Topic: FA Cup 1970 Chelsea v Leeds - Complete game

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Re: FA Cup 1970 Chelsea v Leeds - Complete game

Gary Sprake, useless cunt

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Horrible fucking shambles grass.
Heard rumours he was paid to throw games and got a Journalist to start the Billy and Don rumours to divert attention away from himself. The people that tried to frame Grobbelaar should have a look at this dodgy cunt and maybe Yewtree aswell heard him and Saville had a thing going. Well dodgy.

Leeds could dish it out a bit,but that Chelsea team was as horrible as it gets!

Harris was a fucking animal.

..not forgetting Hutchinson,McCreadie and Osgood....but yeah,Dirty Leeds!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

The replay holds the record for the most watched English club game ever.

28 million people.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

We always got the shitty end for games like this and semis. Scoreboard for this one and Everton semi, open end at Villa Park for 67 semi. Open kop at Hillsborough in 77. The scoreboard was open in 70 and the Cheski fans put on a much better atmosphere in the covered Stretford. FA bastards even then. Especially then.

Luck of the draw innit. Hillborough 77 wasn't about the end, about was about our shocking support. As it ever was.

They should have introduced Beer Surfing sooner

gore wrote:

Luck of the draw innit. Hillborough 77 wasn't about the end, about was about our shocking support. As it ever was.

...and the fact that the team has a habit of not turning up at such games also!!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

old yeadonian wrote:
gore wrote:

...and the fact that the team has a habit of not turning up at such games also!!

There is that as well.

I luv white wrote:

We always got the shitty end for games like this and semis. Scoreboard for this one and Everton semi, open end at Villa Park for 67 semi. Open kop at Hillsborough in 77. The scoreboard was open in 70 and the Cheski fans put on a much better atmosphere in the covered Stretford. FA bastards even then. Especially then.

I know what you're saying but that's four games I can remember where we got the shitty end and none I can remember where we got the covered end which always makes for a better atmosphere as well as keeping you drier and warmer. Maybe paranoia on my part. sad Having said that, maybe a good job we didn't get the Leppings in 77 otherwise we might have had a 89 situation 11 yrs early.

We got drawn as the home team for Hillsborough, which is why we had the Kop and the small main stand.

So, yep - its your paranoia.

Their kop wasn't covered then was it? I still say it was a plot by the authorities to make sure us Dirty Leeds fans got soaked. Think they might have even had a word with the man upstairs to make sure it rained. Paranoia? Nah.
Don't think it would have made much difference in that game though as you say. We were outnumbered 2 to 1. End of.
Think it would have made a difference though had we had the Beckford End in the 70 replay. The Chelsea fans got on a roll and lifted their team at 1-1 whereas we could see it drifting away and went flat.

gore wrote:

We got drawn as the home team for Hillsborough, which is why we had the Kop and the small main stand.

So, yep - its your paranoia.

We played in our away kit though.
Not sure if that's relevant!

Wouldn't have mattered anyhow,losing 2-1 flattered us not them!

Good point. He's still paranoid though

I'd see seek treatment for paranoid schizophrenia but I know the bastards will charge me double.

Does anyone know what end we got at Maine Road in `73, obviously the Platt Lane stand. Goal from about 5.15

Did they split the Kippax 50/50 though?

________________________________________________________________________________

It was 50/50 in the Kippax. We got the right side looking at the pitch. The goal side! big_smile It got very lively at half time and coming out at the end.

29 seconds. Hibbet on Yorath. Dirty Leeds though.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

I luv white wrote:

Their kop wasn't covered then was it? I still say it was a plot by the authorities to make sure us Dirty Leeds fans got soaked. Think they might have even had a word with the man upstairs to make sure it rained. Paranoia? Nah.
Don't think it would have made much difference in that game though as you say. We were outnumbered 2 to 1. End of.
Think it would have made a difference though had we had the Beckford End in the 70 replay. The Chelsea fans got on a roll and lifted their team at 1-1 whereas we could see it drifting away and went flat.

No, I don't think that is possible. The FA couldn't organise shit, let alone a change of weather on a specific future date with celestial powers that may, or may not exist.

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 17 Feb 2015 3:04 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I luv white wrote:

It was 50/50 in the Kippax. We got the right side looking at the pitch. The goal side! big_smile It got very lively at half time and coming out at the end.

Cheers ILW......thought you`d know. lol

________________________________________________________________________________