Topic: Funeral Pyre

Girls in monkey boots. Older girls. I used to fucking love those girls. Down the front. Hard as nails.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Re: Funeral Pyre

Favourite Jam song. Sorted the divs from the Wallers did that drum intro.

I can picture me now watching the video on TOTP. Council house front room, aspirational hair and market clothes.

I'd go back there in a breath.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

One of my favourites at moment, Best of The Jam £3 from Tescos, all that for the price of a meal deal, magic .

3rd single I ever bought......behind Kids in America and Swords of a thousand men

As you say,  THAT drum solo.  Had it on the stereogram when parents were out,  windows and door open,  volume up,  showing the kids on Windybank that I was the bollocks (even though I was a lanky streak of piss with NaSHers specs and was too emotionally charged to control my violent tendencies).

Oh to be 10 again....

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Aye, good song that never, really, got the appreciation it deserved. Probably a bit too dark for "Saturdays Kids"...

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

luxury_scruff wrote:

I can picture me now watching the video on TOTP. Council house front room, aspirational hair and market clothes.

Great post old lad

"...and have you ever seen one better timed ?"

luxury_scruff wrote:

"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing"

Only us and Bruno Brookes knew different

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Remember reading (though don't remember where I read it) that it was around this time that Weller tried to go to the Groovy Cellar one night, epicentre of the 1981 psychedelic revival, but he wasn't allowed in because he wasn't wearing the right clobber. Few months later Absolute Beginners comes out and the whole soul influence comes to the fore. So we've got some pompous clipboard mary in velvet loon pants to thank for that. Would love to hear that compilation again that came out around that time. A Splash of Colour. Bet it's bloody hilarious. Mood Six. Heh.

I'd had a few light ales yesterday, the girls in monkey boots, they weren't lesbians. They'd always be dancing to the Jam at the youth club, wearing black Harringtons and smoking. Not sure what I was getting at really. But when you're 13, they were sexy as hell.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Had the 7" but can't remember where I bought it, Do remember buying the 12" of Town Called Malice (pink and purple striped artwork) at a department store - or it could have been Woolies in Bradford.

Wimpy estate, bad hair, market clothes. Aspirational.

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Mon 17 Nov 2014 3:30 am)

Take off hosers ...

Ah, the four wools sketch

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."