Re: Charity shop gold

danpiesley wrote:

My docs in my avatar were from a charidee shop in Redditch a good few years ago now - 20 shitters and easily my most favourite pair of shoes.

I picked up a Plectrum by Ben Sherman chore jacket a few weeks from a shop in Cradley Heath for 3 ploppers.  I've barely taken it off since - I look totes amaze in it.  Obvs.

I bought a plectrum by Ben sherman winter coat a couple of years back. Warmest coat I've ever had. Not from a charidee shop though... but it was a tk maxx special.. 60 quid  think

3 pristine Charles Tyrwhitt white shirts.  Very nice thick cotton.  Not a single.mark on them.  2.99 each.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

3 pristine Charles Tyrwhitt white shirts.  Very nice thick cotton.  Not a single.mark on them.  2.99 each.

big_smile

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

scootay wrote:
danpiesley wrote:

My docs in my avatar were from a charidee shop in Redditch a good few years ago now - 20 shitters and easily my most favourite pair of shoes.

I picked up a Plectrum by Ben Sherman chore jacket a few weeks from a shop in Cradley Heath for 3 ploppers.  I've barely taken it off since - I look totes amaze in it.  Obvs.

I bought a plectrum by Ben sherman winter coat a couple of years back. Warmest coat I've ever had. Not from a charidee shop though... but it was a tk maxx special.. 60 quid  think

I have a gunloader parka as well, in orange, it's a bit fruity.  Picked it up of another forum.

£40 or so and it is bomb proof - just not a popular brand I guess but really well made stuff.

Aim Low and miss...

I still look around. Have done for years. Since the middle classes discovered charity shops there's not much to find any more.

Who's desperate enough to buy second hand undies, though?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Seven for all Mankind jeans, unworn.
£190-£220 on their website.
£3.99 from a charity shop on Horsforth Town Street.
My size and everything.

YEADONCHAP wrote:

Seven for all Mankind jeans, unworn.
£190-£220 on their website.
£3.99 from a charity shop on Horsforth Town Street.
My size and everything.

I salute you sir.

Yesterday had a good haul.

1 x pair of OG doc shoes in black for £10 (very light wear)
1 x slimfit Fred Perry polo in xl £5
1 x pair of converse all star shoes in all black £4
1 x Ron Hill yellow spring shower proof running jacket £4
a load of books - 3 for a quid.  The secret History of the blitz being my favourite thus far.

I passed on a navy lined trespass walking jacket thing at £7.50 as well.

Aim Low and miss...

Remember when Doc Marten shoes only had three eye holes or whatever you call them and none of that yellow stitching round the soles?

I always have a look but I'm very picky.  The lad is in small mens now so I'm picking up some good shit for him.  Penguin, Lyle and Scott, Jack Wills stuff he seems to like.

^ Yeah - I do well for my youngest.  The docs and the converse were for him.

three eye placket is what you mean.  I only ever wear 1461's - none of these p[oncy collab balls and Ilove a bit of yellow stitching.  I have yellow laces in my cherry reds now as well...

Aim Low and miss...

Weller's been rocking the old monkey boots of late

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gitpics/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/10010727/Paul_Weller_Mountford_Vicky_Pea-5.jpg

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

fulmine wrote:

Weller's been rocking the old monkey boots of late

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gitpics/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/10010727/Paul_Weller_Mountford_Vicky_Pea-5.jpg

My mate bought some recently.  Ox-blood, they look great.  Never liked them back in the day though funnily enough

Been wanting a pair for ages, had a soft spot for them since I was a nipper

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Monkey boots were for female Skinheads weren't they?

three eye placket is what you mean.

I used to get them for school. $12 English and a week off with blisters.

^^^^  Ha Ha Ha, yeah me an all.

I had monkey boots as a lad.  Black with yellow laces then I painted them with Humbrol paint.  A la Jackson Pollock.

Shop near me has the Ox Bloods.  Interested.

Aim Low and miss...

I always remember my first house party, sitting in the corner, watching this mod with Steve Diggle hair and monkey boots bouncing up and down in the middle of the room to Funeral Pyre. I then threw up behind the curtain, big pernod and black stains all up the walls.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

danpiesley wrote:

^^^^  Ha Ha Ha, yeah me an all.

I had monkey boots as a lad.  Black with yellow laces then I painted them with Humbrol paint.  A la Jackson Pollock.

Shop near me has the Ox Bloods.  Interested.

I would have had a pair if I hadn't have got them Norman Walsh blind boy collection tin boots.

ha ha ha - i'd like to see those!

Aim Low and miss...

Cuts wrote:

Monkey boots were for female Skinheads weren't they?

three eye placket is what you mean.

I used to get them for school. $12 English and a week off with blisters.

Might explain some of my issues. Such as a penchant for tall, strapping women.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

just put the yellow laces in my ox blood docs. I like the monkey boots as well. Didn't they used to be dirt cheap, they are now quite dear?

I am just a common breed

under the arches wrote:

just put the yellow laces in my ox blood docs. I like the monkey boots as well. Didn't they used to be dirt cheap, they are now quite dear?

£40 last time l looked.  Fuck loads less than Docs which I never really liked to be honest.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
under the arches wrote:

£40 last time l looked.  Fuck loads less than Docs which I never really liked to be honest.

Are you full blown mad?

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
under the arches wrote:

Are you full blown mad?

Without doubt but I never liked Docs.  Soles too thick.

Just acquired a pair of brand new blue Adidas LA Trainers for £8.