Topic: El Gato Negro

Ripponden's finest. We went a week or so ago for the Mrs' birthday. We worked out it was seven years since we've been. Still really good food. Nice atmosphere, laid back without being slack. Your place setting is your menu and you get a pencil to tick what you want on it. The food comes when it's ready which is good, means you get a long, unrushed meal.
The ox cheek is amazing.

Recommend.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: El Gato Negro

Pass it every two weeks, often stop at that Co-Op.

Clark Carlisle's fave?

I often fink of Foxy when I drive through that long gulley to Halifax.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Nice one, can't believe it's still on my to do list after all these years. Often pass it coming or going to Jnc 22 M62 . I love Tapas, Meze, Large starter platters etc, picking away, nice and steady, few drinks. Sometimes nicer than a big 3 course meal.
A bit nearer to top of To Do list now ....

Their lease is up in Ripponden.  Closing there on New Year's Eve. Reopening in Manchester apparently. Not sure where. Shame.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Just off King Street. Formerly Brasserie Blanc.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.