Topic: 77 Semi

now on you tube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqzjZ-f … Safgl_cmbA

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

Re: 77 Semi

big_smile Thanks. You there Cordey?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Me old dear would have had a breakdown if I had gome as only 12, so listened to Piccadilly 261 on radio.
Went to the final on a minibus from our street as the men promised he they would look look after me. Which they did. just about.

big_smile I went. Like a home game for you lot.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

I remember travelling home on the coach with John Charles in the seat in front of me.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

I remember getting chased all over Sheffield on the walk from Midland before the game when the first special was sent on its way. The whole town was red.

Didn't see John.

We were lucky to be only 2 down before the consolation penalty. Never in the game.

Last edited by gore (Tue 25 Nov 2014 4:56 pm)

Can't wait to watch that one and relive the disappointment of waiting for the Radio 2 people to announce we were getting hammered .

Cheers Cordy you're all heart,

They had commentary on Liverpool v Everton.

I've still got the 8 page colour pullout from the Daily Express. Bloke I know who'd be in his early 20s then said it took him years to get over that match. Who'd have thought getting on for 40 years later United would only play in one more FA Cup semi?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

I had one of them hats out the Evening post. Didn't wear it and got my silk scarf nicked when they chinned us before the game.

And whats to get over. We blow semis, its what we do.

I love all these fanatics, funny how the tickets went on general sale back then and there must have been 40k Mancs there.

Went to that with my old man
Traffic from the motorway into Hillsborough was chaos so by the time we reached the ground the match had kicked off.
Loads of mancs by the turnstiles at the Leeds end (kop) offering big bucks to buy them off the Leeds lot.
Went we got through the turnstiles,we had to negotiate our way through hundreds of Mancs in the Leeds end..dodgy stuff.

55,000 there that day Gore but reckon 40k Mancs is over-egging somewhat,although they definitely outnumbered Leeds by some distance.

Shite day all round,just recall Coppell and Gordon Hill tearing us apart on the wings..good team Docherty had put together that.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Seemed like that to me. Was Mancs all over the place beforehand and you're bang on about them being all over the kop end. Seem to think it was a Sunday to avoid trouble (ha)

We were on one of the first trains (tagging on behind the big lad as we'd done at Brum and Wolves in previous rounds) and by the time we got to the ground after the whole lot had been jumped - the Kop was two thirds Manc and they were bossing the place. More Leeds arrived and they backed 'em off so it ended up more like 60/40 but they had the rest of the ground apart from most of the small main stand.

Them lot on the Kop got battered outside afterwards, but think most of the rest of the Mancs were too busy celebrating to give a fuck. Long walk back only lightened by seeing some Cockney Reds getting laid out by some coach boys by Owlerton Stadium.

That was some footballing team Docherty built, thank fuck for Mary Brown.

We did outnumber Coventry a decade or so later though didn't we. Out all night the night before in Sheffield (Leadmill). Rammed in the Leppings Lane end. Bloody sweating my arse off in my Julian Cope flying jacket (which I have still got but am banned from wearing).

Makes me think though of what happened to those poor Liverpool fans only a couple of years later!!!! And makes me think you had no chance - and I'm 6ft 5"

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Different era. Back in the 70s the Mancs had the biggest support in Yawkshire and ours was so-so at best.

A decade on and thank fuck for out of towners, eh? lol

Harvest wrote:

Who'd have thought getting on for 40 years later United would only play in one more FA Cup semi?

Think you're wrong. I reckon i've been to 19 since then, including replays.

Nope, definitely one, 1987.

Harvest wrote:

Chortle!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

cordshoes wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Who'd have thought getting on for 40 years later United would only play in one more FA Cup semi?

Think you're wrong. I reckon i've been to 19 since then, including replays.

Not difficult. They have them every season.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

heyho wrote:

We did outnumber Coventry a decade or so later though didn't we. Out all night the night before in Sheffield (Leadmill). Rammed in the Leppings Lane end. Bloody sweating my arse off in my Julian Cope flying jacket (which I have still got but am banned from wearing).

Makes me think though of what happened to those poor Liverpool fans only a couple of years later!!!! And makes me think you had no chance - and I'm 6ft 5"

I think we had less in 87. We had the Leppings Lane and the stand to  the left which was several thousand less than the other two stands (they had the kop).

Liverpool fans pointed this out in 89 when they had the same stands and less support at Hillsborough despite having a much larger average support than Forest.

Losing to Histon was worse!

Harvest wrote:

No, 1987 wasn't one of the 19.

knocked out by Coventry, who went on to win it so not so bad

You scamp.

Harvest wrote:

You scamp.

You are.

cordshoes wrote:
Harvest wrote:

What about 2010 when you got knocked out at home by that 3rd division team. Shocking.

I Wood wrote:
cordshoes wrote:
Harvest wrote:

What about 2010 when you got knocked out at home by that 3rd division team. Shocking.

what about it?

cordshoes wrote:
I Wood wrote:
cordshoes wrote:

what about it?

It was fucking hilarious. Possibly the funniest thing that's happened to you since Tommy D and his relegation zeroes... no wait missing out on europe this year was a bit of a hoot too.

And almost forgot about this...

Last edited by Djpekingman (Thu 27 Nov 2014 8:00 pm)

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

No is fine.