if you can't prove otherwise, then they'll fuck you without a moments thought. Moral imperative, you see.

And as the state needs ever more money to fund the unsupportable and they think up new ways to tax, then the whole morality thing will get ever more aggressive.  They are already giving them more powers to collects data, take money out of bank accounts without any charge or court appearance and if the fuckwits ever manage to link up VAT, Tax and getting your bank account balances... which they're working on - good luck. 

I feel sorry for them. Like I feel sorry for the social inadequates who become police.

Things people will do for an index linked pension, eh

Last edited by gore (Tue 21 Oct 2014 9:30 am)

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

twopointslost wrote:

Do the folk who work there make the rules then that deserve abuse? I always thought it would be the government or something ? What they meant to do write back and say nah don't worry I'll let yer off your tax this year. Alright they do say it to amazon and google , but there you go.

It's less about the rules than the way they service them - poor customer service,  rudeness,  broken or non-existent processes,  terrible communication skills,  silo mentality..........need i go on?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
twopointslost wrote:

It's less about the rules than the way they service them - poor customer service,  rudeness,  broken or non-existent processes,  terrible communication skills,  silo mentality..........need i go on?

Undermanned and running a process thats supposed to be hard to access.

Collect early, pay late. The govts cashflow

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

gore wrote:
twopointslost wrote:

You been in any of their back offices?  I have

Typical Public Sector environment - plenty of staff managed very poorly trying to run non-existent processs within an out dated organisation design

Privatise it I say  wink

gore wrote:

Typical Public Sector environment - plenty of staff managed very poorly trying to run non-existent processs within an out dated organisation design

Privatise it I say  wink

Seen a bit, got asked to do some project for them as a proof of concept. They've been trying to modernise for sometime from what I've seen.

We declined, oddly.

You're not wrong, but the default is to make hard for the punters by design as well.

And yeah, privatise. They're different how?

Last edited by gore (Tue 21 Oct 2014 9:44 am)

gore wrote:
gore wrote:

Privatise it I say  wink

Seen a bit, got asked to do some project for them as a proof of concept. They've been trying to modernise for sometime from what I've seen.

We declined, oddly.

You're not wrong, but the default is to make hard for the punters by design as well.

And yeah, privatise. They're different how?

I can generally negotiate a better hourly rate from a private company  big_smile

They've had EDS, ATOS, IBM, Hoskyns, Accenture and pretty much every other leech like consultancy in there at some point, and they've not got a workable system. Doesn't help with the complexity of tax and the rate of change, but this lot between them still can't seem to get the basics right, which would allow tie ups of VAT and PAYE. Bloody useless the lot of them. IR and externals alike.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:

They've had EDS, ATOS, IBM, Hoskyns, Accenture and pretty much every other leech like consultancy in there at some point, and they've not got a workable system. Doesn't help with the complexity of tax and the rate of change, but this lot between them still can't seem to get the basics right, which would allow tie ups of VAT and PAYE. Bloody useless the lot of them. IR and externals alike.

Very true DJP - just want to get a little time with my snout in the trough like everyone else..........

To be fair,  most of those listed above have made a difference in the short term but the improvements weren't sustained - mostly due to a lack of buy-in from the leadership and allowing the existing Public Sector 'culture' to persist

I'd warrant that a bunch of us on here could muster the right experience to take it over and make it a much better performing (and profitable to us) organisation!

Djpekingman wrote:

Very true DJP - just want to get a little time with my snout in the trough like everyone else..........

To be fair,  most of those listed above have made a difference in the short term but the improvements weren't sustained - mostly due to a lack of buy-in from the leadership and allowing the existing Public Sector 'culture' to persist

I'd warrant that a bunch of us on here could muster the right experience to take it over and make it a much better performing (and profitable to us) organisation!

It's time OMJ Corp put bids in on this stuff.

Eating tofu and hating it.