Re: Charity shop gold

I buy mainly off ebay now, but have spent many happy hours in posh market towns snaffling top end gear i years gone by.  Problem is that old stuff now is 70, 80s which as we all know is stylistically shite. Copped a few demob suits  built like tanks, and some made 2 measures, circa late 60s. alos used to go to MCR and copped some nice gear.

Don't bother as such but was very tempted by a mint Boss jacket in the window of a charity shop in Ilkley whilst on the lash yesterday afternoon.
Didn't want to put a dent in my beer tokens so passed up the opportunity.

Way I felt this morning, wish I'd bought the fucker!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

On a bike ride today & stopped in a place in Worcestershire called Upton on Severn. Not far from Malvern. Lovely place off the beaten track, but as I cycled past the charity shops seemed rammed full of rambling / country attire. As I was on the push iron I could not get owt, but well worth remembering next time I am up that way again.

I think John Dee used to cavort about there a few hundred years ago, Queen Elizabeth's magician / magus bloke.

I am just a common breed

Up in  Wiltshire this morning, so as i was driving past Malmesbury so decided to have a look.

Straight in the cancer shop & had a browse through the cd's. Fuck all there. Anyway saw aload of old long coats that i thought were womens. Right at the back there was a grey / black echo & the bunnymen coat , in mint condition. The label says burtons but made in scotland, an old label. I reckon a lord or something owned it?

Anyway for 20squid i bought it. It will be going to the dry cleaners, so if you see a bloke down south east wales / west of england looking like mcculloch, it will be me.

I am just a common breed

Brooks Brothers Bomber jacket, 100% cotton. No tags but new.
Horrible check outer but only a Dylon away from being a nice Navy Blue.
£299 on BB website.
£6.99. Horsforth Town street delivers again.

Cheaney Oxfords £280 on their website,  £9.99 RSPCA shop in Ye Olde Rodille high street.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Cheaney Oxfords £280 on their website,  £9.99 RSPCA shop in Ye Olde Rodille high street.

Good move

I have a little nip into the ones in Richmond (upon-Thames) every now and again but fail miserably to find anything decent

Like Raheem Sterling trying to trap a ball - I'll keep trying

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

rammed full of rambling / country attire

The holy grail of charity shop finds

Woo hoo hoo

Cutsyke wrote:

rammed full of rambling / country attire

The holy grail of charity shop finds

Yep, always on the look out for goretex and one day I'll find some Brasher's.  One day.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Dead Mans Shoes, literaly.

placidcasual wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Dead Mans Shoes, literaly.

Possibly but they are mint condition so he treated himself in his final furlong.  Toffs wear dead man's clothes all the time, just get granddad's old coat recut at the tailors.

Cheaney make good shoes.

Splashout and get some new Brashers they’ll last you all your life.

placidcasual wrote:

Cheaney make good shoes.

Splashout and get some new Brashers they’ll last you all your life.

Yeah, tbh they aren't even that expensive.  You can get a good pair for a ton.

Fucking dog chewed my Barker's penny loafers.  I had a pair of Church's from when I was a City knobhead and they were pretty fucked, sold them on eBay for 50 quid.  Similarly some Brendon Chelsea boots which I never liked anyway.